How To Get Bigger Hips – Get Smaller Waist With Wider Hips
Trends are no more just static to clothes and fashion. It has entered the social media, the food that people eat and also certain diets that are followed like rituals. All hail to Queen K Kardashian, hourglass shape with a tiny waist and a bigger hip also joined the trend game and it looks like it is here to stay.
Well, most of us love how our body looks but wouldn’t mind getting one that is a perfect hourglass. An attractive, perfectly shaped bust, a tiny waist that helps accentuate your overall curves and a curvy hip, if you have these three things you probably are walking each street with head high and a genuinely happy smile.
Reaching that body type is sure difficult but one can’t slip it right under the impossible carpet. It requires dedication and time but the end results are satisfying. Let’s look at a few exercises that can help us take a step towards the desired body.
Exercises For A Bigger Hip Naturally
While there are medical ways of getting your hips enlarged using injection and surgeries, they sure are not the safest bet. Losing weight, toning your body and making it every outfit ready is a pleasure that medicinal or surgeries will surely keep you deprived off.
Learn some of these and do it at the convenience of your very home to get peach like hips that will give you the most desired hourglass shape within no time. A little consistency, a healthy diet and lots of motivation, and within no time you will not be far away from getting hips that won’t ever lie.
- Stand straight and keep your legs apart, parallel to your shoulders.
- Now push your body backwards and bend down.
- Make sure your knees are parallel to your toes.
- Keep your gaze up. To make this easier, just imagine that you are sitting on an invisible chair.
- Inhale when you go down and exhale as you come up.
- Use your gluteus and to do this exercise.
This will help with the outside as well as the inside of the thigh. Sumo squats is the best way to get toned and bigger hips.
Weighted Squat Exercise
- Stand straight with уоur fееt, ѕhоuldеr width apart.
- Carry weight on your shoulder.
- You can also keep your arms extended in front of you if you don’t have the equipment around you.
- Bend уоur knееѕ to a ninety dеgrее angle.
- Make sure that your back is straight and your belly is pulled in.
- Riѕе bасk up and squeeze your hips and butt muscle.
Squats utilizes both the legs and the buttock muscles hence help in increasing your butts naturally. This also helps in strengthening the muscles of the leg.
- Get into a kneeling position with your knees, shoulder-width apart and your feet straight.
- Make sure that your back is aligned straight and your torso is tight.
- Now, sit back towards your heels and then push yourself back to your starting position.
- Complete 3 sets of 10 reps.
Kneeling squats work best to activate the gluteus muscles and work it around to get a wider hip.
- Stand straight with your feet separated and toes pointing forward.
- Push your hips back and bend. Make sure that your knees don’t go beyond your toes.
- Stay there for 20 seconds and come up and repeat.
- You can 20 secs each of 3 sets.
Staying in one position for 20 seconds put all the pressure of the gluteus and help give it an appropriate shape.
- Stand straight with your back flat and your gaze looking right at the front.
- Bring your legs together with one foot next to the other.
- Bend down by pushing your hips back. Make sure your knees are parallel to your toes.
- Return to the original position.
- Squeeze your glutes when you come up.
Hop To action Squat
- Stand straight with your feet separated and toes pointing forward.
- Push your hips back until the point when your thighs end up parallel to the ground.
- Make sure your knees don’t go beyond your toes.
- Now raise up but instead of standing straight, take a hop.
- Go back to squat and hop again.
- Do the moves for 45 seconds.
Hop squats help tone the calves, gluteus, hamstrings, core, and quadriceps by bringing it to the appropriate shape.
- Stand with your back straight and your feet slightly wider than hip-width apart.
- Raise your right leg and stretch it in front of you. Hold that position.
- Place your arms in front of you for balance.
- Start lowering your butt toward the ground and make sure your knees don’t go past your toes.
- Return to the standing position.
- Push your hips back and lower your body as far as you can.
- Hold, push your body back to the starting position.
Squat Side Lift
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and in a parallel position.
- Hold your hands out in front of you for balance.
- Bend your knees, lowering your hips into a squat. Rise and straighten the legs.
- Lift the right leg out to the side and while doing so, squeeze the outer gluteus.
- Come back to the original position and repeat on the other leg.
Squat side lifts helps in targeting the gluteus while also engaging in quadriceps and hamstrings in the thighs as well as calf, abdominal and lower-back muscles.
