How To Pick Between Clay And Mud Masks For Oily Skin
When it comes to taking care of our skin, we have so many options to choose from. Many home remedies have different types of ingredients, and at times it gets tough to understand what works best for our skin. Face masks are one of such remedies. They are not only good for skin but also feel really good as a self-care remedy. However, with an abundance of such ideas, how do you select the perfect one? Let us solve your doubts, and help you out between two of them, Mud and clay masks.
Mud masks have many benefits for the skin such as:
- Hydrating: It works to heal your dull skin by hydrating and helping it get a natural glow.
- Cleansing: Mud masks deeply cleanse your skin. It can absorb excess oil and remove impurities. Regular usage of mud masks can avoid forming blemishes and give you an even skin tone.
- Moisturizing: It sure cleanses your skin but in a gentle way. It keeps up its moisture content and it makes the skin look brighter.
- Repairing: Along with that, it also helps to repair the skin cells which improves the elasticity of your skin.
- Improved blood circulation: It also creates a healthy blood circulation that can leave your skin glowing.
Mud masks are very beneficial for people with less to medium oily skin. This is because it does not make the skin dry, rather hydrates it. Here’s one remedy that will be helpful to you if you’re planning to use a mud mask.
- Fuller’s Earth: 2 tablespoon
- Rosewater: 1 tablespoon
- Lemon juice: 1/2 tablespoon
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl.
- Make a fine paste that is free of lumps.
- Apply a nice coat of this mud mask on your face.
- Leave it on until it dries.
- Wash with warm water.
- Use mud masks once a week for healthy skin.
Benefits of clay masks:
- Removes excess oil: Clay masks work best to soak up excess oil and make your oily skin drier.
- Prevents acne: Since excess oil is responsible for most acne breakouts, using clay masks can also be helpful in keeping these at bay.
- Tightens the skin: Clay masks not only remove impurities from the skin pores but also helps shrink them. This makes the skin tighter and also makes it look younger.
- High in nutrients: Clay has many nutrients that can get easily absorbed in your skin via the mask. This makes the skin healthy.
Clay masks are great for people whose skin is very oily and prone to acne. Here’s a remedy to help you out.
- Bentonite clay: 1 tablespoon
- Ground oats: 1 tablespoon
- Distilled Water: As needed
- Mix all the ingredients in a small bowl. Do not use a metal bowl for this.
- Add enough water so that the mask becomes easy to apply.
- Apply on your face and leave it on for 15-20 minutes.
- Wash it off with warm water and pat dry.
- Use clay mask once every fifteen days.
Hence, both clay and mud masks have great properties which are helpful for oily skin, so depending on the degree of oiliness & vulnerability to acne of your skin you should choose one of these accordingly.
Latest posts by Manisha Joshi (see all)
- How To Pick Between Clay And Mud Masks For Oily Skin - May 14, 2019
- How To Remove Pimples Overnight - May 10, 2019
- Get A Healthy Glowing Skin With These 5 Easy and Proven Home Remedies - April 12, 2019