How to Naturally Lighten your Hair at Home
Changing hairstyles and hair colours is one way a woman expresses herself. Doing this on a regular basis can have a negative impact on the hair and also on the pocket. ‘Getting your hair fixed’ can turn out to be a very expensive affair, especially if one relies completely on the professionals. Apart from expenses, the hair loses its natural glow and health due to the harsh chemicals present in the commercial products. For those who prefer using hair dyes at home, lightening the hair can be another hurdle to pass, with one issue being the health of the hair and the other being proper care of oneself while doing it all by themselves. The following are ways to lighten the hair using natural items that are found at home…
1. Honey and Olive Oil
- Honey – ¼ Cup
- Olive Oil – ¼ Cup
- Mix the honey and olive oil in a bowl very well so that both the ingredients get combined properly.
- Apply this mix on parts of the hair that you feel require lightening.
- Leave it on for 45 minutes to an hour.
- 5 minutes before washing, nicely rub the areas where the mix is applied and make sure the tips are covered well.
- Wash it properly and make sure the oil is completely removed.
- Repeat this process once a week until the desired results are obtained.
2. Baking Soda
- Baking soda – ½ Cup
- Warm Water – ½ Cup
- Combine the baking soda and warm water and mix it well till a smooth paste is formed.
- Apply this paste on the hair and leave it on for 20 minutes.
- Keep checking the hair to see if it is getting the desired lightening effects. If there is no colour change in 20 minutes, leave it on for a bit longer till the change in colour is satisfactory.
- Rinse the baking soda off with water.
- Wash the hair using a sulphate-free shampoo and conditioner.
- Repeat this process once a week until desired results are obtained.
3. Lime Juice
- Lime Juice – ¼ Cup
- Water – 2 Cups
- Mix the 2 ingredients well so that both are well incorporated.
- Damp the hair and massage the mixture well on the required area of the hair.
- Leave it on for 10 minutes and then rinse it with water.
- Repeat this process once or twice a week to get the desired results.
4. Apple Cider Vinegar
- Boiled water – 2 Cups
- Apple Cider Vinegar – 2 Tablespoons
- While the water is boiling, add the apple cider vinegar to the pot.
- Allow it to steep for 15 minutes and then take it off the heat.
- Let it cool down completely.
- After washing the hair with shampoo, pour the mixture on the area of the hair that needs to be lightened.
Tip for Apple Cider Vinegar
Be careful when handling this vinegar because it may cause the skin or eyes to burn.
It is advisable to do a patch test on a certain section of the hair before going ahead with the treatment, in order to eliminate the possibility of having negative effects of any the specific ingredients on the hair.
Latest posts by Arushi Phakey (see all)
- Top 5 DIY Nourishing Protein Hair Mask - May 31, 2019
- Remove Wrinkles on Face Permanently with this Natural Pack - May 21, 2019
- Use it for just a few Nights and Get Spot Free Glowing Skin - May 19, 2019