DIY ROSE OIL for glowing skin and shiny hair
A symbol of love and beauty, roses are extremely beautiful and have a sweet, fresh and Intoxicating smell and available in a variety of colours, we all admire and fancy them but roses are more than just a romantic expression. They are full of miraculous properties that can make your hair and skin healthy. Normally, we buy rose water or rose oil from markets with the expensive price but what if I tell you that you can prepare them yourself at home. Rose oil, seems confusing. How do we extract oil from those petals?
Here is a very easy procedure of making rose oil, right by yourself –
DIY Rose oil
- Rose petals
- Oil, preferably grapeseed oil or jojoba oil
- A glass jar
- A cheesecloth
- A dark-coloured glass bottle.
How to make it?
- Take the saucepan and put it on the stove. Then, fill it half with water.
- Bring the water to oil.
- You turn off the stove and put the saucepan out.
- Now, take the glass jar.
- Pour half a cup of oil in the jar, you can choose either grape seed oil or jojoba oil. You can also use olive oil.
- The idea behind using those oil is that do not have a much natural odour, any oil that has a minimum natural odour is fit for making rose oil.
- Now, take a cup of rose petals and crush or shred it and put in the oil.
- Do not shake the oil, just give it a little swirl, so the petals dissolve a little in the oil.
- Now cover the jar and place in the saucepan of boiling water.
- The hot water will warm the oil which in turn will result in releasing the scent of the rose petals.
- After the water cools, take the glass jar out keep it in a warm area. You can keep in near the window, where sunlight is coming.
- Leave it for 24 hours.
- Then, with the help of a cheesecloth strains the rose petals out.
- Strain the petals thoroughly.
- For a stronger smell, repeat the above-mentioned process more times with the same oil.
- Repeating this process five or six times for a desired level of scent.
- Now, after that, you can store the oil in a dark coloured bottle and store it away from sunlight.
How to use rose oil for skin?
- You can mix it with aloe vera gel and make a smooth paste to make a paste and apply it on your face to avoid acne. Wash it after fifteen to twenty minutes of applying. You can also add turmeric to it which will brighten up your skin as well.
- You can apply it directly on your face and leave it overnight to prevent dry skin and moisturize it.
- You can use it as a body lotion or moisturizer. You can mix it with your regular cream.
How to use rose oil for your hair?
- You can apply this oil directly on your hair and use it as a regular hair oil.
- You can mix it with shea butter and coconut oil and massage it on your hair thoroughly and shampoo it all out after thirty to forty minutes.