How to Stop Grey Hairs Naturally and Turn them Black Again
Grey hair is considered as the sign of wisdom and usually make feel people mature about themselves. But there’s nothing more annoying when you see your first grey hair when you’re not even in your 30s yet. There are a number of reasons nowadays that can be a cause of getting grey hair prematurely. Today’s modern lifestyle, stress, pollution are some of the reasons for grey hair. Other than that, grey hair can also be caused by genetics, hormonal imbalance, deficiency of melanin and many more. You can prevent grey hair to occur prematurely and turn them black again using certain natural remedies. Here are some home remedies which will help you with that.
Curry leaves solve one major cause of greying hair, lack of melanin. It boosts and restores the melanin pigment in hair follicles. Besides, it is also a major source of Vitamin B, which makes the hair healthy.
- Curry Leaves: Handful
- Coconut Oil: 3 tablespoons
- Boil the curry leaves with the coconut oil.
- Set the oil aside and let it cool.
- Once done, strain the oil and start massaging it into your scalp.
- Start from the root of your hairs and go through the length.
- Do this for about 15 minutes.
- Leave for 30 minutes or overnight.
- Wash with a mild shampoo.
- Repeat 2-3 times a week.
Amla, or Indian Gooseberry is a natural hair tonic that helps in repairing damaged hair. It also is a rich source of Vitamin C that has anti-aging benefits. It nourishes your hair and gives it a natural black shine.
- Amla: 2-3, dried
- Almond oil: 1 cup
- Lemon Juice: 2-3 drops
- Grind the dried gooseberries to make a powder.
- Mix the lemon juice and almond oil with amla powder.
- Apply this mixture on to your scalp and leave it overnight.
- Wash the next day with a mild shampoo.
- Repeat this process for 2-3 times a week.
Coconut oil and Lemon Juice
Lemon juice helps maintain the pigments in your hair follicles as it is packed with Vitamin B and Vitamin C. Coconut oil, on the other hand, is very effective in nourishing and providing the hair what it needs.
- Coconut oil: 3 tablespoons
- Lemon Juice: 2 tablespoons
- Mix the lemon juice and coconut oil and heat it for a few seconds until it gets warm.
- Massage from the root to tip of your hair.
- Leave the mixture on for about 30 minutes.
- Wash with a mild shampoo and apply conditioner.
- Use this mixture twice a week.
Black tea is rich in antioxidants that reduce the growth of grey hair. It also adds a lustrous shine to your hair.
- Black tea: 2 tablespoons
- Water: 1 cup
- Boil the black tea and set it aside to let it cool.
- Once done, strain and keep the liquid.
- Use it massage your hair from tip to scalp.
- Do it for a few minutes then keep it for about an hour.
- Wash with mild shampoo and condition.
- Do this 2-3 times a week.