How to Remove Dark Patches and Spots from your Face
The sudden formation of dark patches and spots on the skin is due to several factors. They include exposure to the sun, inflammation, change in hormone levels, consumption of chemical medications, health-related problems such as kidney or liver diseases or even ageing. Don’t panic if you find any dark patches or spots in your skin – here are some simple home remedies which are effective to cure these common skin issues…
1. Lemon Juice
Lemon is considered as a rich source of Vitamin C which can be used to remove dark spots from your face.
- Lemon – 1
- Filtered water
- Cotton balls
- Squeeze the lemon juice into a bowl and add an equal amount of filtered water in it.
- Take a cotton ball and dip into the bowl to apply the diluted lemon juice all over your face.
- Wash your face with water after allowing it to dry for about half an hour. (Avoid using soap to wash)
- Follow this method every alternate day to get better results. Always use freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- Don’t follow this method if you have enlarged pores or lesions in the skin as this citric acid can further affect the skin due to its acidic nature.
Potato is capable to remove dead cells from your skin and can stimulate the growth of new cells. It also consists of Vitamin B6, potassium and zinc which are useful in removing the dark patches from the skin.
- Potato – 1
- Cut the potato into thin slices.
- Apply a few droplets of water on the slices and keep them on the dark spots on the face.
- Remove the slices from your face after 10 minutes.
- This easy method can be followed daily.
- These potato slices can also be used along with both lemon juice and honey.
Similar to citric acid in lemon, the presence of lactic acid in Buttermilk helps in the removal of dead cells from the skin and fading the dark spots.
- Cotton balls
- Take a considerable amount of buttermilk in a bowl.
- Dip the cotton ball directly into the buttermilk and apply it in the face.
- Wash off your face with clean water after 20 minutes.
Adequate care should be taken while applying the buttermilk under the eye as it may cause irritation due to the presence of lactic acid. Buttermilk can also be used along with Tomato juice or honey. You can follow this method daily or every alternate day.
4. Aloe vera
This plant has anti-ageing and skin nourishing properties. It can remove dark spots, sunburns and moisturize the skin due to the presence of Aminoacids and Vitamins in it.
- Aloe vera leaf – 1
- Remove the rough outer layer of the aloe vera leaf and squeeze the gel out of the leaf.
- Apply the gel directly on the skin and allow it to dry for 20 minutes.
- Wash your face with clean water.
- This remedy could be followed every day.
- This gel can also be used along with lemon juice and honey or sugar.
Latest posts by Indhumathi S (see all)
- This Homemade potato facial mask will remove dark spots in three nights - June 3, 2019
- Top 3 Effective tips to reduce Facial Hair naturally - May 20, 2019
- Egg Face Pack for Skin Whitening – How to make at Home - May 17, 2019