How to Get Instant Crystal Clear and Glowing Skin
Bright and clear skin is a sign of good health, however, with tiring work schedules and constantly being busy, the stress in our minds often results into lack of proper sleep, tiredness on the face and generally feeling fatigued. Apart from the stress of one’s life, the weather also has a major effect on the skin, for example, with the level of moisture in the air, or dryness. In these cases, it is always advisable to take a little extra care of the skin and face masks are the way to go about it. Buying readily available face masks may seem like an added expense, and thus, the following are some DIY face masks that can be prepared from natural items that are already present in almost every house.
1. Coffee & Turmeric
- Instant coffee powder – 1 tbsp
- Turmeric – 1 tbsp
- Yogurt – 2 tbsp
- 1 Applicator Brush
- Mix the coffee powder and the turmeric in a bowl.
- Slowly whisk in the yogurt in the bowl in small portions and stop adding more once a thick paste-like consistency is formed.
- Using the applicator brush, apply the paste on the face and neck area.
- Let it rest for 20 minutes.
- Gently massage the paste for 2 minutes and then rinse it off using normal water.
- Repeat this process 2-3 times a week for better results.
2. Tomato & Buttermilk
- Tomato Juice – 3 Teaspoons
- Buttermilk – 3 Teaspoons
- Cotton Balls – 2 or 3
- Mix the tomato juice and buttermilk in a bowl and make sure it is well combined.
- Using the cotton ball, apply this mix on the face and neck region.
- Leave it on for 30 minutes and then rinse it off using normal water.
- Repeat this process 2-3 times a week for effective results.
3. Milk & Almond Milk
- Regular Milk – 2 tablespoons
- Almond Milk – 2 tablespoons
- Honey – 1 teaspoon
- Cotton Balls – 3 or 4
- Take a bowl and mix the 2 different kinds of milk.
- Add the honey and mix it well enough so that the honey dissolves.
- Wash the face and apply the mask using the cotton balls.
- Massage it on the face for 5 minutes after which it should start to get dry.
- Sleep with it on and rinse it off first thing the next morning.
- Repeat this process every night until results are visible.
4. Turmeric & Flour
- Turmeric Powder – 1/4th Teaspoon
- Flour – 2 Tablespoons
- Runny Honey – 3 Drops
For oily skin also add
- Lemon Juice – 4 drops
- Plain yoghurt – ¼ cup
For Dry Skin also add
- Olive oil – 2 Tablespoons
- Mix the flour and turmeric and once it is well combined, the honey should be added.
- Mix it very well so that all the honey is incorporated into the dry mixture.
- For oily skin, stir in the lemon juice and add the yoghurt in portions till a creamy paste-like consistency is acquired.
- For dry skin, mix the olive oil into the mixture till a paste is formed.
- Apply the mask on the face and neck and leave it on for 15 minutes.
- Rinse it off using a warm cloth.
Before kick-starting with any of these face masks, it is advisable to do a patch test to see if the ingredients of the mask are suitable for the skin or not.