What is Livogen Z?
Livogen Z tablet is a vitamin and mineral combination.This is brand of tablet is manufactured by MERCK Pharmaceuticals available in shape of capsule but in tablet form in 10 tablets for a strip.
- What is the generic name(s)?
- How does it work ?
- What are it’s uses ?
- How effective is this medicine ?
- What are the Side Effects ?
- Is this medicine addictive?
- What if I miss the dose of this medicine ?
- Can I drive after taking this medicine ?
- Can this medicine be taken on an empty stomach?
- Can I take this medicine with alcohol ?
- What is the Dosage ?
- What are the precautions I need to take ?
- Is it safe to take if I am pregnant ?
- Is it safe to take if I am breast feeding ?
- Can this medicine be given to children and infants ?
- Is Livogen Z Tab available as an over the counter (OTC) product?
- Frequently asked questions
What is the generic name (s)?
Livogen Z Tab contain combination of vitamins and minerals there compositions are which is given below
- Ferrous fumarate 152 mg,
- Folic acid 750 mcg,
- Zinc sulphate monohydrate 61.8 mg
How does it work ?
Livogen Z Tab which is vitamin mineral complex helps in treatment of Iron deficiency and anemia during pregnancy, vitamin mineral defiency and also now a days used in prevention of certain kind of disease like tuberclosis and some skin diseases
Zinc also play a vital role in synthesis of the nucleic acids and nucleoproteins. Zinc also affects the growth of tissues and damage repair in tissues.
Ferrous Fumarate is a compound of Iron and is an essential nutrient in the body. It is used in prevention and treatment of diseases caused by iron deficiency.
Folic Acid is a type of Vitamin B which helps in the formation of DNA and in the production of red blood cells. It also lowers the risk of heart problems. It plays a major role in avoiding birth abnormalities and helps in proper development and functioning of the brain.
What are it’s uses ?
There are many uses of Livogen Z Tab as vitamin mineral nutrient complex.
- Treatment of Anemia,
- During pregnancy,
- Iron deficiency in pregnant women,
- For Eye And Ear Wash,
- Poor Absorption Of Food,
- Anemia Due To Folic Acid Deficiency,
- Poor Diet.
How effective is this medicine ?
This medicine is a very powerful and effective medicine in treating in deficiency of vitamins mineral and helps in treatment certain diseases and against health indications discussed above.
What are the Side Effects ?
Livogen Z Tab can cause following side-effects:
Minerals in overdose may lead this side effects as
- Stomach Cramps
- Allergic Rejection
- tooth staining,
- increased urination,
- stomach bleeding,
- uneven heart rate,
- muscle weakness
- upset stomach Loss of appetite
- Allergic rejection
- Stomach ache
If side effects persist consult the doctor.
Is Livogen Z addictive?
Habit forming tendencies for this medicine has not been reported. Most medicines don’t come with a potential for addiction. Government also categorizes medicines that can be addictive as controlled substances. Finally, do not self-medicate and increase your body’s dependence to medicines without taking the advice of a doctor.
What if I miss the dose of Livogen Z?
Can I drive after taking Livogen Z?
It is not safe to drive after taking this medicine if you experience dizziness or headache as side effects. One should not drive a vehicle if using the medicine makes drowsy, dizzy or reduces your blood-pressure. Please check for these conditions on your body while using this medicine.
Can Livogen Z be taken on an empty stomach ?
This medicine should be taken after food. Please follow your doctor’s advice on how you to use this medicine.
Can I take Livogen Z with alcohol ?
This medicine should not be taken while having alcohol. It may intensifies drowsiness.It is better to consult your doctor before consumption of this medicine. Pharmacists also suggest not to take alcohol while using this medicine.
What is the Dosage of Livogen Z Tab ?
Take as directed by your doctor.
The usual dose of this drug is one tablet in the morning with breakfast may vary on condition of the patient
What are the precautions I need to take ?
You should take following precautions while administering this medicine:
- Vitamin and mineral supplements can interact with certain other medications tell the doctor if you also on other medication like antibiotics,antacids,NSAIDs, diuretics etc.,
- Do not crush or chew the capsule/tablet
- The expiry date printed on the pack has passed.
- The packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering.
- Tell your doctor if you are taking any medicine
- Tell your doctor if you are suffering from any disease
- Keep this medicine out of the reach of children
Is it safe to take if I am pregnant ?
Yes, it is safe to take in the recommended dosage if one is pregnant & there are no reports of any problems occurring. Though no studies have been conducted on humans and animals to find out any problems which might occur on having this capsule during pregnancy.
An overdose of vitamins A, D, E, or K can cause serious or life-threatening side effects if taken in large doses.Folic acid, Vitamin E and Vitamin C can be beneficial to pregnant women but Elemental Zinc and Calcium may harm the fetus. Please consult with a gynecologist before starting this capsule.
Consult a doctor before administering this medicine to a pregnant woman.
Is it safe to take if I am breast feeding ?
Yes, it is safe to take in the recommended dosage if one is breast feeding & there are no reports of any problems occurring. Please consult with your doctor before starting this capsule.
There is not any well established study or proof that if Livogen Z passes through the breast milk and affects the quality of milk; or if it could be harmful for the nursing infant.
If your breast feeding or planning to start breast feeding, consult a doctor before using this medicine.
Can this medicine be given to children and infants ?
As this is capsule it may difficult for children to swallow so should for alternative of liquid form of multivitamin which will be easy for children and infants .Consult with a doctor regarding the frequency and the dosage of the drug.
Is Livogen Z Tab available as an over the counter (OTC) product?
Livogen z tab is available as an over the counter or an OTC product.consult the doctor before taking the medicine.
Frequently asked questions
what frequency do I need to use Livogen Z Tab ?
The usual dose of this tablet is one per day or as prescribed by doctor.
What to do if took in case I took an overdose of this medicine ?
Do not take overdose of this drug taking more than prescribed dose may lead to adverse effects than quick healing.
Immediately rush to your doctor or nearest health care center for advice.
Symptoms of overdose include mild to severe vomiting, nausea, cramps .
What are the storage precautions for this medicine?
- You should take following precautions for storing this tablets:
- Keep the tablets in the original pack until it is time to take them.
- Keep the pack in a cool dry place.
- Do not store medicine in the bathroom or near a sink.
- Avoid direct contact with sunlight.
- Keep it away from the reach of children and pets.
- If the expiry date on the pack is passed, ask a pharmacist about ways of discarding it.