DIY: WITCH HAZEL TONER TO CLEAR ACNE AND SCARS
Witch hazel is extremely beneficial for the skin as it helps to reduce skin inflammation and soothes your skin from sunburns, unclogs pores, purifies and cleanses the skin. It is one of the best natural astringents available for all skin types, it dries out active acne and also helps to get rid of the scars in no time. In this article, we bring to you some easy DIY toners with witch hazel that are especially suited for acne-prone sensitive skin to get rid of acne and pigmentation quickly.
Rose water-witch hazel toner for clear skin
Rose water is a mild natural toner that tightens pores, cleanses the skin, moisturizes the skin and also imparts a beautiful pinkish tinge to your skin. Witch hazel is loaded with astringent properties and it helps to fade away acne scars from the face.
- Rose water: half a cup
- Witch hazel: half a cup
- Tea tree essential oil: 5-6 drops
- Take half a cup of rose water and witch hazel in a container.
- Add a few drops of tea tree essential oil in it, stir it well.
- Transfer the contents in an empty spray can.
- Replace your regular toner with this, use it twice a day for the best results.
Witch hazel and essential oil toner
Essential oils are concentrated and dense, they should always be diluted before application as they may burn the skin. Essential oils when combined with witch hazel, form a perfect toner that can also be used as a facial mist to provide hydration to the skin.
- Witch hazel: about 30 ml
- Tea tree essential oil: 3 drops
- Geranium essential oil: 6 drops
- Ylang ylang essential oil: 3 drops
- Lavender essential oil: 3 drops
- Frankincense essential oil: 3 drops
- Transfer 30 ml of witch hazel in an empty spray can.
- At first, add 6 drops of geranium essential oil followed by all the other essential oils, make sure that you maintain their accurate proportions.
- Shake it well.
- Use this toner twice a day as a part of your morning and nighttime skincare routine.
Witch-hazel and aspirin skin toner
Salicylic acid prevents the open pores from getting clogged and witch hazel is used as a toner for its gentle hydrating and inflammatory properties for achieving an even skin tone.
- Witch hazel: about half a cup
- Uncoated aspirin tablets: 3 tablets
- Add half a cup of witch hazel in an empty spray can.
- Drop the aspirin tablets in the spray can containing witch hazel.
- Shake it well.
- Once the solution turns cloudy, set it aside for the aspirin to dissolve completely in witch hazel.
- Spritz this toner on your skin after washing it with a mild cleanser.
Witch Hazel-sage tea facial toner
Sage tea boosts your stamina and improves the skin tone visibly, & witch hazel, on the other hand, repairs damaged skin. A combination of these herbal ingredients is completely safe on the skin and suitable for all skin types.
- Sage tea: about half a cup
- Vegetable glycerine: one teaspoon
- Witch hazel: 1 tablespoon
- Put half a cup of witch hazel in a clean bowl.
- Add the vegetable glycerine and witch hazel in it.
- Mix it well & transfer to an empty and clean spray bottle.
- Use this toner twice in a day for the best results.