What is DAPHNE PILLS ?
DAPHNE PILLS is a brand name of lynestrenol. It is used as oral contraceptive/birth control pill. It is manufactured and marketed by DKT Health, Inc. and is available in the packaging of 28 tablets per strip.
- What is the generic name(s)?
- How does it work ?
- What are it’s uses ?
- How effective is this medicine ?
- What are the Side Effects ?
- Is this medicine addictive?
- What if I miss the dose of this medicine ?
- Can I drive after taking this medicine ?
- Can this medicine be taken on an empty stomach ?
- Can I take this medicine with alcohol ?
- What is the Dosage ?
- What are the precautions I need to take ?
- Is it safe to take if I am pregnant ?
- Is it safe to take if I am breast feeding ?
- Can this medicine be given to children and infants ?
- Is this Daphne Pills available as an over the counter (OTC) product?
- Frequently asked questions
What is the generic name (s)?
DAPHNE PILLS have only one active ingriedient which is
Lynestrenol 500 mcg
How does it work ?
DAPHNE PILLS is a hormonal contraceptives
Lynestrenol is a synthetic and orally active progestogen. Lynestrenol has a mild androgenic effect and has a strong progestogenic effect on the uterine endometrium, suppresses ovulation and formation of corpus luteum, inhibits secretion of gonadotropins, inhibits maturation of follicles in the ovaries and supresses the ovulation, and reduces menstrual bleeding and as such used as an oral contraceptive and in alson in the treatment of gynecological disorders.
What are it’s uses ?
DAPHNE PILLS tablets find their use in the below listed medical conditions:
- used as an oral contraceptive
- Treatment of Gynecological disorder
Undiagnosed vaginal bleeding, Hormone-dependent neoplasm, severe liver disease ,active venous thromboembolic disorders or severe arterial disease, hepatic impairment, progestogen-dependent tumours, porphyria,
How effective is this medicine ?
DAPHNE PILLS is very effective for all the conditions mentioned above. For best results it should be taken under medical supervision in terms of dosage and duration of intake after due consultation with a doctor.
What are the Side Effects ?
The side effects of DAPHNE PILLS can be understood as of those of each of the constituent generic as described below:
- Menstrual irregularity
- Abnormal breakthrough bleeding
- cholestatic jaundice
- mood swings,
- ncreased anxiety,
- increase or decrease in libido
prolonged usage may lead these side effects
Is DAPHNE PILLS addictive?
Habit forming tendencies for this medicine has not been reported. Most medicines don’t come with a potential for addiction. Government also categorizes medicines that can be addictive as controlled substances. Finally, do not self-medicate and increase your body’s dependence to medicines without taking the advice of a doctor.
What if I miss the dose of DAPHNE PILLS?
Can I drive after taking DAPHNE PILLS?
It is not safe to drive after taking this medicine if you experience dizziness or headache as side effects. One should not drive a vehicle if using the medicine makes drowsy, dizzy or reduces your blood-pressure. Please check for these conditions on your body while using this medicine.
Can DAPHNE PILLS be taken on an empty stomach ?
Yes, you can take it on empty stomach. Please follow your doctor’s advice on how you to use this medicine.
Can I take DAPHNE PILLS with alcohol ?
Intake of this medicine with alcohol is not reported. How ever alcohol intake with medicine may intensifies drowsiness.It is better to consult your doctor before consumption of this medicine. Pharmacists also suggest not to take alcohol while using this medicine.
What is the Dosage ?
Regarding the dosage of DAPHNE PILLS
General dosage is 1 tablet at night during meals or please consult with a doctor, as it will depend on the condition for which it has to be administered.
What are the precautions I need to take ?
You should take following precautions while administering this medicine:
Heart failure, hypertension, depression, thrombophilic state, insulin-dependent diabetes
- Patients suffering from Heart disease or back ground of heart attack.Hepatic/liver disease, Lung disease, ulcerative disease should taken on medical advice and observance .
- This may cause drowsiness/dizziness as such try to avoid driving and operating any heavy machinery
- Do not crush or chew the capsule/tablet
- The expiry date printed on the pack has passed.
- The packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering.
- Tell your doctor if you are taking any medicine
- Tell your doctor if you are suffering from any disease
- Keep this medicine out of the reach of children.
Is it safe to take if I am pregnant ?
Yes, it is quite safe to take during pregnancy. This falls in to Preganancy category- D There is positive evidence of human foetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk .
Consult a doctor before administering this medicine to a pregnant woman.
Is it safe to take if I am breast feeding ?
Lynestrol or daphne tablets is metabolised to norethisterone which into milk in very small amount which would be negliegable but Consult with your doctor to better understand about it.
Take only on prescription of doctor gyneocologist/medical practitioner.
Can this medicine be given to children and infants ?
No, this medicine is not meant to be given to children and infants, under any circumstances. Consult with your doctor for better understanding about this medicine.
Is Daphne pills available as an over the counter (OTC) product?
Yes, DAPHNE PILLS is available as an over the counter or OTC product.But it is advised to please consult with the doctor for the particular case.
Frequently asked questions
What if i miss daphne dose?
If should avoid missing the dose the tablet if missed it should be taken within 3hrs of recommeded time
What is lynesterol?
Lynesterol is the generic drug of branded drug dhapne
Can Daphne pills be used if not breastfeeding?
yes , it can be used as a birth control method even if you are not breast feeding.
Can Lynestrenol be taken to regularise periods while breastfeeding?
Yes this given to women who does not tolerate estrogens and who are breast feeding
How safe and effective is taking Daphne pills?
Abnormal breakthrough bleeding is one of the known side effect of Daphne pills.
What are the storage precautions for this medicine?
You should take following precautions for storing this tablets:
- Do not crush or chew tablets.
- Keep the tablets in the original pack until it is time to take them.
- Keep the pack in a cool dry place.
- Do not store medicine in the bathroom or near a sink.
- Avoid direct contact with sunlight.
- Keep it away from the reach of children and pets.
- If the expiry date on the pack is passed, ask a pharmacist about ways of discarding it.
What are its interactions with other medicines?
Following are its some reported interactions with the below listed medicines:
- activated carbon and a number of laxatives etc