What is Dermadew soap ?
Dermadew soap is the brand name of a medicated antibacterial soap, which is used in the management of different skin problems and vitamin deficiency of skin. It is manufactured and marketed by Hegde and Hegde pharmaceutical LLC. It is available in the packaging of 70 grams bar soap per packet.
- What is the generic name(s)?
- How does it work ?
- What are it’s uses ?
- How effective is this medicine ?
- What are the Side Effects ?
- Is this product addictive?
- What happens if it over-applied and how to manage? ?
- What to do in case there is an allergic reaction with it? ?
- What is the Dosage ?
- What are the precautions I need to take ?
- Is it safe to take if I am pregnant ?
- Is it safe to take if I am breast feeding ?
- Can this medicine be given to children and infants ?
- Is Dermadew soap available as an over the counter (OTC) product?
- Frequently asked questions
What is the generic name (s)?
Dermadew soap contains variety of herbal oils and moisturizer as listed below:
- Palm oil
- Hypoxis rooperi extract
- Coconut oil
- Olive extract
- Kokum butter
- Mushroom extract
- Pea extract
- Salicylic acid
- Pearl protein
- Shea butter
How does it work ?
Palm oil is a natural moisturizing agent. It contains lot of vitamin E. It work by restoring the oil composition in skin.
Coconut oil also has moisturizing properties. It also clears dead cells and skin pores and removes dirt from skin.
Glycerin works by maintaining the hydration on skin and keeps the skin smooth and silky.
Aloe Vera is has natural antibacterial properties. It works by killing pathogens and restoring skin health.
Kokum butter works by maintaining elasticity. It also repairs damaged cells and prevent drying of skin.
What are it’s uses ?
Dermadew soap can be administered for prevention, control and treatment of following diseases and conditions:
- Vitamin a deficiency
- Calluses and corns
- Skin diseases
- Skin redness
- Itchy rash on the skin or mouth
- Skin Infection
- Rashes caused by Reye’s syndrome
- Minor burns
- Skin abrasions
- Skin wounds
- Insect bites
- Dry skin
How effective is this medicine ?
Dermadew soap is a very effective medicine in the management of all the skin related disorders as mentioned above. One should use it after discussing the condition and other symptoms with a dermatologist.
What are the Side Effects ?
- Bowel discomfort
- Upset stomach
- Itchy rashes
- Itching or burning
- Skin irritations
- Peeling or flaking of the skin
- Pain or a burning or stinging sensations
If you experience any of these side effects, Inform your doctor immediately. This list is not a comprehensive list of all the possible side effects of this drug.
Consult your doctor immediately if you develop any other medical conditions while using this medicine.
Is Dermadew soap addictive?
Habit forming tendencies for this soap has not been reported. Most products don’t come with a potential for addiction. The government also categorizes products that can be addictive as controlled substances. Finally, do not overuse and increase your body’s dependence on soaps without taking the advice of a doctor.
What happens if Dermadew soap over-applied and how to manage?
It is not recommended to use more than the prescribed dose. Taking more than the prescribed dose will not improve your symptoms, it may cause serious side-effects. If you suspect that you or anyone else who may have overdosed, please go to the emergency department of the closest hospital. Do not give your used medicines to others. Please consult your physician or pharmacist or product package for more information.
What to do in case there is an allergic reaction with Dermadew soap?
Some of the side effects of this medicine are skin irritation, rashes, and Inflammation. If you observe any of the above side effects, gently clean the affected area with cold water and have a cold compress on the affected area. Consult your doctor as soon as possible and take necessary remedies.
How to use this soap?
Dermadew soap should only be used exactly as recommended by your doctor. The doctor may suggest usage frequency depending on your medical history and other medical conditions, physical health and current medications. Typically advised usage is to wash the affected area of skin twice a day with this soap.
What are the precautions I need to take ?
While using this soap, following precautions should be exercised:
- This soap is for external use only
- Avoid swallowing
- Monitor actively if being used for long-term
- Avoid if the patient has acute and/or systemic fungal infection
- Use with caution if the patient is an elderly person
- Use with caution with patients (especially women), who have recently undergone any surgery
- Avoid exposing your skin to the sun as it may cause sun burns resulting in to darkening of the skin, given it rapidly exfoliates the skin.
- One should carefully read about all the ingredients of this soap to ensure that they should not cause any reaction or allergies.
- For best results make sure to follow the instructions on how to use the product provided on the product.
- Use with caution if the patient is pregnant or planning to get pregnant
- Use with caution if the patient breast feeding a baby, or planning to start breast feeding.
Is it safe to take if I am pregnant ?
This soap is classified by FDA as pregnancy category ‘B’ No risk in other studies: Animal reproduction studies have failed to demonstrate a risk to the fetus and there are no adequate and well-controlled studies in pregnant women OR Animal studies have shown an adverse effect, but adequate and well-controlled studies in pregnant women have failed to demonstrate a risk to the fetus in any trimester.
Please consult your doctor or a healthcare expert before starting this medicine during pregnancy.
Is it safe to take if I am breast feeding ?
This medicinal soap may be contraindicated during breastfeeding. Please share your breastfeeding plans with your doctor if being prescribed by this medicine. The drug belongs to ‘L4′ category in lactation category of medicines. This soap may not be harmful to breast feeding women, but risk is there that it may affect the infant.
Consult your doctor before using this medicine.
Can this medicinal soap be given to children and infants ?
This soap is not suitable to be used for infants.
This soap can be prescribed to children over 2 years of age.
The usage and frequency of the medicine may vary depending on the age, medical history and the condition it is administered for of the child. Please consult a doctor before administering Dermadew soap for a child.
Is Dermadew soap available as an over the counter (OTC) product?
Yes, Dermadew soap is available as an over the counter product (OTC). But it is suggested that you consult a dermatologist to know if you can use this medicinal soap on your skin or not.
Frequently asked questions
Can I use Dermadew soap to wash my open wounds ?
No, you should not apply this medicinal soap on open wounds. This soap is only for external use. Application of this soap on open wounds can worsen the wound and generate infections. You can use this soap once the wound is covered with skin.