How to Use Scrub – Home Remedies, Benefits, Precautions
This article aims to describe how to use scrub that you can make yourself at home to take care of your skin and body. Scrubbing is one of the most important aspects of facial and skincare routine. It opens up the pores of your skin and then seeps inside them to clear out any dust, dirt, makeup, dead skin cells or excess oil stored in the pores. The result gives you a fresh cleaner looking skin which will make you look more attractive.
How To Use Scrub – General Method:
How to use scrub for Skin Health and Beauty
Sea Salt Scrub
Honey and Brown Sugar Scrub
How To Use Scrub – General Method:
Below is the general method of how to use scrub to get a better-looking skin.
- Wash your face with lukewarm water to clean the upper layer of the skin from any dirt or previously applied makeup.
- Apply the scrub of your choice on your face and skin and then massage the area for about 5-7 minutes for exfoliating the skin and allowing the paste to go deep inside the skin pores.
- Wait for about 15-20 minutes so that the scrub works on your skin and gets dried up completely.
- Use lukewarm water along with a clean washcloth to wash off the paste from your face. Follow up with a mild moisturizer.
- Repeat the process whenever your face needs a bit cleaning up.
How to use scrub for Skin, Health and Beauty
- Coffee Beans
- Take a small cup of coffee beans and grind them in a blender to make a coarse powder.
- Add 2 tablespoons of warm milk to the cup of coffee powder and then mix the ingredients together to make a thick grainy paste. You can add more spoons of milk or coffee if the paste is too thick or too runny, respectively.
- Keep the paste aside for a few minutes to allow it to cool down to room temperature.
- Spread this paste on your face and skin using gentle hands and then massage the paste all over the skin to cover all the pores of your skin.
- Leave the paste for about 15-20 minutes until it dries off and settles on your skin.
- Wash off the paste using lukewarm water and a clean washcloth. Try not to rub too hard with the washcloth to remove the coffee. Follow up with a moisturizer or a lotion, especially if you have dry skin.
- Repeat this process 3-4 times a week to get smooth and soft skin.
Coffee is a great exfoliating agent and is used as a primary ingredient in a lot of cosmetic products. Mixing it with milk is one of the best examples of how to use scrub right at home. This grainy paste gets inside the pores of the skin and clears out anything trapped inside it. This makes the pores clean and clear, and the skin smooth. Use this paste regularly to get the best results.
- Lemon Juice
- Blend a handful of oatmeal to get a fine powder.
- Squeeze a lemon and pour a few drops of lemon juice in the powder along with 2 tablespoons of greek yoghurt and then mix the ingredients together to make a dense thick paste.
- Wash your face and skin first with some lukewarm water to open up the pores on your skin and then apply the paste all over it. Spread it evenly on your skin covering the acne and pimples by massaging the paste in a circular motion.
- Allow this paste to work on your skin for about half an hour or so until it dries and soaks up the clogged pores. Try not to touch the paste too much.
- Use lukewarm water infused with lemon juice to clear out the dried paste from your skin and then use a washcloth to pat the skin dry.
- You can apply this paste two to three times a week to get rid of pimples and acne and also prevent them from coming again.
Oatmeal is not only a great breakfast ingredient but also a good beauty agent. Grinding it for a few seconds will give you a nice textured powder which is quite adept in getting inside the pores of the skin and forcing everything out: from acne to dead skin cells to excess oils. This is surely a great way to understand how to use scrub to get beautiful skin.
- Turmeric Powder
- Lemon Juice
- Make a mixture of 1 tablespoon of turmeric powder and a couple of tablespoons of besan in a small cup.
- Add a few drops of freshly squeezed lemon juice to this mixture along with a couple of tablespoons of water. Mix the ingredients together to get a thick grainy paste. Don’t add too much water as it will make the paste runny.
- Apply this paste on your entire face and neck region along with any other areas you want to lighten up. Massage it slowly with your fingers and spread the paste throughout and exfoliate the skin.
- Leave the paste for about 20-25 minutes to allow it to settle down on your skin and form a thin layer.
- Splash some lukewarm water on your face and rub the dried paste to remove it from the face and your skin. Use a clean washcloth to get rid of any remnants of the paste.
- Repeat this process 2-3 times a week to get a brighter looking glowing skin.
Turmeric powder has a great exfoliating ability and has been known for its skin brightening properties. This is a great example of how to use scrub at home to get rid of the dark skin and darker complexion. Use this paste regularly to achieve a lighter complexion of the skin and make it glow.
- Castor Sugar
- Lemon Juice
- Take a tablespoon of lemon juice and mix it with around double the amount of raw organic honey.
- Add 3-4 tablespoons of castor sugar to the mixture and then stir vigorously for a few minutes until the sugar crystals get dissolved a bit and reduced in size. ake sure that the crystals should not be too big and sharp.
- Wash your face with some lukewarm water first to open up the pores and then apply the sugar scrub all over your skin and face. This is another simple way of how to use scrub that you can make at home easily.