Narrow to Side Squats
- Keep your legs close to each other with a little gap.
- Push your hip out and bend down, this is part of the narrow squat.
- Now, make sure that your knees are parallel to your toes.
- Raise up and step your right feet out.
- Again go down for a squat making sure the knees are parallel to the toes.
- Raise up and go back to the narrow squat.
- This time step your left feet out.
- Do this for one whole minute. Alternating between the legs.
- You can do sets of 3 for 1 minute each.
- Stand straight and go bend down as you would for a normal squat.
- Instead of coming back to the position, stay there and raise hands to stretch it out facing the sky.
- Keep your feet firmly placed on the ground and don’t jump while you stretch your hands up.
- Repeat this in 3 sets, 50 seconds each.
- Remember to hold the position and then raise your hands from side to up.
This gives a uniform toning to the body working from making the hips toned and bigger to working on that extra fat on your arms as well.
Side Jump Squats
- Stand straight and bend down by pushing your hips back.
- Make sure your knees are aligned to your toes.
- Come back to your original position and jump to the right. Come back to the starting position.
- Repeat the same, however, this time, jump to the left.
- Come back to the original position.
- Repeat this 35 times, 2 sets each.
Squats help in toning and tightening the hip muscles whilst making it bigger. The jump pumps up the body and the muscles around the hip and leg.
- Do your normal squat but wear a Pilates stretchy band on your thighs.
- Once you bend your knees hold that position.
- Bent, stretch your knees outwards. Do 20 reps of this.
- Take rest for a few seconds and repeat again.
- Do a total of 3 sets of 20 reps each.
Squat stretches engage the quadriceps, hamstrings and calf muscles. It helps to tone and strengthen the legs as well as the hips.
Bulgarian Split Squat
- Stand 2-3 feet in front of a chair with a weight in each hand.
- Place one of your toes on the chair and the other stretched out at the back.
- Begin to slowly squat down so that your thigh is parallel to the ground.
- Return to the original position and squeeze your glutes while you do so.
- Repeat 8-10 reps and switch side.
This exercise will help in adding muscle size to your quads, hamstrings and gluteus.
Side Lunges Exercise
- Stand upright with your toes slightly turned outwards.
- Ensure that your left leg is firmly fixed on the ground.
- Take a full step to the right with your right foot.
- Lower yourself while planting your right foot on the right side.
- Make sure to keep your glutes and abs tight.
- Start back to your original position.
- Repeat this process with the other leg as well.
- Do 3 sets of 10 reps.
The side lunge is an amazing lower body exercise that helps in strengthening your quads, gluteus and hamstrings while targeting both the inner and outer thighs.
- Grab a pair of dumbbells and hold them at arm’s length next to your sides.
- Keep your palms facing each other.
- Step backwards with your right leg, and lower your body until your left knee is bent at least 90
degrees and your right knee nearly touch the floor.
- Push yourself back to the starting position by pressing into the floor with your left heel.
- That’s 1 rep. Do all your reps, then repeat with your right leg.
The pressure with reverse lunge is reduced as the tendency with forward lunges is to get the knee too far forward and over the toes. This one strains less yet help in getting a bigger hip.
- Stand a few feet in front of a step and stretch your left foot back so toes are on the bench and heels lifted.
- Bend the right knee, lowering your body toward the floor.
- Make sure you form a 90-degree angle.
- If your right knee extends in front of your ankle when you lower, move your right foot farther forward.
- Squeeze the glutes as you press yourself back to start.
- Continue moving up and down for the desired number of reps and switch sides.
Elevated lunge helps in maintaining the balance while working on the leg and butt muscles, It also tightens the core and help align the body.
- With your hands on your hips, lunge forward with your right foot to the 12 o’clock position.
- Return to standing position, then lunge to the right to the 3 o’clock position.
- Return to standing position, then lunge backwards to the 6 o’clock position.
- Then lunge to the side, reaching your right leg to the 8 or 9 o’clock position.
- Switch legs and repeat.
- Repeat 3 sets of 15.
Around the clock lunges help in strengthening your lower body, increase core strength, muscle tissue and help you get the perfect buttocks you always hoped for.
Lateral Goblet Lunge
- Stand with feet together.
- Hold one heavier dumbbell vertically by one end with both hands at chest height, elbows bent by sides.
