How To Get Rid Of Cheek Acne – Causes, DIYs & Prevention Tips
Acne or pimples on your cheeks are very unsightly. These ugly red bumps on your skin signify something is wrong with your skin and you should take better care of your skin. However, you do not need to fret just yet. There are tons of cosmetic products available in the market which will help you get rid of acne and scars from your beautiful face. Although, you do not need to sink tons of your money for the treatment of one of the most common skin problems in the world. Since a majority of citizens of the world have to face pimples at some point or other in their lives, a lot of natural and home-available ingredients have been discovered which help get rid of the annoying acne.
Most of these ingredients are all natural and will help you to cure your acne problem without any side-effects but rather nourishing your skin.
What Causes Cheek Acne?
Acne and pimples are two of the most common skin issues faced by people worldwide. Still, is no one definitive answer which causes pimples on your cheeks. That pesky and unsightly acne can be caused by a variety of different factors and variables. Let us look at them to understand the reasons behind the outbreak of pimples on your cheeks.
- Excess sebum and bacteria on your cheeks: Glands under the surface of your skin called sebaceous glands produce natural skin oils which guard and preserve your skin. These oils, called sebum, together with dead skin cells or other impurities can clog up your pores to form a plug. These plugs can get infected from bacteria which lives on your skin, resulting in the formation of a pimple. These bacteria are one of the most common reasons behind acne and breakouts.
- Hormones and genetics: Your genes are crucial in determining how much or even if you get pimples or breakouts. Hormonal imbalance can also lead to the formation of pimples on cheeks.
- Diet: What you consume can also have a big hand in your pimples. Dairy products tend to increase the risk of acne significantly. Sugary foods also lead to breakouts and pimples.
- Excessive stress: Excessive stress and anxiety can worsen the symptoms of pimples and acne and cause breakouts to happen on your cheeks.
- Certain medications: You body’s reaction to some drugs which contain corticosteroids, testosterone, or lithium in them can result in the occurrence of pimples and acne.
- Smoking and pollution: Keeping unhealthy habits like smoking will hamper your skin health and can lead to breakouts. Impurities and excessive pollution in the environment can also irritate your skin to cause acne.
Home Remedies For Pimples On Cheeks
You do not have to spend hundreds of your hard earned bucks on buying cosmetic products to treat pimples on your cheeks. Your kitchen and home are already armed with a plethora of varied ingredients which have harsh effects on your pimples. These ingredients and remedies will help you get rid of cheek acne naturally and quickly without harming your skin or causing any significant side effects.
Now, let us dive into the big list of home remedies which will cure your acne naturally and prevent any future breakouts.
Lemon and its juice are fantastic for drying out and curing pimples and acne. That is because it has potent astringent properties. Hence, it clears off any excess sebum in the pores and skin to curb the risk of acne and breakouts. Lemon, being a citric, fruit contains Vitamin C and citric acid in it. Both of these compounds are highly beneficial for the skin’s health. Vitamin C acts as a powerful anti-oxidant to protect the skin from free radical damage while also boosting skin’s collagen levels. Moreover, lemon juice can also kill off P. acnes bacteria. This bacteria is one o the major and most common reasons behind acne and breakouts. Hence, lemon juice is one of the best, very easily available and economical options for the treatment of your pimples and breakouts.
Furthermore, lemon juice can also calm redness, irritation or inflammation on the skin. This could be beneficial in treating inflammatory acne while also helping fade leftover acne scars.
How to use?:
|Lemon juice||1 tablespoon|
- Firstly, squeeze some fresh lemon juice from a lemon.
- After that, take 1 tbsp of lemon juice and then mix it with 1 tbsp of pure distilled water.
- Then, take a cotton ball or swab and dip it in the mixture.
- After that, dab the lemon juice soaked cotton ball onto your pimples or affected areas of your skin.
- Lastly, leave the mixture on your skin for about 25 minutes before rinsing it off using cool water. You are done!
You can also use the following lemon and sugar scrub to get rid of your acne while also exfoliating your skin.
|Lemon||1 of it|
|Brown sugar||1 tablespoon|
- Firstly, squeeze out the juice from a fresh lemon.
