How to use Vicks vaporub for open skin pores
Vicks has always been that go-to product for anything regarding cold, cough or similar symptoms. Every Indian household has the Vicks VapoRub box, without which the house is incomplete. It has a fresh menthol smell that can sometimes be overwhelming. Apart from a cough and cold remedy, it can be used for unclogging pores in the skin. The following are ways to use Vicks as an element in the skincare routine.
- Take small amounts of the Vicks VapoRub and dab it on the affected area.
- Gently massage in circular motion for 3-5 minutes.
- Leave it on overnight.
- Wash it off the next morning with a gentle cleanser.
- Repeat this process daily until a noticeable change appears.
The following are ways in which the key ingredients of Vicks VapoRub along with other household items can be used for open pores.
1. Eucalyptus Oil
This has intense skin cleansing properties that are very helpful for unclogging pores.
- Eucalyptus Oil – 1/2 Tablespoon
- Peppermint Oil – 1/2 Tablespoon
- White Vinegar – 2 Teaspoons
- Bottle with sprayer
- Mix the two oils and the white vinegar in a bowl. Make sure all the ingredients are well incorporated.
- Pour this mix into the bottle with sprayer for storage.
- Spray on the affected area as part of the routine.
- Repeat this 2-3 times a day, every day for the best results.
It has anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties.
- Coconut oil – 1/2 Cup
- Crushed Camphor – 2 Teaspoons
- Small Dark Glass Bottle – 1
- Place the coconut oil and camphor in the bottle.
- Leave the bottle out in the sunlight. This allows the camphor to melt naturally and blend in with the coconut oil.
- Wash the face with a gentle cleanser and pat dry.
- Apply a few drops of the mix on the affected areas of the face.
- Once the mix has dried, apply moisturiser.
3. Cedarwood Oil
This is very beneficial for acne and blackheads.
- Cedarwood Oil – 4 drops
- Lavender Oil – 3 drops
- Jojoba Oil – 2 Teaspoons (Carrier Oil)
- Tea Tree Oil – 2 Drops
- In a bowl, add the oils and mix well. Make sure the oils are well incorporated.
- Take a soft cloth and dab it in the bowl with the mix.
- Wash the face well and wipe it with this dabbed cloth.
- Repeat this process every night before going to bed for the best results.
Mint has many medicinal properties that help it unclog pores in the skin. It allows the skin to breathe with an element of freshness and aroma.
- 12 mint leaves
- Lemon juice – 1 Tablespoon
- Grind the mint leaves with a mortar and pestle.
- Add this mint-paste to the lemon juice in a bowl, mix well.
- Apply this mix on the affected regions of the face.
- Leave it on for 15 minutes and then wash it off with cold water.
- Repeat this process once every day for the most effective results.
It is highly advisable that before attempting any of the above-mentioned techniques, a patch test is first done. This makes it clear whether the person is allergic to any of the ingredients. It’s a necessary precautionary measure.
Latest posts by Arushi Phakey (see all)
- Top 5 DIY Nourishing Protein Hair Mask - May 31, 2019
- Remove Wrinkles on Face Permanently with this Natural Pack - May 21, 2019
- Use it for just a few Nights and Get Spot Free Glowing Skin - May 19, 2019