What is Ambrodil S ?
Ambrodil s syrup is under class of mucolytic and mucokinetic agent of drug used for treatment of cough, thickened mucous, chronic obstructive pulmonary disorder, asthma etc which is manufactured by Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd and available in 100ml bottle amber colored bottle.
- What is the generic name(s)?
- How does it work ?
- What are it’s uses ?
- How effective is this medicine ?
- What are the Side Effects ?
- Is this medicine addictive?
- What if I miss the dose of this medicine ?
- Can I drive after taking this medicine ?
- Can this medicine be taken on an empty stomach?
- Can I take this medicine with alcohol ?
- What is the Dosage ?
- What are the precautions I need to take ?
- Is it safe to take if I am pregnant ?
- Is it safe to take if I am breast feeding ?
- Can this medicine be given to children and infants ?
- Is Ambrodil S available as an over the counter (OTC) product?
- Frequently asked questions
What is the generic name (s)?
Ascoril ls contain following two substituent’s in
- Ambroxol (15 mg/5ml)
- Levosalbutamol (1 mg/5ml),
How does it work ?
Ambroxol belong to mucolytic agent. This acts by breaking down of sputum mucopolysaccharide fibers which are thick viscous in form into thinner and less viscous form as such can move easily and can be removed through coughing. This use to treat acute and chronic respiratory disease having increased mucus production conditions.
Levosalbutamol is salt form of salbutamol relaxes the smooth muscles of airways and from trachea to the terminal bronchioles and acts bronchodilator to relieve spasm which is treatment of chronic obstructive pulmonary disorder, constriction of airways and asthma.Guaifenesin which acts as expectorant which increases the volume and reduces the viscosity of sputum facilitates and helps in removal of sputum.
What are it’s uses ?
There are many uses of Ascoril ls as
- Treatment of cough,
- Easing of breath
- Chest congestion,
- Thickened mucus cough
- Lungs inflammation
- Respiratory tract diseases
How effective is this medicine ?
This medicine is a very powerful and effective medicine in treating in specified above mentioned diseases and against health indications discussed above.
What are the Side Effects ?
Ambrodil s can cause following side-effects
- Excessive doses may lead to toxicity
- increased heart beat
- Urge to vomit
Is Ambrodil S addictive ?
What if I miss the dose of Ambrodil S?
Can I drive after taking Ambrodil S?
Can Ambrodil S be taken on an empty stomach ?
You should not take this medicine on an empty stomach. It can be taken with food or immediately after taking the food.
Can I take Ambrodil S with alcohol ?
Intake of this medicine with alcohol is not reported. How ever alcohol intake with medicine may intensifies drowsiness.It is better to consult your doctor before consumption of this medicine. Pharmacists also suggest not to take alcohol while using this medicine.
What is the Dosage of Autrin ?
The usual dose of this drug is 5ml dosage may vary on condition of the patient or Take as directed by your doctor.
What are the precautions I need to take ?
You should take following precautions while administering this medicine:
- Any allergies, pre-existing diseases tell to doctor.
- Hypersensitivity of any substituents in drug
- Vitamin and mineral supplements can interact with certain other medications tell the doctor if using any of drugs
- If you also on other medication like antibiotics,antacids,NSAIDs,diuertics etc.,
- The expiry date printed on the pack has passed.
- The packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering.
- Tell your doctor if you are taking any medicine
- Tell your doctor if you are suffering from any disease
- Keep this medicine out of the reach of children
Is it safe to take if I am pregnant ?
Yes, it is safe to take in the recommended dosage if one is pregnant and you stop the medicine immediately after your cough subsides.& there are no reports of any problems occurring
Though no studies have been conducted on humans and animals to find out any problems which might occur on having this capsule during pregnancy.
Consult a doctor before administering this medicine to a pregnant woman.
Is it safe to take if I am breast feeding ?
Yes, it is safe to take in the recommended dosage if one is breast feeding & there are no reports of any problems occurring but Please consult with your doctor before starting this capsule.
If your breast feeding or planning to start breast feeding, consult a doctor before using this medicine.
Can this medicine be given to children and infants ?
Yes it is safe to give to children but only on prescription or advice by a doctor.
Consult with a doctor regarding the frequency and the dosage of the drug.
Is Ambrodil S available as an over the counter (OTC) product?
Ambrodil S is available as an over the counter or an OTC product. Consult the doctor before taking the medicine.
Frequently asked questions
What is difference between ambrodil and ambrodil S?
Ambrodil cough syrup contains ambroxol.
Ambrodil S contains levosalbutamol, ambroxol
what frequency do I need to use Ambrodil S?
The usual dose 5 ml per dose or as prescribed by doctor.
What is Ambrodil S?
Ambrodil S is a trade name of combination drugs ambroxol and salbutamol.
Can i take this tablet daily?
No the medication should be stopped once the cough subsidies.
Is this taken on empty stomach or before/after taking food?
Can be taken before or after meals or As prescribed by doctor.
What to do if took in case I took an overdose of this medicine ?
Do not take overdose of this drug taking more than prescribed dose may lead to adverse effects than quick healing.
Immediately rush to your doctor or nearest healthcare center for advice.
Symptoms of overdose include mild to severe vomiting, nausea or Tremulousness etc., .
What are the storage precautions for this medicine?
- Keep the bottle in cool and dry place , Avoid direct sunlight and Shake well before use.
- Do not store medicine in the bathroom or near a sink.
- Avoid direct contact with sunlight.
- Keep it away from the reach of children and pets.
- If the expiry date on the pack is passed, ask a pharmacist about ways of discarding it.