- Then, mix 1 tbsp of brown sugar with the lemon juice well.
- After that, wash your face as you usually do, using your regular face wash. Use warm water and pat your face dry afterward.
- Then, gently and carefully massage the mixture onto your acne or problem areas of the skin i.e. your cheeks.
- Lastly, let the scrub stay on your cheeks for about 15 minutes before rinsing it off using warm water. You are done! Repeat this remedy regularly to get rid of your cheek acne in no time.
There is another home remedy to treat cheek acne. This one will utilize the skin of the lemon fruit.
|Lemon||1 of it|
- Firstly, take a fresh lemon and then grate it over a bowl to obtain the lemon rind.
- After that, massage your cheeks using the lemon rind. Scrub the rind onto your cheeks using gentle circular massaging motions with your fingers.
- Lastly, let the rind stay on your face for about 10 minutes before washing it off using cold water. You are done!
Honey is basically a miracle ingredient for human health. It packs in tons of benefits for the health of the skin. Honey is a natural antibiotic and has potent anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. Hence, it attacks the major root of acne problem. It will eradicate harmful bacteria and microbes from the surface of your cheeks which are the main reason behind pimples and breakout. Moreover, it is extremely moisturizing and hydrating to the skin. That is due to the fact that honey is a natural humectant. That means it attracts moisture into your skin and helps seal it in too. Hence, it helps your skin stay and healthy and moisturized for longer. The anti-inflammatory properties in it will soothe your cheeks from irritation and redness from the acne. Furthermore, honey is extremely nourishing to the skin and will stimulate its healing to fade acne scars quickly.
How to use?:
You can use raw honey directly on your pimples as a spot treatment to clear them in a rapid fashion.
|Cotton ball||as needed|
- Firstly, take a tbsp of raw organic honey in a bowl.
- Then, use a cotton swab or ball to dab the honey onto your pimples gently.
- Lastly, leave it on your skin for about half an hour to an hour and then rinse it off using warm water afterward. You are done! Use this simple and straightforward remedy every day regularly to get rid of the acne of on your cheeks in no time.
Or you can also use manuka honey to treat your pimples. It is a type of honey which is produced in New Zealand and it is one of the most potent anti-bacterial honey available. Use the following manuka honey spot treatment to cure pimples on your cheeks quickly.
|Manuka Honey||as needed|
- Firstly, you have to cleanse your face. Use your regular process for it.
- After that, cover your pimples by applying small dollops of manuka honey to coat them fully.
- Then, apply bandaid over the pimple so that honey stays close to your skin.
- Lastly, for best results, leave it on overnight and then wash it off using warm water in the morning. If you do not have much time, you can leave it on for however long you can. At least 30 minutes would be a good place to start though.
You can also utilize the following blend to get rid of your pimples quickly.
|Tea tree essential oil||2-3 drops|
- Firstly, take a tablespoon of raw organic honey in a bowl and add about 2 to 3 drops of tea tree essential oil to it.
- Then, mix the two ingredients together well.
- After that, apply this mixture onto your cheeks and acne evenly.
- Lastly, rinse the mixture off after about 10 to 15 minutes. You are done!
#3. Aloe Vera
Aloe vera literally has hundreds of benefits for health and wellness. It provides innumerable benefits to your beauty and skincare. The gel in it thick succulent leaves provide many benefits too and can be very helpful in treating pimples and breakouts on the cheeks. Aloe vera gel is made up of many essential vitamins, minerals, enzymes, saponins, amino acids, sugars, and salicylic acids for the body. Hence, it has potent anti-microbial and anti-inflammatory properties. Scientific studies have shown conclusively that aloe vera gel is a strong anti-bacterial and can effectively curb the activities of acne-causing bacteria and fungi on the surface of your skin. Moreover, it will aid in alleviating any irritation, redness itching, or inflammation caused due to pimples or breakouts.
