How to do Winter facial at home to get glowing and soft skin
With the winter season coming up, you might already be worried about how to look your best in this festive season. Dry skin, chapped lips, and skin darkening due to cold creams are one of the reasons why you long for that parlour appointment. But what if you can take great care of your skin at home, snuggling up in your own blanket and bed?
Organic at home facial is one of the best gifts you can give to your skin. This is because you know your skin better than anyone else and therefore you can change the ingredients according to what does and what does not work for your skin. Plus, most of the things are easily available at your home and are chemical free, so no side-effects!
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to do winter facial at home. Try it today.
Cleansing and Scrubbing the skin:
This is the first step of our facial. It is important to clean out your skin and remove any makeup, pollutants and other impurities that might have settled on your skin. Scrubbing removes the dead skin cells and makes the skin look much more glowing and youthful.
- Coconut powder: 1 tablespoon
- Walnut and almond powder: 1/2 tablespoon
- Raw milk: as required
- Mix all the ingredients to make a smooth paste.
- Wash your face with clear water.
- Use a band to keep away hair from your face.
- Apply the paste on your face as a scrub. Rub it on your skin in circular motion.
- Wash your face after 10 minutes.
Steaming helps your skin breath. It opens up the pores which help the impurities come out and clear the skin.
- Green tea bag
- Hot water
- Use a facial steamer if you have one.
- If you don’t, take some hot water in a large bowl and put a green tea bag in it.
- Cover your face and bowl with a towel and let the steam to come in contact with your skin.
- Don’t steam for more than 5-7 minutes.
Face massaging will boost the blood flow and give your skin that pinkish glow from the inside.
- Aloe vera gel: 1/2 tablespoon
- Almond oil: few drops
- Vitamin E capsule: 1
- Break the vitamin E capsule and mix all the ingredients together.
- Slather this mixture on your face and neck.
- Massage with the help of your fingertips for 7-8 minutes.
- Clean with a wet towel.
Carrot and Honey face pack
Carrots are the seasonal vegetable of winters. Not only for eyesight, but carrots also does wonders for the skin. It contains Vitamin C which has healing properties for the skin. It can also clean up oily skin and reduce the chances of acne and inflammation. Honey, on the other hand, moisturizes the dry skin and makes it healthier and glowing!
- Carrot pulp(blended): 1 tablespoon
- Honey: 1 tablespoon
- Mix the carrot and honey well.
- Apply this mask on your face and massage for a few minutes.
- Leave it on for at least 10 minutes.
- Rinse and pat dry.
Latest posts by Manisha Joshi (see all)
- Erase Wrinkles from Your Face on Natural Way - May 31, 2019
- 5 Natural And Healthy Ways To Improve Hair Growth - May 21, 2019
- DIY Baking Soda Mask To Remove Stains, Wrinkles and Dark Circles on Your Face Without Botox - May 16, 2019