- Keeping left leg straight and both feet pointing forward, step right leg to the right side and bend from the knee.
- Push the right foot up and come back to the original position.
- Do 20 reps.
Lateral goblet lunge engages your core and abdominal muscles. It also helps with bigger hip and also help in maintaining a decent posture.
- Stand straight and bend down for a squat.
- Come back to your original position and instead of doing a squat again, go into the courtesy position with preferred leg stretched backwards.
- Imagine an exaggerated bend in front of the queen, that is the posture we are looking for.
- Repeat this 10 each side. You can do reps of 3
This stretches the leg and hip muscles to the maximum because of the exaggerated stretch. IT works up on the gluteus and leave one with a toned hips.
- Stand straight or sideways whichever gives you enough space.
- Bend your right knee backwards and take a step back with the bend.
- Once done with the basic lunge, use the same leg and throw a kick out in the air.
- Bring the leg that you are using to kick as high as possible.
- Do 2 sets, 50 seconds on each leg.
Kick lunges help in building stability. A stronger core allows you to deal with lower back pain. It also helps in balancing and forming a toned but and thigh.
#3. Raise & Lifts
Stiff Leg Dеаd lifts
- Stand with your fееt, ѕhоuldеr-width араrt.
- Hold the weight in front of уоur thighs with arms straight.
- Bend from the hips, and lower the weights down toward the ground.
- Get back up and start again.
Vertical Hip Lifts
- Lie flat on your back.
- Lift your legs until they are straight up creating an L.
- Lift your hips off the floor towards the ceiling.
- Make sure not to bend your knees or alter the position.
- Come back to your position.
It perfectly works well for targeting the hip muscles. It will help in making your hips toned, and well sculpted.
- Lay Down on your back.
- Bend your knees and keep the hands by your side.
- Lift уоur butt toward the сеiling.
- Squeeze your butt muscle on the top, and then lower it down.
- Do 3 sets of 10 rереtitiоnѕ.
It is the most effective way of losing any gluteus. It strengthens it and also help with core and its pain.
Side Leg Lifts
- Lie on your right side, legs on top of each other.
- Keep your arms bent and rest your head on it. Lift your leg.
- Make sure it makes a 45-degree angle and bring it back.
- Repeat this 10 times to complete 1 rep.
- Rest for some seconds and deep breathe. Switch legs and repeat on the other side.
It tones your hips, butts, and thigh muscles, reduces excess fat, and increases lean muscle mass. It targets the adductor muscle group, which is essential for performing daily activities like walking, lifting, and balancing.
- Stand tall and clutch a divider for balance if required. You can also keep your hands on your waist.
- Lift one of your legs off the ground and stretch out to the side.
- Drop down the leg to finish a move.
- Repeat the exercise for 45 to 60 seconds and change legs.
This is a perfect exercise to tone your hip muscle and the gluteus. It also helps to reach an appropriate and desired body shape.
#4. Parallel Reaches
- Stand straight.
- Put all the weigh on your right foot with your left foot slightly lifted off the ground.
- Slowly, push yourself forward with your upper body and your left leg parallel to the ground.
- Hold that position before bringing your body back to the original.
This exercise works the butt muscles of your standing legs. It also engage your core muscles to stay balanced and well concentrated.
Donkey Lateral Kicks
- Get on all fours and keep your knees parallel to your shoulders.
- Tighten your core and begin to lift your left leg upwards.
- Using your gluteus muscles, lift your foot directly towards the ceiling, knees away from the ground.
- Make sure that your pelvis and hip that you are using is pointed towards the ground.
- Return to the starting position.
- Complete 3 sets of 20 reps on each leg.
Donkey lateral kick is a perfect exercise to tone the gluteus as it works on many muscles while focally targeting the hip.
- Gently hop from leg to leg. Be soft on your falls.
- Keep your hands crossed in front of your chest.
- Keep this momentum going for 60 seconds.
- Don’t let both the feet touch the ground until you’re done.
The side to side hops strengthens the core and boosts your weight loss. This exercise also helps in toning the hip muscles.
Single-Leg Dead Lift
- Stand on the right foot and raise your left leg at the back.
- Now, engage the gluteus and slowly bend forward.
- Bend to touch the ground as you extend your left leg straight out behind you.
- Pause and then return to starting position.
