What is Krimson 35 ?
Krimson 35 is a branded oral contraceptive formulation, manufactured and marketed by Sun Pharma Laboratories Limited. This drug is a combination of estrogen and anti-androgen (progestin) and is an highly effective oral contraceptive . This medicine is available in a cyclic tablet dispenser of 21 tablets.
- What is the generic name(s)?
- How does it work ?
- What are it’s uses ?
- How effective is this medicine ?
- What are the Side Effects ?
- Is this medicine addictive?
- What if I miss the dose of this medicine ?
- Can I drive after taking this medicine ?
- Can this medicine be taken on an empty stomach ?
- Can I take this medicine with alcohol ?
- What is the Dosage ?
- What are the precautions I need to take ?
- Is it safe to take if I am pregnant ?
- Is it safe to take if I am breast feeding ?
- Can this medicine be given to children and infants ?
- Is Krimson 35 available as an over the counter (OTC) product?
- Frequently asked questions
What is the generic name (s)?
It contains estrogen (Ethinyl Esstradiol) and progestin (Cyproterone) which prevents the release of eggs from the ovaries and change the lining of the womb to prevent pregnancy.
The composition of these hormones per tablet is as followed:
- Ethinyl Estradiol : 0.035 mg
- Cyproterone : 2.000 mg
How does it work ?
Krimson 35 Days is a combined Hormonal contraceptive pill.
Ethinyl Estradiol is a synthetic form of female hormones responsible for the maintenance and development of menstruation cycles.
Cyproterone is an anti-androgen drug. It works by stopping the actions of male hormones during intercourse and prevent conception.
What are it’s uses ?
Krimson 35 is an oral contraceptive and it is generally prescribed to prevent pregnancy and in some cases this drug is also prescribed for the treatment of diseases and conditions listed below:
- Polycystic ovaries
- Recurrent miscarriage
- Menopause and related problems
- Delayed puberty in woman
- Menstrual pain and cramps
- Failure in development of ovaries
- Breast cancer
- Dysfunctional uterine bleeding
- Abnormal growth of hair on women’s face and body
- Fragility of bones
- Prostate cancer
- Inflammation of vagina
- Loss of bone mass
- Increased sex drive in men
How effective is this medicine ?
These tablets are very effective and safe contraceptive option, if taken regularly in proper cycle.
What are the Side Effects ?
Commonly reported side-effects from new users of this medicine includes following :
- Lower Stomach pain
- Delayed menstruation
- Sudden bleeding/ spotting
- Breast tenderness
- Acne and pimples
- Water retention
- Weight gain
- Mood swings
All these symptoms are temporary and disappear overtime with regular use of these tablets.
However, in some cases this drug can cause serious implications.Consult your doctor immediately if you are facing any of the following issues after the use of this medicine:
- Uterine hemorrhage
- Infections in uterus
- Unusual tiredness
- Vomiting with weakness and nausea
- Excessive vaginal bleeding
- Gasrto-intestinal cramps
- Severe headache and Anxiety
Is Krimson 35 addictive?
Habit forming tendencies for this medicine has not been reported. Most medicines don’t come with a potential for addiction. The government also categorizes medicines that can be addictive as controlled substances. Finally, do not self-medicate and increase your body’s dependence on medicines without taking the advice of a doctor.
What if I miss the dose of Krimson 35?
Can I drive after taking Krimson 35?
It is not safe to drive after taking this medicine if you experience dizziness or a headache as side effects. One should not drive a vehicle if using the medicine makes drowsy, dizzy or reduces your blood pressure. Please check for these conditions on your body while using this medicine.
Can Krimson 35 be taken on an empty stomach ?
This medicine has to be taken after food. Please follow your doctor’s advice on how you to use this medicine.
Can I take Krimson 35 with alcohol?
Intake of this medicine with alcohol is not recommended. Alcohol intake with medicine mayintensifys drowsiness .It is better to consult your doctor before consumption of this medicine. Pharmacists also suggest not to take alcohol while using this medicine.
What is the Dosage ?
The dosage for Krimson 35 begin with 1 tablet from the first day of Menstrual cycle. Then one tablet each day for 20 days, followed by 7 days without taking the tablet.
If you want to continue the course of this contraceptive again, start with the new strip from 8th day since you took the tablet last.
What are the precautions I need to take ?
- Take this medicine only if prescribed by the doctor
- Take full course of treatment
- Do not take this medicinal product after the expiry date stated on the carton package
- Tell your doctor if you are taking any medicine
- Tell your doctor if you are suffering from any disease
- Keep this medicine out of the reach of children.
Don’t take this medicine if :
- You are allergic to any of the ingredients of this medicine or any of their excipients
- You had a uterus removal surgery or problem related to uterus
- You have a history of blood clots
- You suspect having, currently are suffering or have a history of breast cancer, cancer of vagina, cervical cancer
- You have any heart related problems including high blood pressure.
- You have migraine with aura
- You have abnormal vaginal bleeding without a known cause
- You are pregnant or if you think you may be pregnant
Is it safe to take if I am pregnant ?
No, This drug is not safe to administer to pregnant women.
Estradiol / Cyproterone been assigned to pregnancy category ‘X’ by the FDA, which implies that the medicine is Contraindicated in pregnancy: Studies in animals or humans have demonstrated fetal abnormalities and/or there is positive evidence of human fetal risk based on adverse reaction data from investigational or marketing experience, and the risks involved in use of the drug in pregnant women clearly outweigh potential benefits.
Is it safe to take if I am breast feeding ?
It can be unsafe to take if you are breast feeding or are planning for breast feeding. Consult with a doctor if you are breastfeeding or planning to start breastfeeding before using this medicine.
Can this medicine be given to children and infants ?
No, Krimson 35 should not be given to children and infants. This medicine is only for adult women to use as an regular contraceptive. Keep this tablet away from the reach of children. If a child accidentally takes this tablet, rush him immediately to your doctor.
Is Krimson 35 available as an over the counter (OTC) product?
No, Krimson 35 is not available as an over the counter (OTC) product. It is a prescription medicine. So it is advised that you should only take this medicine if your doctor prescribes.
Frequently asked questions
Can Krimson 35, cause breast cancer ?
No, there are no reported cases of breast cancer caused due to this drug, but do not take this drug, if you have any history of breast cancer.
If more than 12 hours had passed since the scheduled time of taking the pill you missed, then follow the instructions below:
Case 1: If it happens in 1st or 2nd week of pills, use extra contraceptive precautions for the next 7-8 days.
Case 2: If you missed to take a pill in the last week of cycle, start the next course of dosage straightaway and do not have a pill-free week. No extra precautions needed, finish the newly started course normally. At the end of the cycle, stop and have a break as normal.
It is more dangerous to miss a pill in later weeks of the cycle than in the earlier weeks. Make a strict schedule to take these pills.
You might find this article interesting Polybion Syrup, is it safe? Use, side-effects, dosage