Kudampuli or Garcinia Cambogia – Magical herb for weight loss
Garcinia cambogia or Kudampuli or Malabar tamarind as it is more commonly known around India is a great weight loss supplement. It can be used at home easily by mixing it with some other ingredients to make certain dishes and recipes which will help in shedding the extra weight from the body and turn the fat stored into useful enzymes and energy. It is a little pumpkin shaped yellow coloured fruit that is generally grown in the southern parts of India. It tastes sour and a little bitter when tasted raw. It is used in making a lot of dishes when it is cooked and is mostly used when it is fully ripe and then dried under the sun.
The fruit is peeled and a substance called HCA is extracted from it. HCA stands for hydroxycitric acid, which is a compound used to decrease the weight of a person by a lot of supplements present in the market. They add some additives and chemicals to the final product which leads to a lower performance due to which you have to use the product again and again. It also acts on the compound called serotonin present in the body which is responsible for your appetite. Increase in serotonin levels keeps your appetite in check and you don’t feel the need to binge eat more than you should. This is one of the biggest reasons why people gain weight quickly these days. Eating more than you usually do and then sitting idle will add on the pounds on your body without you noticing.
How To Use Kudampuli for Weight Loss
- Dried Garcinia Cambogia
- Lemon Juice
- Take a handful of sun-dried Malabar tamarind and keep it in a small bowl. Put some water in the bowl until the tamarinds are completely submerged in it.
- Let the tamarind soak in the water for about 10 minutes and then transfer it to a pan or a steel utensil.
- Add some more water to the pan and keep it over medium heat for some time. Cook the mixture until the water starts boiling and the tamarind starts oozing out some colour.
- Mix the ingredients for about 10 minutes and then take it off from the heat.
- Strain the water and keep it in a cup to cool down.
- Add a few drops of lemon juice to the water to bring some tangy taste to it.
- Drink the Garcinia Cambogia infused water half an hour before eating a meal to keep control on your appetite and help in losing some weight.
Kudampuli drink is a very good appetite managing drink which in a way controls how much you eat and stops you from overeating. This is one of the major causes of weight gain in people and if you can keep a check on how much food you eat then you can lose weight easily.
- Garcinia Cambogia
- Green Tea
- Take some hot water in a cup and soak a tablespoon of dried Garcinia Cambogia in it. The hot water will extract all the juices and oil from the dried garcinia cambogia.
- Strain the garcinia and put the water in a pan and over the heat again for a few minutes. While the water is boiling you can add the green tea bag to mask the smell and taste of garcinia a bit.
- Remove the tea away from heat and keep it aside to cool down for a bit. Garcinia can taste a little bitter to some people so it advised drinking the tea as it is first and if you don’t like the taste then add the green tea from the next batch.
- Drink this tea every day in the afternoon to lose weight quickly.
Green tea is already famous for being a miracle drink which helps in losing the weight easily and quickly. Add in some garcinia cambogia to the mix and the resulting drink becomes too potent to shed off the excess fat and weight from your body. Make a habit of drinking this tea as often as you could.
Banana and Kudampuli
- Garcinia Cambogia
- Take some hot water and soak the Garcinia Cambogia in it.
- Peel and cut a ripe banana into small pieces and put it in a blender. Add the garcinia infused water and mix them together.
- Pour about half a cup of milk to the mixture and then blend them together to make a thick dense shake. If the shake becomes too thick then add a little milk or add some more bananas to make it thicker if it becomes too runny.
- Make a big batch of this drink and consume it two times a day at least to speed up the process of weight loss in your body.
Being a thick and full shake, this recipe not only fills up your stomach quenching any hunger left in you and also gives a great deal of strength to carry out the day or recover from a workout session both in the morning and evening. It speeds up the metabolism of the body leading to faster fat burning and increased weight loss.
- Dried Garcinia Cambogia
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Soak the garcinia cambogia in hot water for about 10 minutes.
- Put a cup of water in a pan and then heat it for a few minutes until it starts to simmer. Add 2-3 medium sized pieces of jaggery in the pan and leave them as it is for about 10 minutes so they melt and dissolve in the water automatically.
- Keep stirring the mixture until all the jaggery has melted and mixed with the water to make a really thick paste. There should be no chunks of jaggery remaining in the pan and the syrup must be very thick.
- While the mixture is still over the heat, chop some ginger and put it in the pan along with the Garcinia Cambogia soaked water.
- Stir and mix the ingredients for 10-15 minutes until it starts simmering again.