The single leg dead lift works the hamstrings and the gluteus. It also help in challenging core stability and strength. Side leg dead lift also improves body balance and posture and increases the muscle strength.
Pulse leg raise
- Stand straight and take your left leg out with toes facing the front.
- Keep the right leg straight, you will be using this for support and balance.
- With the left leg out, touch the ground from your right toe twice and then raise your leg.
- Keep the right legs toe pointed like a ballerina.
- Do 10 reps in 3 sets.
This naturally forces the gluteus muscles to work up and tone for a curvy bigger hip.
Inward Leg Lifts
- Lying on your side, lengthen the bottom leg and cross your top leg over it from the front.
- Rest either your knee or foot on the floor for support.
- As you exhale, lift your bottom leg up, and inhale as you lower it back down.
- Do 10 reps, then repeat on the other side.
Inward leg lifts target the Iliopsoas muscles of the hips. It also helps in engaging the thigh muscles including the Sartorius and Pectineus.
Side Duck Walks
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and push your hips back.
- Bend your knees, and try to squat until your thigh is parallel to the floor.
- Extend your arms out in front of you for balance.
- Make sure to keep your chest up and your weight on the heels.
- Maintain this posture as you walk forward and backwards or side to side.
#5. Machines & Equipments
- For this, you will need the leg press machine.
- Sit on the chair with уоur feet shoulder-width араrt
- Pushing the рlаtе up and fliррing the ѕаfеtу hаndlеѕ over, lower it tоwаrdѕ уоu.
- Onсе уоur knееѕ form a 90-dеgrее angle, рuѕh up and rереаt 10 to 12 times.
- Do not fully lock the knееѕ when рuѕhing up.
The seated leg press machine works many of the same muscles as the squat without putting as much load on the spine and knees. This is an easier way to lose the additional muscles to get toned hips.
- Stand behind the bench.
- Keep your feet hip-width араrt and the weights by your sides.
- Stер on the bench with уоur right fооt and bring your left fооt next to the right on the bench.
- Stер down with уоur right fооt and follow with the left.
- Begin аgаin with your right fооt lеаding and соntinuе in the ѕаmе раttеrn.
- Rереаt 10 to 12 timеѕ.
This exercise will help in tightening the muscles around the hip by making it toned. It also works as a great warm up exercise.
- Hold dumbbells by your sides and stand with your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Use a BOSU for this exercise and place it on the ground in front of you.
- Keep your chest up and shoulder blades back as you step forward.
- Centre your foot on the BOSU’s dome and lower your body down to take a lunge.
- Come back to the original position.
- Repeat with your opposite leg.
- Do 3 sets of 12 reps.
Alternate lunges help in warming the muscles of both the hips as well as the legs. It starts the fat burning and toning effect from the very first rep.
Split Squats With dumbbells
- Keep firm feet on the Bosu ball and place your hands next to you with dumbbells.
- Now, bend down balancing your body and make sure you go as down as you can.
- Come back to the original position and repeat this again from the other leg.
- Clench your hips muscles as it will provide a good balance.
- Do this in 10 reps of 3 sets.
Using your gluteus to do this exercise is the best way to go as it will help tone it and then shape it. Apart from helping the size, doing this exercise also helps in improving body balance.
Side Squat & Front Raise
- To perform this, you can either use a Bosu ball or a low rise bench.
- Take dumbbells in your hand and step your left foot out to the left side and bend your knees.
- Raise your dumbbells in front of you as you do so.
- Push back to the start and repeat.
- Switch sides once you complete a set of 10 with the left.
- Take breaks in between to calm your muscles.
This helps in forming body balance whilst working on burning the fat away from the thighs, hips and legs.
BOSU Superwoman Extension
- Balance on the BOSU with your hands and knees.
- Keep your hands a little ahead then centre and your knees slightly towards the end of BOSU.
- Extend one leg back and raise your opposite arm out in front of you.
- Make sure the raised leg and raised hand are parallel to the floor.
- Hold yourself in this position for about 2 seconds and come back to the original.
- Don’t alternate between the legs and finish one rep of one side completely before shifting sides.
- Do this in 10 reps of 3 sets.
Using BOSU helps in strengthening the core. It requires a lot of body stability and balance. It doubles the effect and helps in getting a bigger hip easily and quicker.