Furthermore, aloe gel is extremely nourishing and hydrating to the skin. That is because it is mostly made up of water and essential compounds for your body. This miracle gel is known to speed up skin healing and regeneration. Thus, it will also help fade acne scars and other blemishes to make your skin clear and beautiful. Its humectant properties help attract and seal moisture into your skin to keep it supple and fresh.
How to use?:
Use the following remedy to utilize aloe gel directly for the treatment to your cheek acne.
|Aloe vera leaf||1 of it|
|Cotton balls||as needed|
- Firstly, take a succulent aloe vera leaf. Breaking off a fresh leaf from a plant if you have any is the best bet for great results.
- After that, cut the leaf open or squeeze it to extract its gel into a bowl.
- Then, use a cotton ball or swab to apply the gel directly onto your pimples.
- Lastly, leave it on overnight and then rinse it off using cool water. You are done! Repeat this remedy every day to get rid of the pimples on your cheeks rapidly.
Or you can use the following mixture of aloe gel and lemon juice too. This remedy is fast acting and very effective on acne and breakouts.
|Aloe vera gel||1 teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||2 teaspoons|
- Firstly, take a bowl and add 1 tsp of fresh aloe vera gel to it along with 2 tsp of freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- Then, mix both the ingredients together thoroughly by stirring them together.
- After that, apply a thin layer of the hence-obtained mask over your face and cheeks.
- Then, let the mask stay on for about 10 minutes.
- Lastly, rinse the mask off using cool water and you are done! Repeat this remedy once every day to get rid of pimples within a couple of weeks.
You can also use the following rosewater and aloe vera face wash to clear your skin of acne effectively and rapidly.
|Aloe vera gel||2 tablespoons|
|Olive oil||1 teaspoon|
|Tea tree essential oil||2 drops|
- Firstly, take a cup of rosewater in a mixing bowl and add 2 tbsp of aloe vera gel to it.
- Then, mix the two ingredients together to form a face wash. Use this solution to wash your face.
- After that, dab your face dry with a clean towel.
- Then, create a blend of 1 tsp of olive oil with 2 drops of tea tree oil.
- After that, use a cotton ball to soak up this blend and rub it all over your face to apply a thin layer.
- Lastly, let the mixture stay on your face for about 15 to 20 minutes before you wipe it off. You are done! Repeat this remedy daily to get rid of the pimples from your cheeks in no time.
#4. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is produced by fermenting the unfiltered juice from apples. It has various benefits and uses for health. This vinegar is being used more and more every day for its health benefits. It helps lower your blood sugar, aid in your weight loss and even curb the risk of cancer. Moreover, its properties can also help it treat acne and breakouts on your cheeks. Vinegar is known to kill and eradicate many different types of harmful microbes. Hence, it is also capable of eliminating P. acnes bacteria from your skin as well. This particular bacteria is one of the most common and major reasons behind acne and breakouts.
Apple cider vinegar gets its bacteria-killing characteristics from the organic acids it contains. Apple cider vinegar contains acetic, citric, lactic and succinic acid within it. All of these organic acids have been shown to kill off acne-causing bacteria to curb breakouts. Furthermore, this vinegar can aid in suppressing inflammation from pimples which will curb the risk of breakouts and help prevent scarring or blemishes. The lactic acid in ACV can improve the texture, pigmentation, and appearance of the skin plagued by acne and acne scars.
How to use?:
Use the following recipe to utilize diluted Apple cider vinegar for the treatment of the pimples on your cheeks.
|Apple cider vinegar||2 teaspoon|
|Cotton balls||as needed|
- Firstly, take a bowl and add a quarter cup of water to it.
- After that, add in 2 tsp of apple cider vinegar to the water to dilute it.
- Then, combine the two together well by stirring.
- After that, take a cotton ball and soak it in the solution for a few minutes.
- Then, squeeze out the excess solution from the cotton ball and then dab it onto the pimples on your cheeks gently for a couple of minutes.
- Lastly, wash your face with warm water and then dab it dry with a clean towel. You are done! Repeat this remedy twice every day to get rid of acne from your cheeks rapidly.
