Falsa Fruit can make your lips naturally pink
We all face the problem of having dark lips at some point in our lives. Pigmentation on the lips can be caused due to multiple reasons. These reasons include smoking, biting of the lips or sun exposure. The most common cause of dark lips is sun exposure which darkens the sensitive skin of our lips.
The falsa fruit, when ripe is naturally pink in color and can be used for getting rid of lip-pigmentation. Here is an easy way to prepare a remedy to make the lips naturally pink using the falsa fruit:
- Take 1/4th cup of beeswax and melt it using the double boiler method. Do not heat it directly as that would burn the wax and make it hard to prepare the lip balm.
- While the wax is melting, add in 2 teaspoons of rosewater to it along with 1 teaspoon of sweet almond oil. Mix well.
- Once the mixture is prepared and the wax has melted, add it into a bowl.
- Take 2 tablespoons of falsa berries into a bowl and mash them well.
- You will notice that a pink and red colored juice comes out of the fruit. Strain the pulp and add the juice to the wax.
- Mix well and then place the mixture into a small pot or any container from which you will be using the lip balm.
- Let the lip balm solidify in the refrigerator and then you can use it.
- In order to apply it on the lips simply add a little bit of this balm onto the lips and spread evenly. Repeat this process of applying the balm at least 3-4 times a day or as and when needed.
How this helps:
Falsa fruits are a rich source of antioxidants. This is a very essential component for any skin lightening remedy. Antioxidants help the skin to heal faster and replace the older cells with the new and fresh cells which are pink. When applied on the lips, the juice extracted from the falsa fruit will be helpful in adding a natural rosy tint to the lips and healing the pigmentation as well.
Beeswax is excellent for hydrating the lips as it has a thick texture which helps in locking in the moisture and preventing dry and chapped lips. Almond oil is also good for getting rid of darkness around the lips.
Rosewater helps in creating a cooling sensation on the lips and helps in soothing the dry and cracked lips.
It is also recommended that one should use this lip balm before going to bed and leave it on the lips overnight for getting effective results. While stepping out in the sun, make sure to use this lip balm under a lipstick. It will prevent the lips from getting damaged.
Dehydration can also be a cause of pigmentation of the lips. If one is not having enough water then an external remedy may not be very helpful. Hence it is recommended to have at least 6-8 glasses of water every day along with doing this remedy.