What is Ecosprin 75 ?
Ecosprin 75 is the brand name for a film coated tablet which is mainly prescribed for the treatment of headache, and pain. This tablets are manufactured and marketed by USV Pharmaceuticals limited. Medicine is available in market in the packaging of 14 tablets per strip.
- What is the generic name(s)?
- How does it work ?
- What are it’s uses ?
- How effective is this medicine ?
- What are the Side Effects ?
- Is this medicine addictive?
- What if I miss the dose of this medicine ?
- Can I drive after taking this medicine ?
- Can this medicine be taken on an empty stomach ?
- Can I take this medicine with alcohol ?
- What is the Dosage ?
- What are the precautions I need to take ?
- Is it safe to take if I am pregnant ?
- Is it safe to take if I am breast feeding ?
- Can this medicine be given to children and infants ?
- Is Ecosprin 75 available as an over the counter (OTC) product?
- Frequently asked questions
What is the generic name (s)?
The active ingredient and generic for Ecosprin 75 tablet is Aspirin (acetyl salicylic acid). It is a non steroidal anti inflammatory drug, used for the treatment of pain and swelling.
Each tablet contains 75mg Aspirin.
How does it work ?
Aspirin belongs to a class of medicines called non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAID’s). It reduces the production of a chemical called prostaglandins. This chemical causes swelling and pain in body. The drug blocks the production and action of prostaglandins and relives the body pain and swelling.
Aspirin is also used as a blood thinner because of it’s anti-platelet property.
What are it’s uses ?
- Ear ache
- Tooth and jaw pain
- Headache and migraine
- Heart attack
- Muscular pain
- Menstrual pain and cramps
- Cold, flu and fever
- Bones and joints pain
- Swelling and inflammation
- Sore throat
- Blood clots
- Rheumatoid arthritis, Osteoarthritis
How effective is this medicine ?
Ecosprin 75 is a very effective medicine for all the conditions mentioned above, if it is taken in the correct dosage frequency for the prescribed period of time by the doctor.
What are the Side Effects ?
Following are the commonly reported side effects of Ecosprin 75:
- Breathing difficulties
- Skin rashes
- Anaphylactic shock
- Abdominal pain
- Heart burn
- Abnormal bleeding and bruising
Seek emergency medical help or consult a doctor immediately if you observe any serious or persistent side effects.
Is Ecosprin 75 addictive?
Habit forming tendencies for this medicine has not been reported. Most medicines don’t come with a potential for addiction. The government also categorizes medicines that can be addictive as controlled substances. Finally, do not self-medicate and increase your body’s dependence on medicines without taking the advice of a doctor.
What if I miss the dose of Ecosprin 75?
Can I drive after taking Ecosprin 75?
It is not safe to drive after taking this medicine if you experience dizziness or a headache as side effects. One should not drive a vehicle if using the medicine makes drowsy, dizzy or reduces your blood pressure. Please check for these conditions on your body while using this medicine.
Can Ecosprin 75 be taken on an empty stomach?
This medicine has to be taken after food. Please follow your doctor’s advice on how you to use this medicine.
Can I take Ecosprin 75 with alcohol?
Intake of this medicine with alcohol is not recommended. Alcohol intake with this medicine may intensify drowsiness. It is better to consult your doctor before consumption of this medicine. Pharmacists also suggest not to take alcohol while using this medicine.
What is the Dosage ?
The dosage of this tablet varies with the patient’s age, medical history and the problem for which it is being administered. For example, the typical dosage for adults is 1 tablet , twice a day.
Please consult with doctor to know about the correct dosage for the speedy recovery of the patient.
What are the precautions I need to take ?
- Avoid consuming grapefruit and it’s juice during aspirin medication as it can effect adversly.
- Take this medicine only if prescribed by the doctor
- Do not consume alcohol while taking this medicine
- Refrain from consuming alcohol for at least 3 days after the last dosage of this medicine
- Take full course of treatment
- Do not take this medicine if you are allergic to any of the ingredients of this medicine or any of their excipient
- Do not take this medicinal product after the expiry date stated on the carton package
- Tell your doctor if you are taking any medicine
- Tell your doctor if you are suffering from any disease
- Keep this medicine out of the reach of children.
Caution should be implied if the patient is :
- On any other prescribed or non-prescribed medication.
- Has a history of hemophilia, low blood platelets and other blood disorders.
- Suffering from anemia, von willebrand’s disease and thyroid disorders.
- Has a problem of enlarged prostates.
- If taking any anticoagulant.
- Has any Liver disease, gastrointestinal disease and blood clotting issues.
- Suffering from Crohn’s disease, cardiac problems and bruising.
- Pregnant or breastfeeding.
Is it safe to take if I am pregnant ?
This drug is classified by FDA as pregnancy category ‘C’ Risk not ruled out: Animal reproduction studies have shown an adverse effect on the fetus. There are no adequate and well-controlled studies in humans. But potential benefits may allow use of the drug in pregnant women despite potential risks.
Consult a doctor before administering this medicine to a pregnant woman.
Is it safe to take if I am breast feeding ?
No, it is not safe to take Ecosprin 75 tablets if you are breast feeding or planning to start breast feeding.
However, while using as an anti-platelet agent, lactating mother can take small dose of aspirin.
Salicylic acid can excrete through breast milk. Higher dosage of aspirin will increase the concentration of salicylic acid in breast milk. This can be harmful for nursing infants.
Consult you doctor before taking this medication if you are nursing an infant.
Can this medicine be given to children and infants ?
No, this tablets should not be given to infants. It is well suited for children of age more than two years only. Please consult with your doctor to better understand about this medicine.
Is Ecosprin 75 available as an over the counter (OTC) product?
No, Ecosprin 75 is not available as an over the counter or an OTC product. It is a prescription drug. It must be prescribed by a qualified doctor.
Frequently asked questions
How to store this medicine?
This medicine should be stored in a dry place protected from heat and direct light. For more information on how to store please refer to the instructions mentioned on the packaging of this tablet.
How long should I take this medicine?
For duration of taking Ecosprin 75 tablets, it is better to get it prescribed from your doctor , as it varies from case to case.
What if i happen to miss a dose of Ecosprin 75 tablet?
You can take it if the time is not close for the next dose. Don’t take double dose in any case. Its always better to consult your doctor in such cases in order to avoid any bad or harmful effects.