You can also use ACV by mixing it together with onion juice. Onion juice has potent anti-bacterial properties and sulfur content in it which helps ACV in eradicating harmful bacteria from your skin.
|Apple cider vinegar||1 tablespoon|
|Onion juice||1 tablespoon|
- Firstly, combine equal amounts of apple cider vinegar and fresh onion juice in a bowl.
- Then, apply the hence-obtained mixture onto your cheeks using a cotton bowl dipped in the solution.
- Lastly, let the solution stay on your cheeks for a few minutes and then pat your face dry and then wash it with lukewarm water followed by cold water. You are done! Use this remedy every morning regularly to remove pimples hurriedly.
Use the following mixture of ACV and honey to get rid of acne while also healing its scarring and blemishes.
|Apple cider vinegar||2 tablespoons|
- Firstly, take about 2/3 cup of water in a bowl and mix in 2 tbsp of honey in it.
- After that, add 2 tbsp of apple cider vinegar to the bowl and mix it in well too.
- Then, take a clean cotton ball and use it to dab the mixture directly over your pimples and problem areas of skin.
- Lastly, leave the mixture on your face for about 45 minutes before rinsing it off with lukewarm water. Apply a gentle moisturizer afterward and you are done! Use this remedy regularly to swiftly get rid of your acne and curb breakouts.
#5. Baking Soda
Baking soda is a regular and common fixture in kitchens all over the world. It is used in making delicious and varied food dishes in a wide-ranging set of cuisines. Mostly, it is used for making baked goods and desserts like cake, bread, etc. However, baking soda also has many benefits for skin care and will assist you in eliminating pesky pimples from your cheeks. It is great for treating pimples and works fine on sensitive skin as well. Sodium bicarbonate is the chemical name of baking soda and it has strong exfoliating properties for the skin. It will open up your pores by unclogging them from dead skin cells, excess sebum, dirt, and other impurities. Hence, it will suppress the risk of acne and breakouts.
Moreover, it is alkaline in nature and will help balance the pH levels of your skin. Furthermore, it also has potent antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties to kill off any acne-causing and harmful bacteria on your skin. It will even lighten your skin and help fade scars and blemishes along with drying up your pimples overnight. It can soothe any inflammation or irritation as well.
How to use?:
Use the following simple and straightforward baking soda face wash to cleanse your skin and get rid of the pimples from your cheeks.
|Baking soda||1 tablespoon|
- Firstly, form a paste by combining 1 tbsp of baking soda with a couple of tbsp of pure distilled water.
- After that, massage the resultant paste onto your cheeks and problems area of skin for a couple of minutes.
- Lastly, leave it on for a few minutes before you rinse it off using cool water. You are done! Finish with a mild moisturizer. Repeat this remedy regularly if you want to quickly be free from acne.
Or, you can use the following baking soda, rosewater and lemon juice remedy to get rid pimple effectively and efficiently, using simple ingredients.
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
- Firstly, take a mixing bowl and add 1 tsp each of baking soda, rosewater, and lemon juice to it.
- Then, combine the ingredients together thoroughly by stirring them together. You should get a smooth and consistent paste.
- After that, apply the paste onto your cheeks and other affected areas of your skin.
- Lastly, leave the paste on your cheeks for about 10 minutes before rinsing it off with cool water. Finish with a moisturizer and you are done! Reuse this remedy twice every week to be done with acne and breakouts for good.
You can also create the following baking soda and oatmeal scrub to help fade your acne and scarring. According to a report by The Indian Journal of Dermatology, Venereology, and Leprology, oatmeal has various antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties and it can help treat acne and many other skin issues.
|Baking soda||1 teaspoon|
|Warm water||as needed|
- Firstly, take a mixing bowl and 1 tsp of baking soda to it along with 2 tsp of oatmeal. Mix them together well.
- After that, mix in some water to the bowl. Add in water until you can get a smooth and consistent paste.
- Then, gently rub and massage the resultant mixture onto your cheeks and other problem areas of your skin.
- Lastly, leave the scrub on your face for about 20 minutes before rinsing it off using warm water. Afterward, pat your face dry with a clean towel and then moisturize. You are done!