- Remove the solution away from the heat and put it in a blender to make an even finer paste. Blend the ingredients for a couple of minutes.
- When the paste has cooled down completely then serve it after adding apple cider vinegar and a little bit of water. You can add some ice cubes to make it chiller.
- Drink this solution every day in the evening or before snacks to cut down on your weight gain.
Unlike other recipes, this one has jaggery which is quite sweet and should not ideally be the ingredient which helps in losing weight but it has some properties which act upon your digestive system and overall body metabolism leading to better digestion and consumption of nutrients. This drink also prevents you from eating more than you need.
- Malabar Tamarind
- Lemon Juice
- Take a little amount of hot water and soak the dried Malabar tamarind in it for about half an hour.
- Strain the liquid from the tamarind and then cut the tamarind into smaller pieces. Put these pieces in hot water again for another half an hour or so.
- Strain the liquid again and further cut the pieces into smaller pieces. Repeat this process three to four times to extract as much Garcinia Cambogia juice as possible. Keep this juice at one place and add a few drops of lemon juice in it to change the taste a bit.
- Let the solution cool down a little and then add it to any of your favourite sambar or curry and eat it as you would normally.
- Repeat this procedure on every alternate day so that the food you eat doesn’t get stored up and this, in turn, helps in cutting down the fat.
Adding garcinia cambogia to the food and curry you eat every day will bring out the full nutrients of the food and allow the body to absorb as much of the good ingredients as possible. You can eat as much as you like and it won’t show up stored in your belly, but will be consumed to make energy for your daily work.
- Although garcinia cambogia or Garcinia Cambogia is well known in its abilities to help in losing weight and shedding some fat from the body, it should not be confused with a medicine of some sorts. It improves your digestive system for a little bit until you need to shed the weight. Don’t use it as an alternative to a medicine which has been prescribed to you by a medical expert.
- Overuse of anything is bad for the overall health of our body. It might look like a good idea to eat and drink Garcinia Cambogia to lose the weight easily sitting at home. But, the remedies will only initiate the weight loss process and help your body along the way with eating efficiently and using what you ate better. You have to do some exercises and workouts to lose the weight as it won’t happen on its own.
- Just like other weight loss supplements, as well as weight gain supplements, garcinia cambogia is also a little addictive in nature. At first, when you are starting out, the tamarind might taste a little bittersweet but as you keep on increasing the dosage and intake the body starts craving the ingredient more and more. It is very crucial that you stick to the usage described here and leave using garcinia as soon as you attain the desired weight.
- Try not to use garcinia when you are pregnant and showing. If you want to use it then first consult a doctor as what you eat is very crucial for how your breast milk turns out to be. A newborn baby is prone to diseases and is in a very delicate health which requires only the best and purest breastmilk.
- One more precaution is a general one. Take a small test batch of garcinia in a small amount to check whether you are allergic to garcinia or not. Consult a doctor if you notice any changes to your body after consuming garcinia cambogia.
Even though kudampuli is quite safe and natural to use, it can lead to some side effects or complications for some people. Some of the known side effects of garcinia are given below:
- Dry Mouth – The mouth becomes too dry due to lack of saliva regeneration and compels the person to keep drinking water, again and again, to keep the mouth hydrated.
- Upset Stomach – In this condition, you don’t feel like eating anything because of the fear that you will vomit anything that you eat. The stomach starts feeling uneasy for the whole day and stays unsettled inhibiting your appetite to eat anything. It can stay for a couple of days or more.
- Dizziness – This happens because the body starts feeling exhausted and anything you do seems to take in a lot of effort. The person feels sleepy and heavy headed all the time.
- Nausea – Leads to a migraine and dizziness. Short bursts of acute headaches follow with lose motions and low blood sugar in the body. This is a very rare case while taking Garcinia Cambogia.
- Headache – This is your common headache which stays for a full day. The temple and foreheads keep throbbing just like a normal headache. It affects your focus to concentrate on your work.
- Diarrhoea – Stools become thin and runny and you have the urge of going to the bathroom multiple times in a day. The stomach feels weird the whole day and whatever you consume gets converted into liquid form. Take a prescribed medicine at these times to control the diarrhoea.
You might find this article interesting Best Avocado Diet For Weight Loss – Lose Up To 3 Kilos in 3 days
Latest posts by Sri Krishan Singh (see all)
- Goodbye Grey Hair: Natural Remedies effective For Gray Hair - May 31, 2019
- How to Whiten Teeth Naturally at Home - May 31, 2019
- Whitening Gold Herbal Facial for Glowing Skin At Home - May 22, 2019