Irregular Periods: Symptoms, Causes, And Home Remedies
Irregularity often occurs in many cases in our daily life. But when it comes to the menstrual cycle, it often occurs in many of the individuals. It is necessary for us to know what causes such problems and the symptoms we would face while having the issue. I hope you can get all the necessary information regarding the irregular periods in this article. I have also listed a few home remedies for treating it.
Symptoms Of Irregular Periods
Following are some of the common symptoms of irregular periods.
- The menstruation cycle will be longer than 35 days.
- Any changes in the blow flow during your periods.
- Blood clots might appear along with the discharge.
- If the blood clot is greater than 2.5 cm in diameter, then it is considered to be irregular periods.
- Acute pain in the lower abdominal and pelvic areas.
- Heavy vaginal discharge
- Unpleasant or strong fishy odor from the vaginal discharge
Causes Of Irregular Periods
Some of the common causes of irregular periods are as follows.
- Sudden increase and decrease in body weight
- Eating disorders like Anorexia and Bulimia
- Usage of an intrauterine device (IUD) (birth control device)
- Contraceptive pills and Antibiotics
- Pregnancy and Breastfeeding
- Hyperthyroidism (overactive) and Hypothyroidism (underactive)
- Exercising to much
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS)
- Uterine fibroids
- Food habits
The home remedies that can be followed to get rid of irregular periods are as follows.
#1. Cinnamon Powder
Cinnamon has been used for solving the irregular period problems since ages. They help in providing great relief to you from the menstrual cramps. The cinnamon consists of a special compound called Hydroxychalcone in it. This will help in maintaining the insulin levels in your body. So, this will eventually prevent you from the occurrence of irregular periods.
Directions For Use
- Take 1/2 tbsp of cinnamon powder and mix it in one glass of boiled milk.
- Drink it once in every day continuously for a few weeks until you get your periods.
- Meanwhile, you can also prepare cinnamon tea and consume it regularly.
Figs are packed with a bundle of minerals like calcium, manganese, copper and potassium in it. All these essential minerals will help in regulating the menstrual cycle regularly.
Directions For Use
- Firstly, take about 5 figs and put them in a bowl filled with one cup of purified water.
- Start boiling the water for a few seconds.
- Then filter the fig water solution leaving the residues behind.
- Drink the filtered water every day for having regular periods.
- You can also prepare fig juice and start consuming it until you get your periods.
#3 Aloe Vera Gel
Aloe vera gel has the ability to manage the levels of hormones in your body. This will eventually make the menstrual cycle to occur properly. Apart from this, it also has a lot of advantages when it comes to your body. It reduces your body heat and provides a cooling effect. They can prevent you from many of the diseases.
Directions For Use
- Firstly, extract the gel separately from the aloe vera leaf.
- Then mix a little amount of honey with the aloe vera gel.
- Start consuming it regularly before having your breakfast.
- Follow this remedy continuously for about 3 months.
- You can also mix it with a glass of water and drink it.
- Do not consume this when you have your periods.
Latest posts by Tharaa Nagendran (see all)
- Refreshing DIY Face Mists For All Different Skin Types - April 23, 2019
- Onion Juice – It Turns Gray Hair Back To Its Natural Color - April 23, 2019
- Irregular Periods: Symptoms, Causes, And Home Remedies - April 23, 2019