#6. Egg White
Eggs are one of the most common sources of nourishment in the world. Millions of citizen of earth depend on this nutritious and filling food to get through their days. The egg contains so many essential nutrients that it can also be useful for your skin’s health when used topically. Egg white is almost completely made up of proteins. It helps in clearing out any excess sebum from the pores. Hence, it can effectively cleanse your pores to curb the risk of pimples forming and acne breakouts. The tons of proteins in the whites are great for skin cells. They are great for fading any scarring it promotes and stimulates skin regeneration. The enzymes present in egg whites maintain the amount of sebum in your skin to keep it fresh and healthy. Hence, it discourages the growth and accumulation of acne-causing bacteria and fungi on your skin and pores.
Ultimately, egg whites are terrific for cleansing your skin of dirt, excess oils, dead skin cells, and any other impurities. Moreover, it will dry out the pimples on your cheek and make your skin firm and vibrant.
How to use?:
To use egg whites for pimple treatment, follow the upcoming steps to utilize egg white for remedying your acne and breakouts. This simple and easy remedy will just use egg whites so you won’t need much at all.
|Cotton swab||as needed|
- Firstly, crack open an egg and then separate the yolk from the whites.
- After that, apply the egg white all over your face gently or use a cotton swab to dab it onto your pimples and other problem areas of your skin.
- Lastly, leave the whites on your skin overnight and then rinse it off in the morning using cool water. You are done! This remedy is simple and straightforward but still highly effective. So, use it regularly to rapidly get rid of your pimples and breakouts.
You can also use the following remedy to effectively and efficiently get rid of pimples and breakouts on your cheeks. This recipe also employs turmeric and lemon juice, two ingredients which crack down on pimples and breakouts hard.
|Lemon juice||1/2 teaspoon|
|Turmeric powder||1/3 teaspoon|
- Firstly, crack open an egg and separate the whites from the yolk.
- After that, take the whites in a mixing bowl and whisk it until it becomes frothy.
- Then, add in half tsp of lemon juice and a third tsp of turmeric powder to the bowl.
- After that, combine all the ingredients together thoroughly until you get a smooth and consistent paste.
- Then, apply the paste all over your face and cheeks. Make sure to cover all your acne fully.
- After that, let the mask sit on your face for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Lastly, loosen the mask using warm water and then rinse it off using cold water. Pat your face dry with a clean towel afterward. You are done! Use this remedy to quickly get rid of pimples on your cheek while also improving your skin’s complexion and health too.
You can also use the following scrub recipe to exfoliate your skin efficiently to treat your skin and free it from acne and scars.
|Distilled water||as required|
- Firstly, crack open an egg and then separate the egg whites from the yolk. Also, you will need grounded oatmeal and rice. So, grind them into powder if you don’t have that.
- After that, add 2 tbsp each of ground oatmeal and rice into the bowl along with the egg whites from an egg.
- Then, combine the ingredients together by stirring them thoroughly. You should obtain a thick paste-like consistency. Add distilled water to adjust its consistency until you get the desired state.
- After that, wash and cleanse your face first and then apply the mask evenly over your cheeks and face by using gentle circular massaging motions.
- Lastly, leave the mask on for about 15 to 20 minutes before rinsing it off with water. You are done!
Papaya is quite a popular fruit among the masses due to its sweet and juicy taste. Moreover, it also has many beneficial effects on your skin as well. Papayas are a rich source of alpha hydroxyl acids. These compounds clean out dead skin cells from your skin and stimulate cell regeneration to provide you with a fresh and younger looking skin. Papaya will also draw out excess sebum from your pores to give you a clean, smooth and fresh look. Vitamin A is also present in ample quantities in the papaya. This vitamin is crucial for the health of your skin and it protects your skin from problems like pimples and breakouts too.
