What is Aristozyme?
Aristozyme is the brand name for digestive enzyme supplement product. It is a combination of various digestive enzzyme and vitamin B1. It is manufactured and marketed by Aristo Pharmaceuticals Private limited. This oral medication is available as syrup, drop and capsule form.The packaging details of each form is listed below:
- Aristozyme syrup – 200 ml per bottle
- Aristozyme drops – 15 ml per bottle
- Aristozyme capsule – 15 capsules per strip
- What is the generic name(s)?
- How does it work ?
- What are it’s uses ?
- How effective is this medicine ?
- What are the Side Effects ?
- What is the Dosage ?
- What are the precautions I need to take ?
- Is it safe to take if I am pregnant ?
- Is it safe to take if I am breast feeding ?
- Can this medicine be given to children and infants ?
- Is Aristozyme available as an over the counter (OTC) product?
- Frequently asked questions
What is the generic name (s)?
The active ingredient or generic chemicals present in Aristozyme is listed below:
- Fungal diastase
How does it work ?
Fungal diastase in a pro-digestive enzyme, it is produced naturally in body. It helps in breaking down the carbohydrates in to smaller particles. It also helps in proper absorption of nutrients in the intestine.
Pepsin is a natural enzyme. Pepsin helps in breaking down the protein present in the food and makes them easy to digest.
What are it’s uses ?
- Gastro-Intestinal gas
- Indigestion of food
- Bile flow problems during pregnancy
How effective is this medicine ?
This medicine is a very effective for all the conditions mentioned above. It is one of the best multi-vitamin formula available. For best results it should be taken under medical supervision in terms of dosage and duration of intake after due consultation with a doctor.
What are the Side Effects ?
Some of the commonly reported side-effects of this medication are listed below:
- Skin irritation
- Dark or black stool
- Abdominal pain
- Burning sensation in intestines
If you experience any of these side effects, Inform your doctor immediately . This list is not a comprehensive list of all the possible side effects of this drug.
Consult your doctor immediately if you develop any other medical conditions while using this medicine.
What is the Dosage ?
Despite this medicine being an over the counter product, regarding the dosage of this medicine, please consult with a doctor as it will depend on the condition for which it has to be administered. For best results take it for the duration suggested by the doctor.
What are the precautions I need to take ?
While taking this medicine, following precautions should be taken :
- Tell your doctor if you are suffering from any Bleeding disorders
- Tell your doctor if you are suffering from Wernicke-korsakoff syndrome
- Caution advised in the patient had undergone any surgeries recently
- Ask a doctor about the required dosage and frequency for this medicine
- Take full course of treatment
- Do not take this medicine if you are allergic to any of the ingredients of this medicine or any of their excipients
- Do not take this medicinal product after the expiry date stated on the carton package
- Tell your doctor if you are taking any medicine
- Discuss your pregnancy and breastfeeding plan with a doctor before using the medicine
- Do not consume alcohol during medication
Is it safe to take if I am pregnant ?
Yes, it is safe to take this medicine if you are pregnant or planning to get pregnant.
This medicine has been approved by US FDA with ‘A’ certificate in pregnancy category of medicines. The ‘A’ certificate means No risk in controlled human studies: Adequate and well-controlled human studies have failed to demonstrate a risk to the fetus in the first trimester of pregnancy (and there is no evidence of risk in later trimesters).
Is it safe to take if I am breast feeding ?
This medicine is may be contraindicated during breastfeeding. Please share your breastfeeding plans with your doctor if being prescribed by this medicine. The drug belongs to ‘L4′ category in lactation category of medicines. This medicine may not be harmful to breast feeding women, but risk is there that it may affect the infant.
Consult your doctor before using this medicine.
Can this medicine be given to children and infants ?
Yes, if prescribed by a qualified pediatrician, this medicine can be used for children and infants. Please consult with the dermatologist regarding the quantity , frequency and duration of dosage of the drug for children and infants.
Is Aristozyme available as an over the counter (OTC) product?
Yes, this medicine is available as an over the counter (OTC) product. But it is suggested that you consult a doctor to know if you can use this medicine.
Frequently asked questions
Can I take Aristozyme medication for long term ?
Yes, you can take this medicine for long term use. This medicine rarely demonstrates any side-effects and it does not have any addictive properties. It is safe to use it for prolonged period.
What if I happen to miss a dose of this drug ?
You can take the missed dose if the time is not close for the next dose. Don’t take double dose in any case. Its always better to consult your doctor in such cases in order to avoid any bad or harmful effects.
Can Aristozyme be taken for iron deficiency?
No, it is not used to manage iron deficiency. Also, iron is not an ingredient of this tablet. This tablet is used only to treat indigestion and related issues.
Can it be taken with alcohol?
It is advised to avoid consumption of alcohol while taking this capsule.