Magical DIY Henna Hair Mask for Dry & Frizzy Hair Cure in Winter
During winters the cold does more harm than good to the hair and skin. It dehydrates the skin and makes the hair very frizzy. Henna, a natural product, helps replenish and nourish the hair. The following are ways to use henna for the hair, at home, with the help of other cost-effective natural ingredients.
1. With Black Tea
- Henna Powder – 5 Tablespoons
- Yoghurt – 3 Tablespoons
- Large Lemon – 1
- Egg – 1
- Black Tea – 1 Cup
- Warm Water – 1/2 Cup
- Plastic gloves
- Place the henna powder in a bowl and add the Yoghurt and black tea to it. Beat it well till a thick paste is formed.
- Squeeze in the lemon juice and stir it well and then leave it aside for 3 hours.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg well and add the henna mixture into it. Stir it with a spoon.
- With the plastic gloves on, apply the henna mixture on the hair. Take each section of the hair separately and apply the mix from root to tip.
- Once the mix has been fully applied, tie the hair in a bun and cover it with a shower cap.
- Leave it on for 4 hours and then wash it off with lukewarm water.
- Repeat this process once a week for the best results.
2. With Coffee
- Henna powder – 5 Tablespoons
- Instant Coffee powder – 1 Tablespoon
- Water – 1 Cup
- Aluminium foil
- In a pot, boil the water and add coffee powder to it. Keep it on the heat for a few minutes before taking it off.
- In a bowl, place the henna powder. When the coffee becomes warm, pour it into the henna.
- Mix it well so that there are no lumps.
- Section the hair and start applying the mixture to the hair. Make sure it is applied from root to tip.
- Once all sections are fully covered, leave it on for 4 hours, covering it with aluminium foil.
- Wash your hair with warm water and a mild shampoo and conditioner.
- Repeat this process once in a month for the most effective results.
3. With Shikakai
- Shikakai Powder – 1 Tablespoon
- Amla – 25 g
- Henna Powder – 100 g
- Lukewarm Water – 1 Cup
- Mix the henna powder, amla and shikakai Powder in a bowl. Add in the water little by little till a Yoghurt like consistency is formed.
- Section the previously damped hair and apply the mix on the hair using plastic gloves.
- Make sure the mixture is applied from root to tip of every section of the hair.
- Once the mix is fully applied, wear a shower cap and leave it on all night.
- The next morning, wash off the henna from the hair using a shampoo and rinse it well.
- Repeat this process once in a month for the best results.
It is advisable to first conduct a patch test on one section of the hair. This is to find out if you are allergic or not to any of the ingredients being used in the above-mentioned methods.
Latest posts by Arushi Phakey (see all)
- Top 5 DIY Nourishing Protein Hair Mask - May 31, 2019
- Remove Wrinkles on Face Permanently with this Natural Pack - May 21, 2019
- Use it for just a few Nights and Get Spot Free Glowing Skin - May 19, 2019