How Can You Turn Your Gray Hair Back To Its Natural Color With Potato Skins
If you are concerned about grey hair and want to get back your natural color then do not worry. Potato skins have proved out to be a blessing in disguise as it helps in fulfilling your wish very easily. It treats the premature graying & help the hair restore its natural color within a few months of regular use.
Potato Skins + Lavender Essential Oil
- Potatoes – 6
- Water – 4 cups
- Lavender Essential Oil – 10 drops
- A cooking pot
- A bowl
- Clean and dry bottle with an airtight stopper
- Regular shampoo
- Regular conditioner
- Take 6 medium sized potatoes, wash them under running water and now peel them.
- You will need nearly 1 cup of potato peels. Set aside the actual potatoes and use it for any other purpose.
- Place the peels inside a cooking pot and pour 4 cups of water in it.
- Place it on the gas burner and let it boil for 20 – 25 minutes on medium flame.
- Remove the pot from the flame but let the peels soak in the hot water for another 15 minutes.
- Strain the mixture through a strainer and separate the peels from the water.
- We need this water for our purpose, so keep it aside and throw away the peels.
- Let the water cool completely to room temperature.
- Add 10 drops of lavender essential oil to it and mix with the help of a spoon.
- Take a clean and dry bottle with an air-tight stopper and pour the potato peel water inside it.
- You can make it in a bulk and refrigerate it for further use.
- Shampoo and condition your hair beforehand to remove any surface impurities on the scalp and hair.
- Pour the water over your hair. Make sure you have parted your tresses and are applying it thoroughly on every hair with help of an applicator brush.
- Massage for 2 – 4 minutes so that the water seeps inside the pores of the scalp.
- Put on a shower cap.
- You have two options as you can leave it on as it is and let it dry.
- The other option is to let it sit for ½ an hour and then rinse it away with cold water.
Frequency Of Use
If you have lots of gray hair it is better to use the potato peel water 1 time every day for at least 1 month to get noticeable effective results. Later start using the water on your hair 3 times a week or on alternate days for desired results. It is important to continue with the recipe for at least 3 months if you really want to completely remove your gray hair and turn it once again to its natural color.
How it Works:
The potato-peel infused water becomes a thick starchy solution that is enriched with Vitamin B3, enzymes, nutrients and antioxidants that clears away impurities from the clogged hair follicles. It strengthens and nourishes the scalp and the hair and helps it to turn back to its natural color by removing gray hair effectively.