Homemade Remedy to Whiten your Teeth Naturally
Brushing is the only way one knows how to clean the teeth and many times, this does not deliver the results of teeth whitening as much as one would prefer. Whitening of teeth is possible using ‘at home’ items which also clean the teeth thoroughly. Since these natural ingredients are found at home, they are very cost effective and efficient. The following are some effective home remedies for whitening your teeth.
1. Sea Salt and Baking Soda
The salt and baking soda react with one another, and hence, the resulting mixture helps to remove surface stains from the teeth.
- Baking Soda – 1 Teaspoon
- Sea Salt – 1/2 Teaspoon
- Water – 2 Teaspoons
- Soft Toothbrush – 1
- In a small dish, mix the sea salt and the baking soda with a little of water to form a smooth paste.
- Using a soft toothbrush, rub the paste on the teeth gently.
- Leave it on for 2 minutes and then rinse it off.
- Brush your teeth again with regular paste immediately.
- Repeat this process once or twice a week for the best results.
2. Turmeric Powder
Turmeric has natural anti-microbial properties that help remove surface stains from the teeth.
- Turmeric Powder – 1/8th Teaspoon
- Water – 1 Teaspoon
- Run the regular toothbrush under water and then dip it in the turmeric powder.
- Brush the teeth as usual and then leave the turmeric in the mouth for about 3-5 minutes.
- Rinse the mouth and then brush the teeth again with the regular toothpaste, making sure all the yellowness of turmeric is removed.
- Repeat this process once in every two days till required results are achieved.
3. Activated Charcoal
This is a very good absorbent and thus pulls out all the stains and bacteria from the teeth.
- Toothbrush – 1
- Activated Charcoal – 1 Capsule
- Cup – 1
- Place a wet toothbrush on a napkin.
- Slowly open and empty the activated charcoal capsule on the brush and start brushing.
- Gently brush for 4-5 minutes and periodically spit into the cup (for a neater disposal).
- Rinse the mouth, cleaning the teeth as well as the tongue.
- Repeat this process 3 times a week for the most effective results.
4. Apple Cider Vinegar
- Apple Cider Vinegar – 1 Teaspoon
- Water – 1 Cup
- Dilute the apple cider vinegar in the cup of water.
- Rinse the mouth with this water for about 2-4 minutes.
- Spit this out and rinse the mouth again with regular water.
- Repeat this process once a week for the best results.
5. Essential Oil and Honey
- Peppermint essential oil – 1 Drop
- Honey – 1/2 Teaspoon
- In a small dish, add 1 drop of peppermint oil to the honey and mix it well.
- Rub this mixture on the teeth properly using a toothbrush, covering all the nooks.
- Leave it on for 5 minutes and then rinse the mouth thoroughly.
- Follow this with regular brushing of the teeth.
- Repeat this process twice a week for the best results.
It is highly advisable that before attempting any of the above home remedies, one must be absolutely sure that none of the ingredients in the remedy causes any kind of allergic reaction.
Latest posts by Arushi Phakey (see all)
- Top 5 DIY Nourishing Protein Hair Mask - May 31, 2019
- Remove Wrinkles on Face Permanently with this Natural Pack - May 21, 2019
- Use it for just a few Nights and Get Spot Free Glowing Skin - May 19, 2019