How to Prevent Tartar Buildup, Whiten Teeth, and Avoid Tooth Decay In 5 Steps
“Behind every smile, there’s teeth.” As the saying goes, it is very important for each one of us to take proper care of our teeth and maintain its health regularly. But then, this literally becomes a great difficult one when we have a lot of ways by which our tooth can be affected and prone to many of the infections and diseases. In this article, you will see certain steps that could help in whitening your teeth and prevent it from the issues like tartar buildup and tooth decays.
There are a few simple steps which could be followed easily to prevent the tartar buildup, tooth decay and to whiten teeth. Following are the most effective 5 steps to obtain bright and healthy tooth:
Step 1: Follow Proper Brushing Technique
Following the improper brushing techniques regularly can literally damage your teeth and lead a way for the tartar buildup and tooth decay. So, to prevent this you have to make sure whether you follow the proper brushing techniques. Here, I have given a few tips that could help you to brush your teeth properly:
- Always prefer using a toothbrush which has soft bristles on it.
- You should always start your brushing from the upper portion of your teeth. Place your toothbrush on top of the upper gum line and slowly move it in the downwards direction towards the lower portion of your teeth.
- Do not brush your teeth in the backward direction after this.
- Follow the same process for a couple of times to remove all the buildups and the other impurities on your teeth.
- Also, you should always make sure that you brush your teeth gently and not harshly. This is because when you brush harshly, there are many chances for your gums to get hurt and bleeding, inflammations might occur.
- You should always have the habit of brushing your teeth twice a day regularly.
- After brushing, you should floss your mouth well with a sufficient amount of water for a couple of times to remove all the impurities.
Step 2: Try Coconut Oil Pulling
Coconut oil is known to be the best ingredient that could solve many of our health issues. There are a lot of antibacterial and antimicrobial properties hidden within the coconut oil. So, these properties will inhibit the growth of such infectious agents which could cause buildups and decay in our teeth. Also, it makes your teeth to appear bright and white. You can follow the coconut oil pulling method regularly for about 10 days to get some effective and visible results on your teeth. Following are the steps that could guide you to do the coconut oil pulling.
|Extra Virgin Coconut oil||1 tbsp|
How To Do?
- Take about 1 tbsp of extra virgin coconut oil and pour it inside your mouth.
- Then start to swish the coconut oil around in your mouth for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- As you start swishing more, you can notice the oil becoming foamier.
- Then spit the oil down and rinse your mouth well with water.
- Make sure that you do not swallow the oil when it is inside.
- After this, you can do your regular brushing.
When To Do?
- In empty stomach after waking up in the morning before brushing.
- Before going to bed before brushing.
Step 3: Start Brushing With Baking Soda
Baking soda is known to contain a lot of antibacterial and antimicrobial properties in it. These properties could effectively help in preventing our tooth from such tartar buildups and decay. Also, they offer a bleaching effect on your teeth after using them. It is also very effective in the prevention of periodontal diseases from affecting our teeth. Following are the steps to use the baking soda on your teeth for brushing.
|Baking soda||1 tbsp|
|Sea salt||one pinch|
How To Do?
- Firstly, you should wet your toothbrush.
- Then put the baking soda and a pinch of salt in the same bowl.
- Now mix both the ingredients well and dip the wet toothbrush into the bowl.
- Then start brushing your teeth for about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Once brushing is done, you can spit and rinse your mouth with water.
- Every alternate day when you have the tartar build-up.
- Once in a week when you wanted to prevent the build-ups and make your teeth whiten.
Step 4: Consume More Green Tea
Many of the recent studies have proved that people who consume more green tea regularly tend to have stronger, healthy gums and teeth. The nutritional benefits and the anti-cavity properties present in green tea could play a vital role in protecting the enamel of our teeth from getting eroded. Also, it inhibits the plague, cavities and any buildup formations in our teeth which could be very helpful in maintaining its health. It is also observed that the existing plaque present in your teeth can also be removed with the green tea. It prevents the discoloration of your teeth and helps in maintaining the white color on it.
Step 5: Stay Way From Tobacco
Offering a proper blood supply to all the parts of our body is very essential to maintain its health. When this gets improper, then it would literally affect the health of that particular part of our body. Smoking cigarettes regularly is known to stop the blood supply to your gums. So, this will, in turn, make your teeth and gums to be unhealthy and prone to infections and diseases. It also leads to the discoloration of your teeth. The toxic compounds present in the tobacco would get deposited on your teeth when you chew it. So, this will eventually lead to the tartar buildups and tooth decay. So, you should strictly avoid and stay away from all the tobacco products.
Latest posts by Tharaa Nagendran (see all)
- Try Fairness With Rice Powder OR Skin Whitening With Rice Powder - July 12, 2019
- 7 Ways To Manage the Stress That’s Aging Your Skin - July 12, 2019
- How to Prevent Tartar Buildup, Whiten Teeth, and Avoid Tooth Decay In 5 Steps - July 12, 2019