What is Dazit?
Dazit is a branded medicine available in the form of film coated tablets, which is generally prescribed for the treatment and management of indications such as Allergic reactions, inflammation and Hay fever. It is manufactured and marketed by Sun Pharma Laboratories Limited and is available in the packaging of 10 tablets per strip which are administered orally.
- What is the generic name(s)?
- How does it work ?
- What are it’s uses ?
- How effective is this medicine ?
- What are the Side Effects ?
- What is the Dosage ?
- What are the precautions I need to take ?
- Is it safe to take if I am pregnant ?
- Is it safe to take if I am breast feeding ?
- Can this medicine be given to children and infants ?
- Is Dazit available as an over the counter (OTC) product?
- Frequently asked questions
What is the generic name (s)?
The active ingredient and generic component of Dazit tablet is Desloratadine. It is present in the strength of 5 mg in each tablet.
How does it work ?
If you are exposed to something you are allergic to – body reacts by producing chemical called histamine. Histamine causes the symptoms that we associate with allergy like hives and irritations.
Deslolratadine is from antihistamine class of medicines, is useful in combating allergic conditions. To fight the symptoms of allergy it inhibits the actions of a naturally occurring substance in the body called histamine.
What are it’s uses ?
Dazit is a general anti – allergic oral tablet. It is used in prevention, control and treatment of following diseases and conditions:
- Allergies in and around ears
- Allergic conditions and symptoms
- Seasonal allergic rhinitis
- Perennial allergic rhinitis
- Hay fever
- Dust or pet allergies
- Reddish itchy weals
- Swelling in the skin
- Inflammation of the mucous membrane of the nose
- Exercise-induced asthma
How effective is this medicine ?
This tablets are very effective in the treatment of all the diseases listed above, when taken in dosage and frequency as suggested by the Doctor.
What are the Side Effects ?
Below are the common side effects that can occur from Dazit medication. Please consult a doctor if you observe any of these side effects:
- Drowsiness including lassitude, dizziness and in-coordination
- Gastro-intestinal disturbances such as vomiting, nausea, diarrhea or constipation.
- Anorexia or increased appetite
- Blurred vision, dysuria, dryness of the mouth
- Tightness of the chest
- Hypo-tension, muscular weakness, tinnitus, euphoria and headache
- Insomnia, nervousness, tachycardia, tremors and convulsions
This list is not a comprehensive list of all the possible side effects of this drug.
Consult your doctor immediately if you develop any other medical conditions while using this medicine.
What is the Dosage ?
The commonly prescribed dosage for Dazit is described below:
- Adults: Single dose of 5 mg daily
- Children (above 6 years) : Single dose of 2.5 mg daily
- Children (below 6 years) : Take doctors advice
- Infants : Contraindicated
- Pregnancy : Contraindicated
- Breast Feeding : Contraindicated
The dosage for this tablets may vary with the patient’s age and the problem for which it is being administered.
Please consult with doctor to know about the correct dosage for the speedy recovery of the patient.
What are the precautions I need to take ?
Before using this medicine, consult your doctor or a healthcare expert if you have following conditions:
- You have difficulty urinating
- You have Glaucoma
- You have an enlarged prostate
- You have Liver disease
- You have sleep apnoea
- You are taking othe medications
- You have epilepsy
- You are taking any herbal preparation, or dietary supplements
- You have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
- If you have a fast, slow, or irregular heart beat
- If you have a history of asthma, lung problems, emphysema
- You have high blood pressure, heart problems, heart blood vessel problems
- You had a stroke
- Blockage of your stomach or intestines, a blockage of your bladder
- If you have trouble in urinating, seizures, or an overactive thyroid
This may not be a complete list of all interactions that may occur. Ask your doctor if Dazit may interact with other medicines that you take.
Is it safe to take if I am pregnant ?
No, it is not safe to use this medicine if you are pregnant or planning to get pregnant.
This medicine is classified by FDA as pregnancy category ‘C’ Risk not ruled out: Animal reproduction studies have shown an adverse effect on the fetus and there are no adequate and well-controlled studies in humans, but potential benefits may warrant use of the drug in pregnant women despite potential risks.
This medicine should not be used without consulting with your doctor if you are pregnant or are planning to be pregnant. Please share the actual status of your pregnancy with your doctor for the correct prescription of this medicine.
Is it safe to take if I am breast feeding ?
No, it is not safe to take Dazit if you are breast feeding or planning to start breast feeding. Consult with your doctor thoroughly if being prescribed for this medicine, as while breastfeeding this can get mixed with the blood and get transferred to the baby. This can result into bad or harmful effects.
Can this medicine be given to children and infants ?
No, Dazit tablets are not safe to be given to Children and Infants. However, it can be described to children in other formulations such as syrups and drops.
Desloratadine is contraindicated to be prescribed for infants and children below 6 months of age.
Is Dazit available as an over the counter (OTC) product?
No, this medicine is not available as an over the counter (OTC) product. It is a prescription medicine, which is to be prescribed by a qualified doctor only. Please consult with the doctor regarding correct dosage, timing and duration of use of this medicine. Please do not self-medicate yourself with this medicine.
Frequently asked questions
Immediately rush to your doctor or nearest health care center for advice.
Symptoms of overdose include mild to severe vomiting, nausea, cramps and diarrhea.
What to do if I missed a dose of this tablet ?
You can take the missed dose as soon as you remember it. If it is close to the time for your next dose, skip the missed dose. After that you can continue your normal time. Do not take 2 doses at the same time or extra doses.