Homemade Tea Tree Oil Face Wash to Clear Acne
Tea tree essential oil is very effective in getting rid of various skin issues since it is antibacterial and antifungal in nature. It helps in getting rid of acne in a gentle manner and there are many studies which have proved its effectiveness. Here are some easy to prepare DIY face washes which can be used for getting rid of acne.
Tea Tree Oil and Aloe Vera Gel Face Wash
- Take ½ cup of freshly extracted aloe vera gel. You can extract the gel from a fresh and tender aloe vera leaf or you can opt for store-bought aloe vera gel. While using the store-bought aloe vera gel, make sure it has no added fragrances.
- Add 10-15 drops of tea tree essential oil to the gel along with a 1/4th cup of organic honey.
- Mix properly to combine all the ingredients well. With this mixture, the essential oil will become diluted.
- Pour this mixture into a bottle which has a pump. This will allow you to use the face wash effectively.
- To use this face wash, apply some water to the face.
- Take a dime sized amount of the face wash from the pump bottle and rub it on the face using gentle and circular motions.
- Massage the face with it for 1 minute.
- Rinse it off with cold water.
- Use this face wash two times a day for effective results.
How this helps:
Honey helps in getting rid of pigmentation while aloe vera gel helps in soothing the skin and preventing dryness. This face wash will not dry the skin out since it has no foaming agent.
Tea Tree and Castor Oil Cleanser
- Add 15-20 drops of tea tree essential oil to a 1/4th cup of castor oil.
- Add in ½ cup of cold-pressed jojoba oil and mix well.
- Pour this into a jar.
- Wet your skin and take 4-5 drops of the oil mixture.
- Rub all over the skin, using gentle circular motions.
- Do this for 1 minute and then wipe the oil-mix off with a wet tissue.
- Do this remedy once a day.
How this helps:
This remedy works well for individuals with dry skin. This can also act as a very effective makeup remover. It will help in getting rid of the makeup and inhibiting acne as well. Jojoba oil keeps the skin soft while castor oil helps greatly in rejuvenating the skin.
Tea Tree and Lavender Oil Face Wash
- Take 10 drops of tea tree essential oil and mix it with 5 drops of lavender essential oil.
- Add this oil mixture to a 1/4th cup of castile soap.
- Add in a 1/4th cup of rosewater with 1 tablespoon of aloe vera gel.
- Mix well until you get a smooth paste-like mixture.
- Pour this mixture into a soap dispensing bottle.
- To use this soap, wet your face with some water and then take a dime sized amount of the prepared face wash.
- Rub it all over your face using circular motions, make sure that you are lathering the soap very gently.
- Massage the skin for 1 minute and then wash off the face wash by rinsing with cold water.
- Do this remedy two times a day.
How this helps:
This face wash has a foaming agent and will act as a very good cleanser for acne prone skin. The lavender essential oil is well known for its anti-inflammatory properties. It helps to soothe irritated skin, reduce the redness and the pimples as well.