What is Dexorange syrup?
Dexorange syrup is an oral supplement consisting of vitamins and minerals helpful in the case of anemia caused by excessive loss of blood. It is manufactured by Franco- Indian Pharmaceuticals Pvt. Ltd. It is available in the packaging of 200 ml per bottle.
- What is the generic name(s)?
- How does it work ?
- What are it’s uses ?
- How effective is this medicine ?
- What are the Side Effects ?
- What is the Dosage ?
- What are the precautions I need to take ?
- Is it safe to take if I am pregnant ?
- Is it safe to take if I am breast feeding ?
- Can this medicine be given to children and infants ?
- Is Dexorange syrup available as an over the counter (OTC) product?
- Frequently asked questions
What is the generic name (s)?
One table-spoon full of Dexorange syrup(approximately 15 ml) contains the below mentioned generics, also given are their respective strengths:
- Folic acid (vitamin b9) : 0.5 mg
- Cyanocobalamin : 7.5 mcg
- Ferric ammonium citrate : 160 mg
How does it work ?
Dexorange syrup produces new healthy blood cells, nerve cells and platelets in the patient’s body. It also improves the condition of the existing red blood cells. It also catalyses the vitamin consumption rejection in the body.
What are it’s uses ?
Dexorange syrup is useful in the management of the below listed indications:
- Folate deficiency
- Anemia due to folic acid deficiency
- Poor absorption of food
- Increased requirement of folate in the body during pregnancy
- Poor Diet
- Low number of red blood cells
- Stomach and intestine problems
- Permanent nerve damage
- Iron deficiency anemia
How effective is this medicine ?
Dexorange Syrup is a very effective medicine for all the conditions mentioned above, if it is taken in the correct dosage frequency for the prescribed period of time by the doctor
What are the Side Effects ?
Following are the commonly reported side effects of this Syrup:
- Loss of appetite
- Allergic rejection
- Bloating, stomach pain
- Bronchospasm, Difficult breathing
- Bitterness of mouth
- Gastrointestinal problems, Flatulence
- Nausea, Anxiety
- Persistent itchy rashes on skin
- Cold like symptoms, shivering
- Insomnia, Sleeping disturbances
- Dark or green stool
Consult your doctor if you feel any of the side-effects listed above.
What is the Dosage ?
Despite this syrup being an over the counter product, please consult a qualified doctor and follow his or her recommendations for the dosage of dexornage. Dosage will depend on the condition for which it has to be administered.
Self medicate can be dangerous. As instructed by doctors the recommended dose for this syrup is 1 to 2 tablespoon before going to sleep at night.
What are the precautions I need to take ?
While taking these syrups, following precautions should be taken :
- Ask a doctor about the required dosage and frequency for this medicine
- Take full course of treatment
- Do not take this medicine if you are allergic to any of the ingredients of this medicine or any of their excipients
- Consult your doctor before using this syrup, as it may increase sugar levels in blood
- Do not take this medicinal product after the expiry date stated on the carton package
- Tell your doctor if you are taking any medicine
- Tell your doctor if you are suffering from any disease
- Discuss your pregnancy and breastfeeding plan with a doctor before using the syrup
- Do not consume alcohol during medication
Is it safe to take if I am pregnant ?
Yes, it is safe to Dexorange syrup if you are pregnant or planning to get pregnant.
This medicine has been approved by US FDA with ‘A’ certificate in pregnancy category of medicines. The ‘A’ certificate means No risk in controlled human studies: Adequate and well-controlled human studies have failed to demonstrate a risk to the fetus in the first trimester of pregnancy (and there is no evidence of risk in later trimesters).
Is it safe to take if I am breast feeding ?
Yes, it is safe to take this syrup if you are breastfeeding or planning to start breast feeding. Tests have proven that the iron supplements and multivitamin present in the syrup are excreted in breast milk.
Can this medicine be given to children and infants ?
Yes, if prescribed by a qualified pediatrician, this medicine can be used for children and infants. Please consult with the dermatologist regarding the quantity , frequency and duration of dosage of the syrup for children and infants.
Is Dexorange syrup available as an over the counter (OTC) product?
Yes, Dexorange syrup is available as an over the counter (OTC) product. But it is suggested that you consult a doctor to know if you can use this medicine.
Frequently asked questions
Is it safe to give Dexorange syrup on a regular basis to a child ?
Yes, it is safe to take this syrup regularly for a child. This syrup in a commonly prescribed medicine in case of Anemia due to iron deficiency. It contains vitamin B12, Folic acid and Iron supplements.
However, it advised to conduct a Ferritin examination and serum Hemoglobin test to know about therapeutic requirement of the medicine.
Will the use of this syrup cause weight gain ?
No, this syrup will not cause weight gain. It is an iron supplement syrup, it will help in building hemoglobin levels in blood. But in case you are diabetic, take precaution while using this syrup. This syrup can increase the sugar levels in blood and complicate diabetes. Such patients can opt for tablet form of this drug.
What if i happen to miss a dose ?
You can take it if the time is not close for the next dose. Don’t take double dose in any case. Its always better to consult your doctor or a healthcare expert in such cases in order to avoid any bad or harmful effects.