What is Dart tablet ?
Dart Tablet is the brand name for an analgesic and antipyretic medicine, prescribed for the treatment of headache, pain and fever symptoms. This tablet is is manufactures and marketed by Juggat laboratories limited. It is available in the packaging of 10 tablets per strip.
- What is the generic name(s)?
- How does it work ?
- What are it’s uses ?
- How effective is this medicine ?
- What are the Side Effects ?
- What is the Dosage ?
- What are the precautions I need to take ?
- Is it safe to take if I am pregnant ?
- Is it safe to take if I am breast feeding ?
- Can this medicine be given to children and infants ?
- Is Dart tablet available as an over the counter (OTC) product?
- Frequently asked questions
What is the generic name (s)?
Dart tablet is a combination of many drugs. The active ingredients and their composition per tablet is listed below:
- Caffeine — 50 mg
- Paracetamol — 300 mg
- Phenazone — 150 mg
How does it work ?
The medicines contains Caffeine which is methylxanthine. It acts against a adenosine in the body, and decreases the pain. Caffeine also triggers Central nervous system, Muscle system, and heart and improves the metabolism.
Paracetamol has both anti-pyretic and painkilling properties. It works by stimulating the brain’s temperature-regulating region and increasing the pain threshold. Paracetamol increases the blood flow across the skin. It results in sweating, heat loss and helps in lowering the fever.
Phenazone belongs to a class of medicines called non-steroidal anti inflammatory drugs. It also has antipyretic properties.
What are it’s uses ?
This medicine is majorly used in the prevention, control and treatment of the following diseases and conditions:
- Caffeine, in combination with painkillers; can be used to ease pain and headaches
- Toothache, Menstrual pain, throat pain, oral sprain and strain.
- Muscular pain, swelling and stiffness of joints, ear pain.
- Fevers, influenza and feverish colds.
- Mental disorders like schizophrenia.
- Also used in treatment of anxiety, vomiting and nausea.
- Vertigo’s caused by Meniere’s disease.
Please consult a qualified doctor before administering this medicine.
How effective is this medicine ?
This tablet is very effective in the management of all the pain, fever and inflammatory disorders as mentioned above. One should use it after discussing the condition and other symptoms with a qualified doctor.
What are the Side Effects ?
Below are the reported side effects that can occur from use of dart tablet medication :
- Muscle cramps
- Tiredness and drowsiness
- Vomiting, nausea, diarrhea
- Momentary bradycardia or tachycardia
- Tingling in fingers and toes
- Blood dyscrasias
- Bronchoplasm and centribular necrosis
- Liver damage, Hypoglycemic coma
- Rapid heart rate (Tachycardia)
- Nervousness, tremors and and restlessness
If you experience any of these side effects, Inform your doctor immediately . This list is not a comprehensive list of all the possible side effects of this drug.
Consult your doctor immediately if you develop any other medical conditions while using this medicine.
What is the Dosage ?
The dosage of This tablet should be as prescribed by the doctor. This also varies with patient’s age and the medical condition being managed. Please consult with the doctor regarding the course and duration of administration of this medicine.
Generally, an adults may be prescribed with 2 tablets per day. The medicine is not advised for minors and elderly patients.
What are the precautions I need to take ?
- Take this medicine only if prescribed by the doctor
- Take full course of treatment
- Do not take this medicinal product after the expiry date stated on the carton package
- Tell your doctor if you are taking any medicine
- Tell your doctor if you are suffering from any disease
- Keep this medicine out of the reach of children.
Don’t take this medicine if :
- You are allergic to any of the ingredients of this medicine or any of their excipients
- You have a history of heart disease, depression, low blood pressure.
- You had any liver problems, bone marrow depression, involuntary muscle movements.
- You are suffering from Parkinson disease, seizures, alcoholism, prostate issues, and Reye’s syndrome.
- You are taking any other medication.
Is it safe to take if I am pregnant ?
Yes, it is safe to take Dart tablet if you are pregnant or planning to get pregnant.
This drug is classified by FDA as pregnancy category ‘B’ No risk in other studies: Animal reproduction studies have failed to demonstrate a risk to the fetus and there are no adequate and well-controlled studies in pregnant women OR Animal studies have shown an adverse effect, but adequate and well-controlled studies in pregnant women have failed to demonstrate a risk to the fetus in any trimester.
Consult your gynecologist before administering this drug. Please, do not self-medicate.
Is it safe to take if I am breast feeding ?
No, Dart tablet is not safe to take if you are breast feeding or planning to start breast feeding. Caffeine can be excreted in the breast milk and it can harm the infant.
Always consult a healthcare expert before using Dart tablet if you are nursing a baby.
Can this medicine be given to children and infants ?
This medicine may be given to children after proper consultation of Doctor. The medicine is not suitable for infants as it is contraindicated for children less than the age of 2 years.
Always consult a doctor before administering this medication to children.
Is Dart tablet available as an over the counter (OTC) product?
No, it is not available as an over the counter or an OTC product. It is a prescription drug. Buy only when prescribed by a qualified doctor.
Frequently asked questions
What to do if I overdose on Dart tablet ?
Never consume more than the prescribed/ recommended amount of any medicine. If you have taken more than the prescribed dose of Dart tablet, consider this as an emergency. Consult your doctor immediately. If the overdose symptoms are persistent after 3 days of stopping the medicine seek medical attention immediately.