Single-Legged Donkey Kick
- Lie down and go into a plank position. Keep your arms resting on the BOSU.
- Don’t start the exercise before stabilizing yourself on the ball.
- Once done, bend one of your legs and bring it towards your chest.
- Keep the other leg stretched out as much as you can.
- Finish your set and then switch your sides.
- Do 3 sets of this exercise 12 reps on each leg.
Single-legged donkey kick targets the upper part of your leg’s hamstrings. It also helps in core stability to protect the lower back and doing it using a ball further enhances the affect.
- If performing this at home, sit on a chair with your knees bent.
- Wear an exercise stretchy band around your thigh and press your knees outwards.
- Breathe in and as you exhale spread both your legs outwards. Stretch as much as you can.
- Come back to the original position and repeat it again.
- Do 3 sets of 15 reps.
Abductors helps in aligning your body whilst working on the hip muscles and making them toned.
- Find a steady non-mobile object at your home like a table or a heavy bed.
- Attach the stretch bands to it. Place your feet in the band.
- Stretch till the band is exactly behind your heel.
- Take support of the object and place your abdomen onto it.
- Raise your leg up as much as you can.
- Go back to the usual position.
It works your gluteus and hamstrings whilst working on the back muscles. Reverse hypers also strengthen the back.
Standing Oblique Flexion
- Stand with your knees slightly bent and keep your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Take dumbbells on both hands and keep it by your sides. Keep your elbows slightly bent.
- Slowly, slide dumbbell down as far as you can and keep your hips clenched while doing so.
- You will have to bend your torso to the right while keeping hips square.
- Hold the posture for a good 2 seconds and slowly come up with dumbbells to exactly where you started.
- Repeat it till your complete the reps.
- Switch sides.
This stretches the side handles and help it bring back to a narrow shape which helps the hips appear bigger. This exercise also helps the hips as the clenching leads to its toning when done repeatedly.
#6. On-Floor Workouts
Plank Side To Side Leg Slides
- Go down to a board or push up position.
- Take the right leg toward your right elbow and bring it back to the starting position.
- Repeat on the left leg.
- Take the left foot to meet with your left elbow, then bring that back as well.
- Keep substituting the motion for 45 seconds.
The workout additionally works on the center muscle and upper body. It helps in aligning the hip muscles with the upper body muscles.
- Go on all your fours with your knees hip-width apart.
- Keep your wrists stacked with over your shoulders.
- With a pointed toe, extend your right leg and reach the foot toward the ceiling.
- Slowly lower the leg to tap the floor.
- Squeeze your glutes as you lift the leg back to your starting position.
- Lower the leg to tap the floor and return to starting position.
- Finish a rep and repeat again.
Rainbow exercise helps target the gluteus and also targets the abs, hamstrings and lower back.
- Lie down on your back with your knees and hips bent at 90 degrees.
- Make sure that your lower leg is parallel to the ground.
- Put your fingers on either side of your forehead and raise your upper body off the ground.
- Hold this posture. Now, twist your upper torso to your right, simultaneously pulling your right knee in as quickly as possible so it grazes your left elbow.
- Keep the left leg straightened while doing so.
- This, when done in a momentum, gives a cycling motion.
- Return to the start position and repeat the movement on the other side.
- Do 15-20 reps in the sets of 3.
This works up the waist as well as the hip muscles. It tones the entire body to get a perfect hourglass shape. It works on the core, the back as well as the hips.
- Descend to your fours on the floor and raise your preferred leg off the floor and stretch out to the side.
- Keep your back and neck straight and look forward and keep your pelvis stable.
- Slowly lower your leg back to starting position.
- Make sure that you don’t move the position of your knees and lift it as is.
- Repeat 10 times on one side, then switch legs.
- Increase to 20 repetitions on each side.
This exercise targets the outer gluteus, core and hips. It is a great one to tone and firm your butt. Whilst doing that, it also helps with thighs, strengthen the hips and also to tighten your core.
Extended fire hydrant
- Get on all fours and keep your knees directly parallel to your hips and your hands under your shoulders.
- Lift your left leg up and out to the side as high as possible.
- You have to imitate a dog’s peeing position.
- Come back to the normal position and lift your leg up straight with your sole pointing the sky.
- Repeat this on your right leg as well. This completes one set.
- Do 10 sets in 3 reps.
