What is keto soap ?
Keto soap is a medicated soap which has anti-fungal action and also used for other skin conditions. It is manufactured and marketed by Med Manor Organics Pvt Ltd. It is available in the packaging of 50 grams bar soap per packet.
- What is the generic name(s)?
- How does it work ?
- What are it’s uses ?
- How effective is this medicine ?
- What are the Side Effects ?
- Is this medicine addictive?
- What happens if it over-applied and how to manage? ?
- What to do in case there is an allergic reaction with it? ?
- What is the Dosage ?
- What are the precautions I need to take ?
- Is it safe to take if I am pregnant ?
- Is it safe to take if I am breast feeding ?
- Can this medicine be given to children and infants ?
- Is Keto soap available as an over the counter (OTC) product?
- Frequently asked questions
What is the generic name (s)?
Keto soap contains Ketoconazole as active ingredient in following proportion
- Ketoconazole(2% w/w)
How does it work ?
Ketoconazole basically stops the formation of fungi cell membrane by inhibiting the enzyme cytochrome P450 14α-demethylase which coverts lanestrol into enastrol which is helpful in formation of cell membrane formation.
What are it’s uses ?
Dermadew soap can be administered for prevention, control and treatment of following diseases and conditions:
- Fungal Infections and Yeast Infections Of Skin like Athlete’s foot, jock itch, ringworm, and seborrhea
- Treatment of dandruff
Here is a video show’s how to use keto soap
How effective is this medicine ?
Keto soap is a very effective medicine in the management of all the skin related disorders as mentioned above. One should use it after discussing the condition and other symptoms with a dermatologist.
What are the Side Effects ?
Though very rare but some of the reported side-effects of this medicine include:
- Itchy rashes
- Itching or burning
- Skin irritations
- Peeling or flaking of the skin
- Pain or a burning or stinging sensations
- severe itching,
- Oily Scalp
- Dry scalp,
- hair loss;
- Redness pain,
- Skin peeling
- eye redness
- nausea and vomiting
- burning sensation,
If you experience any of these side effects, Inform your doctor immediately . This list is not a comprehensive list of all the possible side effects of this drug.
Consult your doctor immediately if you develop any other medical conditions while using this medicine.
Is Keto soap addictive?
Habit forming tendencies for this medicine has not been reported. Most medicines don’t come with a potential for addiction. Government also categorizes medicines that can be addictive as controlled substances. Finally, do not self-medicate and increase your body’s dependence to medicines without taking the advice of a doctor.
What happens if Keto soap over-applied and how to manage?
It is not recommended to use more than the prescribed dose. Taking more than the prescribed dose will not improve your symptoms, it may cause serious side-effects. If you suspect that you or anyone else who may have overdose, please go to the emergency department of the closest hospital. Do not give your used medicines to others. Please consult your physician or pharmacist or product package for more information.
What to do in case there is an allergic reaction with Keto Soap ?
Some of the side effects of this medicine are skin irritation, rashes, and Inflammation.If you observe any of the above side effects, gently clean the affected area with cold water and have a cold compress on the affected area. Consult your doctor as soon as possible and take necessary remedies.
How to use this soap ?
Keto soap should only be used exactly as recommended by your doctor. Doctor may suggest usage frequency depending on your medical history and other medical conditions, physical health and current medications. Typically advised usage is to wash the affected area of skin twice a day with this soap.
What are the precautions I need to take ?
While using this soap, following precautions should be exercised:
- Persons with Hypersensitivity and liver diseases
- Ongoing use of, terfenadine or astemizole and cisapride drugs
- This soap is for external use only
- his soap is for external use only
- Avoid swallowing
- Monitor actively if being used for long-term
- Avoid if the patient has acute and/or systemic fungal infection
- Use with caution if the patient is an elderly person
- Use with caution with patients (especially women), who have recently undergone any surgery
- Avoid exposing your skin to the sun as it may cause sun burns resulting in to darkening of the skin, given it rapidly exfoliates the skin.
- One should carefully read about all the ingredients of this soap to ensure that they should not cause any reaction or allergies.
- For best results make sure to follow the instructions on how to use the product provided on the product.
- Use with caution if the patient is pregnant or planning to get pregnant
- Use with caution if the patient breast feeding a baby, or planning to start breast feeding.
Is it safe to take if I am pregnant ?
FDA pregnancy category C. It is not known whether ketoconazole topical will harm an unborn baby. Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant while using this medication.
It is not known whether ketoconazole topical passes into breast milk or if it could harm a nursing baby. Do not use this medication without telling your doctor if you are breast-feeding a baby. You should not breast-feed if you have applied ketoconazole topical to your breast area.
Please consult your doctor or a healthcare expert before starting this medicine during pregnancy.
Is it safe to take if I am breast feeding ?
This medicinal soap may be contraindicated during breastfeeding. Yes, it is safe to take in the recommended dosage if one is breastfeeding & there are no reports of any problems occurring.This soap may not be harmful to breast feeding women, but risk is there that it may affect the infant.
Consult your doctor before using this medicine.
Can this medicinal soap be given to children and infants ?
This soap is not suitable to be used for infants.
This soap can be prescribed to children over 12 years of age.
The usage and frequency of the medicine may vary depending on the age, medical history and the condition it is administered for of the child. Please consult a doctor before administering keto soap for a child.
Is keto soap available as an over the counter (OTC) product?
No, keto soap is available as an over the counter product (OTC). But it is suggested that you consult a dermatologist to know if you can use this medicinal soap on your skin or not.
Frequently asked questions
Can I use keto soap to wash my open wounds ?
No, you should not apply this medicinal soap on open wounds. This soap is only for external use. Application of this soap on open wounds can worsen the wound and generate infections. You can use this soap once the wound is covered with skin.
Is ketoconazole an antibiotic?
This is not an antibiotic it is an antifungal agent
Can ketoconazole cause hair loss/dry skin?
Yes, ketoconazole may cause hair loss and drying of the skin
Is this a steroidal soap?
No this is not steroidal soap