Homemade Amla Oil for Grey Hair
Amla oil is widely preferred for hair growth and is very helpful in controlling premature greying of the hair as well. However, there are easy methods of preparing amla oil at home as well. Here are a few methods which will help you to prepare your own amla oil to reap its benefits. Make sure you are not allergic to amla in any way. It is best to prepare the base of the oil with coconut oil or sesame seed oil. However, other oils like avocado oil and castor oil can also be used.
- Take 4-5 fresh amlas or Indian gooseberries.
- Chop them into fine pieces and remove the seeds.
- Dry these chopped pieces in sunlight. Once they are completely dehydrated and dry, grind them into a fine powder.
- Add the prepared amla powder to 1 cup of coconut oil.
- Heat up the mixture till the oil’s colour starts to change.
- Once the oil has turned brown in colour, turn off the heat and let the oil cool down completely.
- Strain the oil well to make sure you get no amla ash in the oil.
- Use the strained oil on your hair twice every week.
- Take 5 tablespoons of dried amla powder.
- Add it to 250 ml of coconut oil or sesame oil and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into a container and then place the container in the sun.
- You must allow the oil too steep for about 4-5 weeks in direct sunlight.
- Shake it once in every few days.
- After 4-5 weeks, strain the oil well and use it two times a week.
How to use the prepared amla oil:
- Take 1/4th cup of the homemade amla oil and warm it up slightly if necessary.
- Apply the oil on the scalp first and massage it well for about 15 minutes.
- Apply the rest of the oil on the hair ends to make sure that the hair strands are well saturated with oil.
- Let the oil stay on the hair for at least 3-4 hours.
- If you would like, you can leave the oil in your hair overnight in order to enhance the benefits.
- Another popular method of using this oil is by applying it 30 minutes before you take a bath.
- Simply shampoo and condition your hair as normal.
- Repeat this remedy two times a week.
How this helps:
- Amla is a rich source of phyto nutrients and vitamins which help it in strengthening the hair follicles and allowing the hair to grow longer and healthier. Since amla has plenty of vitamin C, it helps greatly in increasing the production of collagen which again helps in making the hairs grow longer.
- Amla oil and amla juice are excellent remedies for getting rid of dandruff due to the fact that the vitamin C present in the oil will help in eliminating it .
- Amla oil can certainly improve the pigmentation of the hair and it helps in delaying the graying of hair. It also acts as a great scalp cleanser which allows the hair to grow and remain healthy and voluminous.