- Leave the paste around like that for about half an hour or so to allow it to exfoliate and cleanse your skin and get the pores rid of any dead skin cells or excess oil.
- Wash off the sugar scrub using lukewarm water and a clean washcloth. Try not to rub the skin too harshly as it can scratch the skin.
- Use this scrub three to four times a week to get clean and clear skin.
Sugar crystals are really helpful in clearing up your skin and pores from any debris or dead skin cells and also makeup. An easy to make scrub, using it regularly will make your skin smoother and look more fresh and young. The skin-friendly properties of honey will also help in keeping the skin clean.
Sea Salt Scrub
- Sea Salt
- Coconut Oil
- Olive Oil
- Take a couple of tablespoons of sea salt and add in a tablespoon of coconut oil and a teaspoon of olive oil. Mix the 3 ingredients together to make a slightly coarse and thick paste. You can warm up the oil a bit for better results.
- Apply this mixture on your face and skin, and scrub it in a circular manner to properly cleanse the skin and its pores. Massage the skin gently for about 5 minutes.
- Leave the paste for half an hour until it dries up and creates a thin grainy layer on your skin. Try not to touch the paste too much.
- Wash off the dried paste using lukewarm water and a clean washcloth. Follow up with a mild moisturizer to seal in the moisture of the skin.
- Use this paste 2-3 times a week to improve the health of the skin and make it look cleaner.
Sea Salt is slightly coarser than your regular table salt. This coarse texture allows it to get deep inside the pores of the skin and eradicate anything that has been clogged there. It also stimulates blood flow. This is how to use scrub to pamper the skin at home.
Honey and Brown Sugar Scrub
- Brown Sugar
- Almond Oil
- Take a couple of tablespoons of honey in a microwave-bowl and keep it in a preheated oven for around a minute or so until it melts slightly but doesn’t become too runny.
- Now, add a tablespoon of brown sugar along with a teaspoon of almond oil to the honey and then mix the two ingredients together to make a slightly thick and coarse paste. Make sure that the sugar crystals are not too big and sharp as that would scratch your skin.
- Spread this paste on your face and skin region and massage it gently for about 5-7 minutes so that the paste gets distributed all over equally.
- Allow the paste to cool down and settle on your skin for about half an hour or so. It will form a solid layer and will cover the pores too.
- Take a warm shower to rinse off the paste from your face and your skin and then pat dry using a clean washcloth. You can follow up with a mild moisturizer so that the skin doesn’t get dehydrated or dry.
- Repeat this process 2-3 times a week to get the best results.
Honey is anti-inflammatory and antibiotic in nature which is helpful in keeping proper care of your skin. It will clear up the pores, help get rid of the acne and pimple, give you relief from skin burns and redness and will also make the skin healthier so that it can withstand further damage as well. The sugar act as an excellent natural exfoliator. Use this paste regularly to get a smooth soft and younger looking skin right at home.
Every remedy is incomplete and potentially unsafe without a few precautions and safety measures. There are a lot of ways to talk about how to use scrub to get a better-looking skin in the comfort of staying at your home. So, one must be careful while using these remedies. Here are some precautions that one must follow:
- Consult your doctor or dermatologist before trying any of the remedies on your skin. A professional will properly teach and advise you on how to use a scrub in a safe and fruitful way.
- Ensure that you are not allergic to any of the ingredients being used in any of these DIY scrubs.
- Patience is the key in these kinds of home remedies. You have to understand that the changes won’t happen overnight and make you beautiful having a golden skin as you wake up the next morning. Keep using the remedy regularly without drastic changes in the schedule and you will surely see the results on your own soon.
- Use the remedy which is suitable for your particular skin type. If you don’t know your skin type then go see a doctor for this. Using a scrub which is ideal for dry skin on oily skin can lead to complications and unexpected results.
Although using natural ingredients to make a scrub at home are pretty much harmless, there can be a few side effects for the remedies. Here are some of the side effects that can occur while using a scrub made by you at home:
- Flaky Skin – Using scrub too many times in a week can lead to flaky and damages skin. The skin gets damaged if you use scrub too much or too harshly. Always use the scrub for the specified amount of time a week.
- Redness – If the crystals in the scrub are left too big then it can scratch the upper layer of the skin and leave it slightly burnt, wounded and red.
- Vulnerable Skin – Scrubbing the skin removes the protective barrier of the skin leaving it vulnerable to external damage and accumulation of excess oil or the makeup that you apply. Don’t go overboard with the scrubbing.
You might find this article interesting 5 Simple Homemade Scrubs For All Types Of Skin
Latest posts by Sri Krishan Singh (see all)
- Goodbye Grey Hair: Natural Remedies effective For Gray Hair - May 31, 2019
- How to Whiten Teeth Naturally at Home - May 31, 2019
- Whitening Gold Herbal Facial for Glowing Skin At Home - May 22, 2019