The basic fire hydrant tends to strengthen the gluteus while improving the hip stability. This also helps in losing the muscles that tighten due to constant sitting on a chair and make body more flexible.
- Lay flat on your back making sure that you aren’t arching your back.
- Press your ankles together and lift your legs up straight.
- Do this for 60 seconds straight.
- Repeat again.
Leg lifts strengthens the rectus abdomens which includes the muscle between the ribs and hips, and the oblique’s which are the muscles that run down the sides of the torso.
- Come to your fours on the floor and straighten out your preferred leg onto the side.
- Kick forward for 45 seconds.
- Repeat the same thing with your left leg.
- Make sure to keep your spine straight throughout the workout and clench your abs as much as possible.
Donkey kicks are great because they directly target the butt that other compound exercises tend to miss.
Single-Leg Hip Raise
- Lie with your back on the floor. Keep your left knee bent and your right leg stretched outwards.
- Try to make your stomach as clenched as possible and hold it.
- Squeeze your glutes and raise your hips till it forms a straight line from your shoulders to your knees.
- Use the leg that is stretched outwards to raise your hip.
- Pause for 2 seconds, lower the back to the starting position and repeat.
- Make sure your torso and hips should move as one unit and the arch in your lower back remains the same from start to finish.
This exercise builds strength and stability through the hamstrings and gluteus. The movement also improves core strength, balance, and coordination.
Floor leg lifts
- Lie down on the floor and keep your hands by the sides.
- Make sure your back is at complete rest.
- Bend your knees and raise right leg as well as the hip.
- Rest and take the support of your shoulders for this one.
- Make sure whichever leg you raise, it is slightly bent from the knees and not raised with keeping them completely straight.
- Do this 10 reps on each leg.
- Get on all your fours and take your right leg out and straighten it.
- Raise it towards the ceiling as much as you can.
- Start drawing invisible circles from your toe.
- Do 10 of those and come back to all fours again.
- Repeat the same thing on the right leg as well.
This pulls the maximum of your hips and leg muscles toning them for a perfect small waist and bigger hips body type.
- Lie on your stomach and raise your hands and leg up.
- Try not bending your hands as well as your legs when you raise them.
- Support your posture using your stomach.
- Imagine you are superman and you are flying. This will help you with the posture.
- Hold the superman posture of 30 seconds.
- Take a break for 30 seconds and then repeat it again.
This helps in spreading the lactic acid throughout your body and helping the lower back pain whilst toning that hip.
Kick-Ups With Side Kicks
- Lie down on your back and bend your knees.
- Lift your left leg and push your body up from the lower back, raising your hip as well.
- Do this for 15 times.
- Then, Keep your knees bent but use the same left leg and spread it in front.
- Raise it to a perpendicular position and open your legs and move your left leg to the left side.
- Repeat 15 on these as well.
- Do this for the right leg as well.
- Do 3 sets of these, 15 reps on each leg.
- Take 30-45 seconds break between the sets.
This put all the pressure on the gluteus and help in losing it and toning the hip to get Kardashian perfect hips.
- You will need a wall for this.
- Take its support and bend your knees. Imagine you are sitting on a chair.
- Keep your back entirely touched to the wall and squeeze your hips while doing so.
- Do 2 sets of 1 minute each.
- Give your body a 1 min break in between both the sets.
This brings all the attention to your lower back and mainly your hamstring. It helps to tone them by burning all the fat which you will experience while doing this.
Abs Rows Exercise
- Sit on the floor and bend your knees. Bring your hands under your hips.
- Stretch your legs out and bring it back. When you bring it back, make sure you touch your chest with your knees.
- Repeat this a couple of times without letting your heel touch the ground.
- Do 10 reps of 3 sets.
This is yet again an easier way of getting a narrow waist and hips bigger. This also adds strength to the hip muscles.
- Lie on your side and bend your knees so that your thighs are at a 90-degree angle to your body.
- Rest your head on one arm and bring the other in front of your chest for extra stability.
- Stack your hips directly on top of each other vertically. Do the same with your shoulders.
- Now, keep both your first toes touched together, and slowly widen your knees while opening your leg.
- Stretch as much as you can and not beyond your capacity.
- Exhale and slowly bring your knee back to the start position.
- Repeat this 5 times. Change sides.
