What is Evion Lc?
Evion Lc is the brand name of a film coated oral tablets. These tablets are used as a dietary supplement (for the deficiency of vitamin E) in improving skeletal-muscular function. It is also helpful in the treatment of muscular pain. It is manufactured by Merck Ltd. It is available in the packaging of 10 tablets in a strip.
- What is the generic name(s)?
- How does it work ?
- What are it’s uses ?
- How effective is this medicine ?
- What are the Side Effects ?
- What is the Dosage ?
- What are the precautions I need to take ?
- Is it safe to take if I am pregnant ?
- Is it safe to take if I am breast feeding ?
- Can this medicine be given to children and infants ?
- Is Evion Lc available as an over the counter (OTC) product?
- Frequently asked questions
What is the generic name (s)?
Evion Lc has the following generic components given below along with their strengths present in one tablet:
- Tocopheryl acetate : 200 mg
- L-Carnitine-L-Tartarate eq to Levocarnitine : 150 mg
How does it work ?
This medicine is broadly an anti-oxidant .This tablet enhances the patient’s condition by triggering the following functions on the body:
- Carnitine synthesis in the body.
- Checking down the processes that are damageable to cells.
What are it’s uses ?
These tablets are useful in the management of the below listed medical conditions:
- Deficiency of Vitamin E
- Cystic Muscle cramps
- Carnitine deficiency
- Valproate toxicity
- Heart condition that affects infants and children
- Heart attack
- Chest pain
- Intermittent claudication for the management of improvement of skeletal muscle function.
How effective is this medicine ?
Yes, this medicine is very effective for all the conditions mentioned above. It has to be taken in the correct dosage, frequency and for the right period/ duration of time. Please consult with your doctor or a qualified health expert for the correct diagnosis of the problem.
What are the Side Effects ?
The side-effects are a rare case for this medication. However, listed below are some commonly reported side-effects of this medication:
- Skin rashes and/or other allergic reactions
- Abnormal drop in the level of blood sugar
- Bleeding problem
- Bone pain
- Abdominal cramps
What is the Dosage ?
The general dosage of this medicine is one to two tablets in a day. It is advised to consult with your doctor regarding the correct dosage as per the patient’s condition, along with the duration of course of this tablet.
What are the precautions I need to take ?
A patients should take following precautions while taking these oral tablets:
- If the patient is a pregnant or nursing woman, as there has been no sufficient study on L-carnitine as of now.
- Keep this tablets away from the reach of children and pets.
- Avoid overdosage and always take this medicine in prescribed dosage only.
- There should be a close watch on the level of glucose in the blood
- There can be risks of bleeding
- Please do ensure that the patient is not allergic to any of the generic component of this tablet.
Is it safe to take if I am pregnant ?
Yes, this medicine is safe to use with caution if you are pregnant or planning to be pregnant. This medicine has been approved by US FDA with ‘A’ certificate in pregnancy category of medicines.
The ‘A’ certificate means that this tablets are not proven to be harmful for fetus. However it is advised to consult your doctor and discuss your status of pregnancy before taking this medicine.
Is it safe to take if I am breast feeding ?
Yes, these tablet are safe to take if you are breastfeeding or planning to start breastfeeding a baby. Please consult a general physician or a doctor and share your plans of breast feeding before taking this medicine.
Can this medicine be given to children and infants ?
Yes, this medicine can be given to children and infants. The dosage for children please consult with a qualified doctor.
Is Evion Lc available as an over the counter (OTC) product?
Yes, Evion LC is available as an over the counter product. But it is suggested that you consult your doctor before using this medicine.
Frequently asked questions
What are the storage precautions for Evion Lc Tablet ?
One should take following precautions in storage of these tablets:
- This medicine can be stored at room temperature, away from heat and direct sun light.
- Do not freeze medicines.
- Keep medicines away from children and pets.
- Prevent the accidental consumption by kids.
- Please consult your pharmacist or doctor for more details on how to safely store this medicine.
What should I do in case of Over-dosage on it ?
Firstly, never ever take any medicine in higher dosage than the prescribed dose. Taking more dosage than prescribed dosage may cause poisoning or serious side effects.
If you suspect that you may have taken an overdose of Evion Lc, consider it an emergency. Immediately reach to hospital/ nursing center near you.
Never share/ give you prescribed medicines with other people, Even if they have the same condition or it seems that they have similar symptoms. This can lead to over-dosage or medicine poisoning.
Are Evion LC and Evion 400 the same?
Yes, they are same. If prescribed, you can take can take either of the medicines.
Can Evion Lc cause stomach acidity ?
Yes, The LC in this medicine stands for Levocarnitine and it can cause acidity in stomach. If you are on regular dosage of Evion Lc and feeling increased acidity in stomach, you can switch to Evion 400. Also try to avoid oily and spicy foods, maintain a balanced diet to reduce the acidity.