How to Summer-Proof Your Hair and Keep It Healthy
The summer is considered to be the most exciting as it comes with the fresh fruits and a good time at the beach. We can comfortably come out of the multiple layers of clothes that we were under during winter and have a sense of freedom and dive deep into our icy cool drinks. Along with all these fun and games, the summer heat and humidity are not good for the hair. We need to take good care of our hair and protect it from the harsh UV rays of the sun as well as the excessive heat during the day. The following are ways to keep your hair healthy during summer.
1. Trim your hair
The tips of the hair are prone to excessive damage due to the heat and can result in dryness and split ends which can seep into the rest of the body of hair. To avoid this, getting a cut or a trim is advisable. It allows the hair to grow better and also keep its character intact.
2. Stay clear from Heating
Since the hair is already exposed to so much of the Sun’s heat, it is best to leave the blow dryer or straightener alone during this weather and due to the natural heat in the air, the hair will dry quicker. Blow drying might just make the hair worse.
3. Oil your Hair
Apply either coconut or olive oil on the head and massage the scalp well:
- Nicely massage into the pores and root of the hair and move length-wise till the tip.
- Do this for 15 minutes and leave it on overnight.
- Wash it off the next day, without shampoo and let it stay on for a day. This allows the hair to breathe naturally and not get affected by the weather entirely.
4. Apple cider vinegar as a conditioner
- Apple cider Vinegar – 4 tablespoons
- Cool Water – 2 Cups
- Lavender Oil – 2 drops
- Mix well the apple cider vinegar, water and essential oil in a bowl.
- Store this mix in a bottle.
- Once the hair has been shampooed, take the bottle, lean the head back and pour the mix onto the scalp, allowing it to flow through the length of the hair. Make sure the mix doesn’t get into the eyes.
- Leave it on for 2-3 minutes and then rinse it thoroughly.
5. Hydrate and eat fresh
The weather is so over-powering that it drains one from their regular nutrition and because of this, it is imperative that people constantly drink water or have juicy fresh fruits in order to stay hydrated. The diet can have a direct impact on the health of their hair and skin and this is why one should have a nutritious meal so that we do not have to depend on artificial sources for the basic vitamins and minerals, which may, in turn, also cost more.
These are some of the most important tips when taking care of the hair during the summer months, apart from avoiding direct exposure to sun and heat outdoors, and one should take them seriously to notice quick and efficient results.
Latest posts by Arushi Phakey (see all)
- Top 5 DIY Nourishing Protein Hair Mask - May 31, 2019
- Remove Wrinkles on Face Permanently with this Natural Pack - May 21, 2019
- Use it for just a few Nights and Get Spot Free Glowing Skin - May 19, 2019