What is Cobadex CZS
Cobadex CZS tablet is a branded product of Glaxo SmithKline Pharmaceuticals Ltd, which is formulation containing multivitamin.
- What are the Generic Name(s)
- How does it work ?
- What are it’s uses ?
- How effective is this medicine ?
- What are the Side Effects ?
- What is the Dosage ?
- What are the precautions I need to take ?
- Is it safe to take If I am pregnant ?
- Is it safe to take if I am breast feeding ?
- Can this medicine be given to Children and Infants ?
- Is Cobadex available as over the counter (OTC) product?
- Frequently asked questions
What are the Generic Name(s)
The main ingredients of Cobadex CZS tablet are
- Selenious Acid USP equal to elemental Selenium
- Folic acid
- Niacinamide Pyridoxine
- Zinc Sulfate Monohydrate
Cobadex is available in the strip of 15 tablets
How does it work ?
The active ingredients of Cobadex works in following ways:
- Niacinamide pryridoxine is a coenzyme which helps in reduction-oxidation (Redox) reactions in the tissues respiration system.
- Cyanocobalamin is metabolically interrelated to Folic acid. Both of them are extremely important requirement for the synthesis of nucleic acid and normal growth and maturation of RBC’s.
- Zinc also play a vital role in synthesis of the nucleic acids and nucleoproteins. Zinc also affects the growth of tissues and damage repair in tissues.
- Chromium is an essential substance required to process insulin metabolism. It helps in manipulation of lipid, protein actions, and breaking carbohydrates.
- Selenium protects the tissues from oxidation damages and ageing. It helps in maintaining optimum tissue growth.
What are it’s uses ?
This multi-vitamin tablets are administered in the prevention, control and treatment of following diseases and conditions:
- Alzheimer’s disease
- Anemia due to folic acid deficiency
- Poor absorption of food, Poor diet, Malnutrition
- Folate deficiency and Increased requirement of folate in the body during pregnancy
- High cholesterol, Diabetes, Hypocalcaemia
- Pernicious anemia, Hyperhomocysteinemia, Red blood cell production
- Scurvy, Skin and hair growth, Hair loss
- Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
- Arthritis, Sporadic hypophosphatemic osteomalacia
- Thiamine deficiency
- Neurological disorders
- Heart problem
- Vitamin b12 deficiency, Vitamin b3 deficiency
- Eye disorders, Seborrheic dermatitis
- Migraine headache
- Mental problems and Neurological disturbances
- Wound healing, Cell damage, Tissue repair
- Healthy nervous system and bone marrow maintenance
- Biotin deficiency in pregnancy
- As a supplement after Long-term tube feeding
- Rapid weight loss, Weakening of muscle and bone strength
- Brittle nails
- Mild depression
- Rickets due to deficiency of Vitamin D
How effective is this medicine ?
This tablets are very effective in the treatment of all the diseases listed above, when taken in dosage and frequency as suggested by the Doctor.
What are the Side Effects ?
The following list is a comprehensive list of all the possible side effects of this drug. Some of the side effects may occur very rarely. If you experience any of these side effects, Inform your doctor immediately .
- Platelet deficiency in blood
- Rashes, Blister or bullae on skin
- Allergic reactions, papilations
- Abdominal pain, Constipation, gas and other GI disorders
- Headache, heartburn and acidity
- Diarrhea, Vomiting and nausea
- Abnormality in blood cells and blood count
- Acute renal tubular necrosis
- Breathlessness, shortened breath, and Anxiety
- Muscular weakness, Dizziness
- Irritation and itching
- High blood pressure and hypersensitivity
- Liver toxicity, Liver damage and increased level of liver enzymes
- Swelling of ears and eyes, rashes and itching on face
Consult your doctor if you develop any other medical conditions while using this medicine.
What is the Dosage ?
The dosage of Cobadex CZS tablet varies with the patient’s age and the problem for which it is being administered. For example, the typical dosage for adults is 1 tablet per day.
Please consult with doctor to know about the correct dosage for the speedy recovery of the patient.
What are the precautions I need to take ?
- Take this medicine only if prescribed by the doctor
- Do not consume alcohol while taking this medicine
- Refrain from consuming alcohol for at least 3 days after the last dosage of this medicine
- Take full course of treatment
- Do not take this medicine if you are allergic to any of the ingredients of this medicine or any of their excipient
- Do not take this medicinal product after the expiry date stated on the carton package
- Tell your doctor if you are taking any medicine
- Tell your doctor if you are suffering from any disease
- Keep this medicine out of the reach of children
- Drink plenty of liquids during medication
Caution should be implied if the patient is :
- On any other prescribed or non-prescribed medication.
- Has any Liver disease, gastrointestinal disease and sinus congestion.
- Is Pregnant or planning to get pregnant
- Is breast feeding an infant or planning to start breast feeding.
Is it safe to take If I am pregnant ?
This drug is classified by FDA as pregnancy category ‘C’ Risk not ruled out: Animal reproduction studies have shown an adverse effect on the fetus and there are no adequate and well-controlled studies in humans, but potential benefits may warrant use of the drug in pregnant women despite potential risks.
It should not be taken if you are pregnant or are planning to be pregnant. Please share the actual status of your pregnancy with your doctor for the correct prescription of this medicine.
Is it safe to take if I am breast feeding ?
No, it is not safe to take Cobadex CZS during breastfeeding. Please share your breastfeeding plans with your doctor if being prescribed by this medicine. The drug belongs to ‘L5′ category in lactation category of medicines and it has a high risk of causing significant damage to an infant.
Can this medicine be given to Children and Infants ?
This medicine should not be given to infants.
This medicine should not be given to children, unless advised by the doctor.
Is Cobadex available as over the counter (OTC) product?
Yes, Cobadex CZS tablet is available as an over the counter or OTC product. But it is advised to please consult with the doctor for the particular case related information and regarding its correct dosage, timing and duration of use.
Frequently asked questions
How to store Cobadex CZS tablets ?
This medicine has to be stored in a room temperature and dry place (20 to 35 degree Celsius), protected from light, away from the reach of children and pets. It is advised to use an air-tight container for the storage of this medicine. Also, discard the medicine post its expiry date.