Clams is one of the easiest exercises that begins the toning of hip and thigh muscles. It also helps with the pelvic stability.
- Sit with your knees on the floor pointing outwards and your feet together.
- Lie on your back and make sure your legs are in the diamond shape.
- Squeeze your hip muscles hard and lift it.
- Lower your hip back down to the floor.
The frog pumps removes both the quads and hamstring from the exercise. It also helps to treat the hip the most.
Ways Of Getting A Bigger Hip (Without the Exercise)
While exercising is the most important, best and practical way of gaining a bigger hip, there are other multiple ways that you can try which alone might not benefit much but when combined together can actually help the gluteus.
Maintain A Posture
A good posture helps in lifting your hip and improving your back. It helps in strengthening the hip muscles.
It also strengthens the core and helps to achieve bigger hips. While a stooped posture will not portray the best of you, a good posture will show all your curves in its maximal.
Massage And Exfoliate
A good massage helps in increasing the blood flow which in turn helps in plumping the hip and increasing its size. Massaging the hip using a cream or oil helps in toning it as well. You can pick one from the market or make one for yourself.
You can also use butt enhancement creams for it.
Foods For Bigger Hip
The diet makes a huge difference apart from exercise that helps in enhancing the hip. Nutrients help well with a bigger hip.
Proteins and amino acids help in building muscles. Proteins like chicken, turkey, and fish are terrific sources of protein. Carbohydrate food releases the insulin which helps in making the muscles toned around the hip.
Hip implant uses silicone slices implanted onto the hips to create an illusion of wider hips. This is a permanent solution and will help in retaining the shape. It also gives more consistent results and wouldn’t need touch-ups.
This is the best procedure for people with little body fat.
Plastic surgeons use fat injections into the outer hips to give it a plump, this transfer fat from one part to another.
The recovery in this method is shorter than hip implants. This is a good option for balancing the fat all over the body.
-> More affordable than him implants.
-> Not recommended for people who have lower body fat.
How To Wear The Right Clothes For A Bigger Hip
Pick the right jeans
- Anything that is baggy and not well fitted will look lousy and hide all your curves.
- Wear jeans with smaller pockets on the hip.
- Jeans with high waist help in giving a proper peach-like shape to your butt.
- Dark denim is a no-no if trying for a bigger hip look.
- Use underwear that helps lift your hips and keep them in the desired shape.
- Opt for shapewear to enhance and make your hips look bigger.
- Underwear with padding on the hip can also be an option.
- Opt for pantyhose and Spanx when wearing work wear or under casual outfits.
- Make sure to select supportive underwear that is comfortable and does not stop blood flow.
- Wear a tight belt to give a narrower waist which will make the hip bigger.
- Choose a darker belt shade with a light coloured shirt.
- If you have a bigger waist, you can wear a corset inside the clothes to shift the excess abdominal waist.
- Try wearing vertical stripes as horizontals make the waist look bigger and hence hide away the hip curves as well.
- Wearing heels change the natural posture of your body making the bust and hip bigger.
- Heels make it look like your backside has had a literal lift.
- The arch in your lower back pushes your chest forward, it improves the posture and makes it curvier.
- The higher the heel the higher your butt appears to lift.
So now that you are aware of the exercise that you have to do to achieve a body like that, why wait? And if exercising is not your cup of tea and you are okay with the idea of going under a needle or getting a complete surgery done, don’t hold that thought and go get it.
Be it a curvy body or not, the most important is you being confident with whatever you have or with whatever changes you can bring to your body be it naturally or medically. However, be 200% sure before opting for any of the changes that will remain with your permanently as going back might not be an option.
So love your body and dip down and exercise to achieve the body you desire! Because in the end what matters is the fact that you are comfortable in your own skin. Even if that comes by altering to a body type that you love!
You might find this article interesting DIY Slimming Powder To Get Rid Of Extra Fat Fast
This article has been medically reviewed by Dr.Geeta Sundar on 17/4/2019
The story of my life- I hate writing, I love having written- Dorothy Parker
Latest posts by Vani Kambali (see all)
- Scalp Acne Shampoo – Best Shampoo To Get Rid Of Pimple - April 23, 2019
- Home Remedies For Dry Scalp – Effective Natural Treatments - April 22, 2019
- Skin Elasticity – How To Boost It & Keep Your Skin Firm - April 15, 2019