What is Ibugesic Plus?
Ibugesic Plus is an oral prescription medicine used in the treatment of fever, headache and pains. It is manufactured and marketed by Cipla Ltd. This medicine is available as both tablet and suspension, in packaging of 15 tablets per strip, and as suspension, in the packaging of 100 ml per bottle.
- What is the generic name(s)?
- How does it work ?
- What are it’s uses ?
- How effective is this medicine ?
- What are the Side Effects ?
- What is the Dosage ?
- What are the precautions that need to be taken ?
- Is it safe to take If I am pregnant ?
- Is it safe to take if I am breast feeding ?
- Can this medicine be given to Children ?
- Is Ibugesic Plus available as over the counter (OTC) product?
- Frequently asked questions
What is the generic name (s)?
Ibugesic Plus has the following generic composition as being described below along with their strengths in both forms:
- per Tablet : Ibuprofen (200 mg) + Paracetamol (325 mg)
- per 5 ml Suspension : Ibuprofen (100 mg) + Paracetamol (162.5 mg)
How does it work ?
The working of Ibugesic Plus can be understood by the collective action of each of its two generic component, as being described below:
- Ibuprofen : This is from the family of medicines called nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs). It hinders the formation of a type of natural substance called prostaglandin. During pain this substance is released in the body and hence, Ibuprofen relieves the pain caused by it.
- Paracetamol : It is an analgesic or in simple terms a painkiller and also a fever reducing antipyretic. Basically it raises the threshold level of pain and acts on that region of brain which regulates the body temperature. This causes an increase in the flow of blood throughout the skin, along with heat loss and sweating.
What are it’s uses ?
It is quite useful in various problems, though sometimes alone and sometimes in combination with other medicines. These are collectively being listed below:
- pain during the menstrual cycle and pain during menstruation (dysmenorrhea)
- body pain
- mild to moderate ear pain
- mild to moderate pain in the nerve (neuralgia)
- in the management of fever, feverish colds, and flu and symptoms of cold and influenza
- mild to moderate backache
- dental pain
- mild to moderate pain in the joints and muscles
- migraine (one-sided headache)
How effective is this medicine ?
Ibugesic Plus is a very effective medicine for all the conditions mentioned above. It has to be taken in the correct dosage ,frequency and for the right period/duration of time. Please consult with your doctor for the correct diagnosis of the problem. This would help in the selection of correct form of this medicine.
What are the Side Effects ?
Ibugesic Plus has the following commonly reported side-effects:
- Allergic reactions such as shortness of breath
- Skin reddening
- Abnormalities of blood cells like abnormal blood cell counts
- Swollen facial features
- Liver damage
- Bloating and gas
- Runny nose
- Ringing in ears
What is the Dosage ?
The dosage of Ibugesic Plus shall depend on the form (tablet or suspension) as prescribed by the doctor. This also varies with patient’s age and the medical condition being managed.Please consult with the doctor regarding the course and duration of administration of this medicine.
Generally adults may be prescribes with tablets and children may be prescribed with suspension.
What are the precautions that need to be taken ?
Precaution should be exercised if the patient has any of the following medical conditions:
- Currently under other blood thinning medicines
- allergic to the generic components
- kidney and/or liver problems
- sleeping disorders
- high cholesterol
- Systemic Lupus Erythematosus
- stomach ulcers
- high blood pressure
- kawasaki syndrome
- bleeding disorders
- stomach problems
Avoid if patient is a child with viral,infections, flu and chickenpox.
Please share your current medications, if any, with the doctor to avoid any unwanted reactions or bad effects.
Avoid caffeine-based beverages and preferably take this medicine with food to avoid upsetting of stomach
Is it safe to take If I am pregnant ?
No, it is not safe to take this medicine if you are pregnant. Please consult with your doctor to better understand about this medicine.Please do not self-medicate with this medicine.
Is it safe to take if I am breast feeding ?
No, it is not safe to take this medicine if you are breast feeding. Please consult with your doctor to better understand about this medicine.
Please do not self-medicate with this medicine.
Can this medicine be given to Children and infants?
Yes, only after consulting with the doctor the correct variant of this medicine can be given to children and infants.
No, it is not safe to be given to infants. Never give without doctor’s consultation.
Is Ibugesic Plus available as an over the counter (OTC) product?
No, Ibugesic Plus is not available as an over the counter or an OTC product. It is a prescription drug. It must be prescribed by a qualified doctor.
Frequently asked questions
Is it safe to take this medicine while consuming alcohol?
No, it is not safe to take this medicine with alcohol. Always consult with your doctor if the situation seems unavoidable.
What if i happen to miss a dose?
You can take it if the time is not close for the next dose. Don’t take double dose in any case. Its always better to consult your doctor in such cases in order to avoid any bad or harmful effects.
How to store this medicine?
This medicine has to be stored in a cool and dry place ( 15 to 30 degree Celsius), protected from light, away from the reach of children and pets. It is advised to use an air-tight container for the storage of this medicine. Also, discard the medicine post its expiry date.