If you eat plenty of papayas when it is in season, you would be able to notice its beneficial effects on your skin. It will impart a glow to your skin while making it brighter and softer and more supple. Papaya contains antioxidants and the compound lycopene which help protect the skin from the pimple-causing free radicals. Papaya also carries two enzymes called chymopapain and papain. These two enzymes have strong antibacterial, antifungal, and antiviral characteristics which exfoliate your skin. Hence, they unclog pores while also providing the essential proteins to the skin which resist the formation of pimples. Furthermore, it has beta-carotene in it which aids in the formation of new healthy skin cells. Thus it diminishes the presence of blemishes, scars, and dark spots.
How to use?:
You can consume papaya as a fruit to obtain its benefits for skin and acne. Otherwise, you can also utilize any one of the following remedies to quickly and efficiently get rid of pimples from your cheeks.
- Firstly, take papaya and cut off some medium sized pieces from it.
- After that, put the papaya pieces in the blender and turn it on to form a sort of a paste.
- Then, apply the resultant pulpy paste all over your cheeks and face. Use gentle circular massaging motions for this purpose.
- Lastly, let the paste sit on your face for about half an hour before you rinse it off using warm water. You are done!
You can also utilize the following face mask to curb your pimples and breakouts quickly while also nourishing and treating your skin.
|Orange juice||1 tablespoon|
- Firstly, take a few freshly cut pieces of papaya and add them into a blender.
- Also, add 1 tbsp each of pure organic honey and orange juice to the bowl.
- Then, turn on the blender to combine all the ingredients together into a smooth paste.
- After that, apply the hence-obtained paste all over your cheeks and face. Use gentle and circular massaging motions for this purpose.
- Lastly, let the paste sit on your face for about 30 minutes before washing it off using warm water. You are done!
Aspirin is a common medication which is generally and commonly used to treat mild headaches. However, it can also be utilized to get rid of pimples fast. Aspirin gets its pimple eradicating properties from Salicylic acid. This acid is great for treating acne and breakouts as it dries out your pimples and zits. It helps to correct the abnormal and excessive shedding of dead skin cells. Hence, it unclogs and cleans out your pores to prevent the formation of pimples and breakouts. Salicylic acid also has strong anti-inflammatory properties. So, it will soothe any irritation or inflammation caused due to pimples and breakouts.
How to use?:
|Aspirin tablets||1 of it|
|Distilled water||as needed|
- Firstly, take an aspirin tablet and crush it to obtain its powdered form.
- After that, add a few drops of pure distilled water to the powder to form a smooth paste.
- Then, apply the paste onto the pimples on your cheeks as a spot treatment.
- Lastly, leave your face as is for about 40 to 60 minutes before you wash it. You are done! Use this remedy whenever you are facing pimples and do not want to. Just be careful not to overuse this remedy if you have dry skin as aspirin can dry out your skin significantly.
Cucumber is highly hydrating and cooling vegetable for the body. It is mostly made up of water hence it also moisturizes your skin very well to keep it hydrated and nourished for longer. It also has potent anti-oxidative properties so it will help fight against acne-causing free radicals. Its natural cooling and anti-inflammatory properties will soothe any inflammation, irritation or redness caused due to acne and pimples. Moreover, its exfoliating effects will help cleanse the pores and skin to prevent pimples and breakouts. Cucumber’s pH level is the same as that of the skin so that will help maintain your skin’s health by keeping its pH levels balanced. Ultimately, cucumber is a fantastically soothing and cooling ingredient and works as a natural skin cleanser, toner, and moisturizer.
Furthermore, cucumber acts as an astringent. Consequently, it will lighten the appearance of your pimples and help fade scars and blemishes. Cucumber juice is known to open pores to help cleanse and unclog them from any dirt, oils, and bacteria to curb the risk of pimples and breakouts. Moreover, cucumber contains many essential minerals like calcium, potassium, phosphorus, magnesium, vitamins A, C & E, and amino acids that keep the skin healthy and firm. The silica content of cucumber helps to maintain the skin tone and provide anti-aging, anti-wrinkle and anti-acne properties and clears out toxins, dirt, and impurities from the skin and pores.
How to use?:
You can directly use cucumber juice on your pimples as a spot treatment to quickly get rid of pimples, just like all other ingredients on this list.
|Cucumber||1 of it|
- Firstly, take a cucumber and then grate to get a pulpy paste of it.
