What is Dermadew Cream?
Dermadew Cream is the brand name of a medicated antibacterial moisturizing cream, which is used in the management of different skin problems such as psoriasis and eczema. It is manufactured and marketed by Hegde and Hegde pharmaceutical LLC and is available in the packaging of 50 grams cream in each tube.
- What is the generic name(s)?
- How does it work ?
- What are it’s uses ?
- How effective is this medicine ?
- What are the Side Effects ?
- Is this medicine addictive?
- What happens if it over-applied and how to manage? ?
- What to do in case there is an allergic reaction with it? ?
- What is the Dosage ?
- What are the precautions I need to take ?
- Is it safe to take if I am pregnant ?
- Is it safe to take if I am breast feeding ?
- Can this medicine be given to children and infants ?
- Is Dermadew Cream available as an over the counter (OTC) product?
- Frequently asked questions
What is the generic name (s)?
Dermadew cream contains variety of herbal oils and moisturizer as listed below:
- Purified water
- Aloe barbadensis leaf juice (Aloe Vera)
- Pea extract
- Hypoxis rooperi extract
- Mushroom extract
- Hydrolysate of pearl
- Vitamin e
- Almond oil
- Olive leaf extract
How does it work ?
Aloe barbadensis is has natural antibacterial properties. It works by killing pathogens and restoring skin health.
Pea extracts are rich in phytonutrients and it has antibiotic and anti-inflammatory properties.
Hypoxis rooperi extract is an African plant, famous for reducing the pigmentation of skin.
Mushroom extracts are useful in clearing the skin pores and tighten the open pores.
Hydrolysate of pearl promotes the healing of blemishes and other skin problems, and it may help fight the signs of extrinsic aging.
Vitamin E is a natural moisturizer and it treats sunburns. It can also decrease pigmentation and reduce sign of aging from skin.
Almond oil is rich in antioxidants, protein and minerals. It has noncomedogenic properties.
Olive leaf is a rich source of antioxidants and it also has anti-hypertensive, anti-atherogenic, anti-inflammatory properties.
What are it’s uses ?
Dermadew cream can be administered for prevention, control and treatment of following diseases and conditions:
- Minor wounds
- Calluses and corns
- Skin diseases
- Skin redness
- Itchy rash on the skin or mouth
- Skin Infection
- Rashes caused by Reye’s syndrome
- Minor burns
- Skin abrasions
- Skin wounds
- Insect bites
- Dry skin
How effective is this medicine ?
Dermadew cream is a very effective medicine in the management of all the skin related disorders as mentioned above. One should use it after discussing the condition and other symptoms with a dermatologist.
What are the Side Effects ?
- Bowel discomfort
- Upset stomach
- Itchy rashes
- Itching or burning
- Skin irritations
- Peeling or flaking of the skin
- Pain or a burning or stinging sensations
If you experience any of these side effects, Inform your doctor immediately . This list is not a comprehensive list of all the possible side effects of this drug.
Consult your doctor immediately if you develop any other medical conditions while using this medicine.
Is Dermadew Cream addictive?
Habit forming tendencies for this medicine has not been reported. Most medicines don’t come with a potential for addiction. Government also categorizes medicines that can be addictive as controlled substances. Finally, do not self-medicate and increase your body’s dependence to medicines without taking the advice of a doctor.
What happens if Dermadew Cream over-applied and how to manage?
It is not recommended to use more than the prescribed dose. Taking more than the prescribed dose will not improve your symptoms, it may cause serious side-effects. If you suspect that you or anyone else who may have overdose, please go to the emergency department of the closest hospital. Do not give your used medicines to others. Please consult your physician or pharmacist or product package for more information.
What to do in case there is an allergic reaction with Dermadew Cream?
Some of the side effects of this medicine are skin irritation, rashes, and Inflammation.If you observe any of the above side effects, gently clean the affected area with cold water and have a cold compress on the affected area. Consult your doctor as soon as possible and take necessary remedies.
What is the Dosage ?
Dermadew cream should only be used exactly as recommended by your doctor. Doctor may suggest usage frequency depending on your medical history and other medical conditions, physical health and current medications. Typically advised usage is to apply this cream on the affected area of skin twice a day.
What are the precautions I need to take ?
While using this cream, following precautions should be exercised:
- Avoid contact with eyes
- Avoid if the patient has acute and/or systemic fungal infection
- Avoid exposing your skin to the sun as it may cause sun burns resulting in to darkening of the skin, given it rapidly exfoliates the skin.
- This cream is for external use only
- Avoid swallowing
- Monitor the effects actively if being used for long-term
- One should carefully read about all the ingredients of this cream to ensure that they should not cause any reaction or allergies.
- Use with caution if the patient is an elderly person
- Use with caution with patients (especially women), who have recently undergone any surgery
- For best results make sure to follow the instructions on how to use the product provided on the product.
- Use with caution if the patient is pregnant or planning to get pregnant
- Use with caution if the patient breast feeding a baby, or planning to start breast feeding.
Is it safe to take if I am pregnant ?
This cream is classified by FDA as pregnancy category ‘B’ No risk in other studies: Animal reproduction studies have failed to demonstrate a risk to the fetus and there are no adequate and well-controlled studies in pregnant women OR Animal studies have shown an adverse effect, but adequate and well-controlled studies in pregnant women have failed to demonstrate a risk to the fetus in any trimester.
Please consult your doctor or a healthcare expert before starting this medicine during pregnancy.
Is it safe to take if I am breast feeding ?
This medicinal cream may be contraindicated during breastfeeding. Avoid using it on or near breast area, there is a risk of this cream been swallowed by infant.
Please share your breastfeeding plans with your doctor if being prescribed by this medicine. The drug belongs to ‘L4′ category in lactation category of medicines. This cream may not be harmful to breast feeding women, but risk is there that it may affect the infant.
Can this medicine be given to children and infants ?
This medicine is not suitable for infants. But it can be prescribed to children over 2 years of age.
The usage and frequency of the medicine may vary depending on the age, medical history and the condition it is administered for of the child. Please consult a doctor before administering Dermadew cream for a child.
Is Dermadew Cream available as an over the counter (OTC) product?
Yes, Dermadew cream is available as an over the counter (OTC) product. Consult a dermatologist before using these cream.
Frequently asked questions
Can I use Dermadew cream on my open wounds ?
No, you should not apply this medicinal cream on open wounds. This cream is only for external use. Application of this cream on open wounds can worsen the wound and generate infections.