How to Use Lemongrass to Solve all the Problems of Facial Skin
If you are sick of using the expensive skin care products present in the market which don’t suit your skin type at all then these remedies might just help you to get your skin in order. Lemongrass is a very good ingredient that helps in keeping our skin and body healthy and nourished.
Lemongrass and Honey
- Take a few drops of lemongrass essential oil and add it to a tablespoon of raw honey.
- Add a few more drops of tea tree oil or lavender essential oil and mix the ingredients together to make a smooth gooey paste.
- Wash your face first with warm water to open the pores and then spread this paste all over your face.
- Massage your face for a bit and then leave the paste as it is for about 10-15 minutes.
- Rinse your face with a mild cleanser and water to remove the paste. Pat the face dry with a clean towel.
- Use this paste two to three times a week to make your skin healthy and stop acne or pimples from occurring.
Aloe Vera and Lemongrass
- Extract some pure aloe vera gel from a freshly cut aloe vera leaf and keep it aside in a cup.
- Pour a teaspoon of lemongrass extract in the cup and stir the ingredients to make a homogenous mixture.
- Apply this mixture on your face and massage it properly to spread the paste everywhere covering every pore.
- Let the paste be as it is for about half an hour or so and then wash it off with some water. Follow up with a mild moisturizer.
- Repeat this remedy two to three times a week to get rid of every skin problem no matter what your skin type is.
Baking Soda and Lemongrass
- Put some lemongrass in a blender and grind it to make a pulp.
- Tie this pulp in a cheesecloth and squeeze it to extract the juice in a bowl.
- Take a couple of tablespoons of baking soda and mix enough lemongrass juice in it to make a thick paste.
- Use your fingers to spread this paste on your face. Cover any pimples or black spots if you have them on your face.
- Keep the paste applied for about 20 minutes and then wash it off using lukewarm water.
- Make a big batch of this mixture and use it three to four times a week to make your skin feel younger and refreshed.
- Make a mixture of equal amounts of lemongrass oil, tea tree oil, coconut oil and any other oil according to your skin type.
- Put this oil concoction over a hot water bath so that they all mix together properly.
- Apply this oil mixture on your face after washing it to remove any makeup or dirt buildup.
- Leave the oil applied for a whole night so that the skin gets ample time to absorb the nutrition.
- Wash your face with warm water in the morning and then apply a moisturizer to retain the moisture.
- Do this step every day before going to bed to keep your skin hydrated and fight the signs of ageing.
Latest posts by Sri Krishan Singh (see all)
- Goodbye Grey Hair: Natural Remedies effective For Gray Hair - May 31, 2019
- How to Whiten Teeth Naturally at Home - May 31, 2019
- Whitening Gold Herbal Facial for Glowing Skin At Home - May 22, 2019