- After that, apply the cucumber pulp all over your cheeks and other problem areas or the skin. Use gentle circular massaging motions for this purpose.
- Lastly, leave it on your face and cheeks for about 15 to 30 minutes before you rinse it off using lukewarm water. You are done! Use this remedy regularly if you are being plagued by a constant outbreak of pimples on your cheeks. You can even use this remedy up to 2 or 3 times per day. Cool your cucumber first by keeping it in the fridge to add extra cooling and soothing effects to this remedy.
Or, you can also utilize the following cucumber, banana, and papaya fruit face mask to effectively fight acne. Moreover, this face mask will hydrate your skin fantastically while also lightening and tightening it to give it a fresh young look. It will even help fade wrinkles and fine lines.
|Cucumber||1/4 of it|
|Papaya||1/4 of it|
|Banana||1/2 of it|
- Firstly, take all the three fruits and then peel them and add them into a blender.
- After that, turn on the blender to combine all the ingredients together. Make sure you get a puree-like mixture.
- Then, apply the mixture all over your cheeks and acne. Use gentle massaging motions for this purpose.
- After that, leave the mask on your face and cheeks for about 15 minutes before you use warm water to loosen the face mask.
- Lastly, wash the mask off using cool water and then pat your face dry with a clean towel. You are done!
You can also use the following terrific face wash to get rid of your cheek acne while also treating and nourishing your skin.
|Tomato juice||2 teaspoon|
|Sandalwood powder||2 tablespoon|
- Firstly, take a small cucumber and make a puree out of it by grating it well. Take this puree in a bowl.
- After that, add 2 tsp of fresh tomato juice and 2 tbsp of sandalwood powder to the mixing bowl.
- Then, combine all the ingredients together thoroughly by stirring and mixing them together.
- After that, apply the mask onto your cheeks and affected areas of skin and then leave it on until it dries completely.
- Lastly, rinse off the mask using warm water and pat your cheeks and face dry and then finish with a moisturizer. You are done! Follow this procedure regularly if you wish to eliminate your pimples rapidly.
People believe that applying toothpaste over your pimples will help dry them out and cure them. It is a common home remedy and you are sure to hear that from someone if you are suffering from pimples and breakouts. However, it is not a myth and there is truth behind using toothpaste to combat pimples. You just have to take care of one thing that you use white normal toothpaste and not any gel, sensitivity, or any other ones. Toothpaste gets is pimple-curing properties as it generally contains baking soda in it. That helps to dry up excess sebum in skin pores and eliminate acne-causing harmful bacteria and microbes. It also contains anti-bacterial agents in it to eradicate any harmful bacteria which may lead to infection or acne. Also, it contains the clotting agent, which helps curb swelling and redness caused due to acne.
The baking soda in it also exfoliates your skin to remove dirt, impurities, and excess oils from it. Moreover, it helps in balancing the pH levels of your skin to keep it healthy and any harmful microbes off of it. Consequently, toothpaste will dry out your pimples effectively and calm any swelling or redness associated with them too. Toothpaste also contains silica which aids in drying out the pimples and reducing its irritation and redness. It can even eliminate pimple in a single day sometimes. Some toothpaste also contains sodium lauryl sulfate which is a foaming agent that will clean and further dry out the skin to help remedy acne and breakouts.
How to use?:
Using toothpaste for the treatment of pimples is easy and straightforward. You do not need to do anything fancy. You just have to use a dollop of paste and use it as a spot treatment on your pimples to dry them out and cure them.
|Toothpaste||a normal one|
- Firstly, take a little dollop of toothpaste out onto your fingertip.
- Then, apply the toothpaste onto your pimples as a spot treatment. Ensure that you cover your pimples fully and completely.
- Lastly, leave the paste on your cheeks and pimples overnight or at least until it dries fully. Then, rinse it off using cool water and finish with a moisturizer. You are done! Use this remedy whenever you are facing a pimple and just want it to go away.
