How To Unclog Your Pores: The Complete Skin Care Tutorial
The face has a number of pores and due to the weather or sometimes improper maintenance, these pores get filled with dirt and oil and get clogged. This keeps the skin from being able to breathe naturally. The regular facial treatment usually helps get rid of these clogged pores, however, there is a way to save the money that goes into a facial and just unclog those pores at home. There are a number of ways to unclog pores and the most common methods are being listed below.
- Mild Cleanser
- Boiling Distilled Water – 5 Cups
- Wide Mouth Glass Bowl
- Tie the hair up and wash the face with a mild cleanser. Rinse it well.
- Pour the boiling water in the glass bowl.
- Place the face over the bowl and drape the towel over the head so that the steam is trapped inside and compels the pores to open up.
- Continue for 15 minutes and then wash the face with a cleanser and warm water.
- With the help of a cotton ball, lightly apply the vinegar on the face.
- Rinse the vinegar out with warm water and then splash the face with cold water and pat dry.
- Repeat this process twice or thrice a month to clear pores and prevent the pores from getting clogged further.
- Plastic Wrap
- Hot and Damp Washcloths – 2
- Facial Tissue
- Milky Cleanser
- After a long and warm shower, apply the milky cleanser on the face.
- Cover the face with plastic wrap, except the eyes, nostrils and mouth region. Place the 2 washcloths on the face, one on top of the other.
- Leave it on for 5 minutes and then remove the washcloths and plastic wrap.
- Wrap each forefinger with the facial tissue and squeeze out the blackheads. Make sure that these fingers are not too close to one another. They should be wide enough and apply mild pressure, to avoid squeeze marks. If one knows how to, they can use an extraction tool instead of their fingers.
- Once this is done, wipe the skin with the toner and moisturiser.
- Repeat this process any time the pores seem to be getting clogged.
To exfoliate means to remove the dead skin cells. Sometimes that is what clogs the pores. The following are different ways to exfoliate the skin using household items.
- Finely Ground Oatmeal – 2 Tablespoons
- Granulated Sugar – 2 Tablespoons
- Brown Sugar – 2 Tablespoons
- Almond Oil – 1/2 Cup
- Nutmeg – 1 Teaspoon
- In a bowl, mix the ingredients together so that they are properly combined.
- Rinse the face thoroughly and apply this mixture all over the face in a circular motion.
- Leave it on for 10 minutes, rinse it with warm water and then pat dry.
- Repeat this process once in two weeks.
B. Blueberries and Honey
- Blueberries – 1/2 Cup
- Honey – 2 Tablespoons
- Sugar – 1 Tablespoon
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor and blitz it till a smooth paste is formed.
- Wash the face and then apply a generous coat of the mixture on the face, except the eyes region.
- Leave it on for 15 minutes and then rinse it off with warm water.
- Repeat this process 3 or 4 times in a month for the best results.
Latest posts by Arushi Phakey (see all)
- Top 5 DIY Nourishing Protein Hair Mask - May 31, 2019
- Remove Wrinkles on Face Permanently with this Natural Pack - May 21, 2019
- Use it for just a few Nights and Get Spot Free Glowing Skin - May 19, 2019