Kalonji and Fenugreek Seeds for Hair Growth
One of the most common problems faced by women of all ages is inadequate hair growth. A number of factors can lead to this including pollution, sunlight, dirt, hormonal imbalance, and so on. While there are a number of products available in the market to reduce hair fall and accelerate hair growth, they might have negative effects on your hair as well. Do not worry we have got your back. Here is how you can accelerate hair growth using two natural ingredients; fenugreek and kalonji seeds. Hope it helps!
Kalonji and Fenugreek Seed Hair Mask
- Kalonji (black seeds) – 1 tbsp
- Fenugreek Seeds – 1 tbsp
- Honey – 1 tbsp
- Olive Oil – 2 tbsps
- Multani Mitti (fuller’s earth) – 1 teaspoon
- Cinnamon powder – ¼ tsp
- In a blender, take both kalonji and fenugreek seeds and grind them into a fine powder.
- In a bowl, keep the powder.
- Add a tablespoon of powder and mix it to make a paste. Keep adding water to make its consistency creamy.
- Leave it on for some hours or possibly overnight.
- Add a teaspoon of honey to the mixture.
- Next, add ¼ tsp of cinnamon powder to the paste.
- Lastly, add 2 tbsps of olive oil to the mixture.
- Add 1 tsp of Multani mitti (fuller’s earth) to the mixture. If you have dry hair, you can skip this step. However, if your hair is on the oilier side, this might be a good step to follow.
- Mix it all well.
- Take a wide brush and apply the mask on your hair roots and ends. You can also use your fingers for the application.
- Cover your hair with a shower cap or a plastic wrap to keep the mask in place and avoid a mess. Even if you don’t put on a mask, it is okay since the mask is quite creamy and does not have a dripping consistency.
- Let it stay on your hair for 20-30 minutes.
- After the mask is completely dry, wash it off with a mild natural shampoo and conditioner.
- Dry your hair gently with the help of a towel.
- Apply a serum if required.
Apply this hair mask once a week for visible results. With a regular application for a couple of months, you can see the results for yourself.
Why this mask works?
- The seeds are rich in antioxidants which accelerate hair growth by making the hair follicles strong.
- They help in reducing inflammation of follicles thus fostering hair growth.
- The antihistamine in the seeds, make the hair strands thicker thus helping in combating baldness.
- The seeds are rich in fatty acids, Vitamin B & zinc, which nourishes the hair, keep it healthy, reduces hair fall, and promotes its growth. The fatty acids in the seeds help in reducing the dryness of the scalp, thus keeping it healthy.
- The additional ingredients like honey maintain the pH balance of the scalp.
- Fuller’s earth keeps the scalp oil-free and clean.
- Cinnamon powder stimulates the hair follicles, thus fostering hair growth.
- Olive oil keeps the radicals at bay. Moreover, it keeps the hair soft and shiny.
Latest posts by Sanchita Dwivedi (see all)
- This Is The Best Way To Remove Unwanted Hair At Home - June 3, 2019
- 52 Year Old Ageless Beauty From China Shares Her Anti-aging Secrets - May 24, 2019
- Just Apply This Aloe Vera Recipe And Get Spotless Radiant Skin - May 23, 2019