Garlic is a common ingredient in the kitchens all over the world to add some flavours and health benefits to the food dishes. It has also been used for medicinal and curative purposes for centuries now. It is quite strong and may have a slightly unappealing smell but it is one of the most effective natural remedies for acne around. Garlic contains a compound called allicin in it. Allicin provides antibacterial, antifungal, antiviral, and antiseptic properties to the garlic. Hence, it can easily kill off acne-causing bacteria and any other harmful microbes on the surface of your skin. Furthermore, garlic will help curb swelling and inflammation due to pimples and enhance blood circulation in your skin because of its potent anti-inflammatory properties.
How to use?:
You can utilize garlic to treat your pimples by just using a clove of it. To do that, just take a garlic clove and make a thin slice towards one of its ends. Then rub the cut open part on your pimple to cure it rapidly. Your pimples will disappear very quickly and you may not even see it the next day! Or, you can use the following simple and straightforward remedy to fight acne and breakouts if you are fed up with their amount.
|Garlic Cloves||3 or 4 of them|
|Lukewarm water||as needed|
- Firstly, take a few garlic cloves and peel them and then mash them to form a paste.
- After that, apply the garlic paste onto cheeks, acne and other affected areas of your skin.
- Then, let the paste stay on your face for about 15 minutes.
- Lastly, rinse the paste off of your face using lukewarm water. Finish by applying a moisturizer afterward and you are done! Repeat this simple and easy remedy whenever you need to eradicate pimples from your cheeks.
You can also use the following garlic based face mask to eliminate any acne and breakouts on your cheeks or skin. This face mask is fine for all skin types and will make your skin smoother, cleaner and clearer along with treating your pimples.
|Garlic Cloves||3 of them|
|White clay||2 tablespoons|
- Firstly, mash the garlic cloves using a spoon or mortar and pestle to get a thick and juicy paste.
- After that, take the mashed garlic paste in a mixing bowl and add in 2 tbsp of white clay along with 3 tbsp of honey with it.
- Then, mix the ingredients together thoroughly.
- After that, add a bit of rosewater to the mixture to adjust its consistency to obtain a smooth and creamy paste.
- Then, apply the paste onto your cheeks and pimples in the night before you are about to go to bed.
- Lastly, leave the mask on your cheeks and face for about 15 to 20 minutes before washing it off using cold water. Finish with a moisturizer and you are done! Repeat this remedy 2 to 3 times per week to eliminate your pimples fast.
How to Get Rid of Acne on Cheeks in 1 Week
- Alter your diet: You should stop or reduce the number of foods which cause acne if you are suffering from excessive breakouts. Reduce the amount of dairy, carbs, and sugars in your diet as they are the worst culprits in the formation of pimples.
- Do not pop or pick at your pimples: Avoid touching your face as much you can and do not pick on or pop any pimples on your skin. This will only make them go away temporarily as more often then not you will another pimple nearby the previous one.
- Keep your skin fresh and balanced: Keep the oils in your skin balanced if you want to avoid acne and breakouts. Do not use products rich in oils if you have excessively oily skin.
- Use over the counter anti-acne medication: You can use chemical products like Benzoyl peroxide or Salicylic acid to eliminate your pimples fast.
- Use natural ingredients and remedies: All the above-mentioned natural home remedies are highly effective in clearing pimples and breakouts from your skin. Moreover, they are not harsh on your skin and will even nourish and condition it.
- Stop smoking: Smoking is extremely injurious to health and can even have fatal effects. It will absolutely destroy your skin’s health which will lead to more acne and breakouts. Stop or restrain your smoking habit to promote better health and wellness of your whole body.
- Curb your stress: Excessive stress can lead to acne and breakouts so try to keep your stress levels as low as you can. Perform stress-busting activities like meditation or aromatherapy.
- Take care of your skin: Just keep an eye on your skin’s health and condition and follow healthy skin care routines. Do not over-exfoliate or exfoliate too harshly.
You might find this article interesting Super-Effective Natural Ways To Remove Acne Scars Using Nutmeg
This article has been medically reviewed by Dr.Nagakeerthana S, MD (Dermatology) on 17/4/2019