What is Meganeuron od plus?
Meganeuron od plus capsule is a complex of multivitamin,with Mecobalamin, Alpha lipoic acid.This is brand of capsule is manufactured by Otsira (Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd.) available in 10 capsules in a strip.
- What is the generic name(s)?
- How does it work ?
- What are it’s uses ?
- How effective is this medicine ?
- What are the Side Effects ?
- Is this medicine addictive?
- What if I miss the dose of this medicine ?
- Can I drive after taking this medicine ?
- Can this medicine be taken on an empty stomach?
- Can I take this medicine with alcohol ?
- What is the Dosage ?
- What are the precautions I need to take ?
- Is it safe to take if I am pregnant ?
- Is it safe to take if I am breast feeding ?
- Can this medicine be given to children and infants ?
- Is Meganeuron od plus available as an over the counter (OTC) product?
- Frequently asked questions
What is the generic name (s)?
Meganeuron od plus contain combination of vitamins and other nutrients and there compositions are which is given below
- Biotin -5 mg
- Methylcobalamin- 1500 mcg
- Pyridoxine hydrochloride- 5 mg
- Benfotiamine -50 mg
- Folic acid -5 mg
- Alpha lipoic acid -200 mg
How does it work ?
Meganeuron od plus which is multi vitamin mineral nutrient complex helps in treatment of vitamin mineral deficiency and also now a days used in prevention of certain kind of diseases
Folic Acid is a type of Vitamin B which helps in the formation of DNA and in the production of red blood cells. It also lowers the risk of heart problems. It plays a major role in avoiding birth abnormalities and helps in proper development and functioning of the brain.
Pyridoxine which vitamin b6 helps in maintaining healthy nervous system,RBC and body skin.It can be naturally found in the diet so if found deficient treated with pyridoxine.
Biotin which is Vitamin B complex works towards the restoration of normalcy in various metabolic functions. Different types of vitamin act in their specific case, like the water soluble vitamins help in the metabolism of Carbohydrates, alcohol and branched chain amino acids. Folic acid works for nucleoprotein synthesis and normal erythropoiesis.Biotin also use in diabetes people suffering from diabetes have seen lower levels of biotin if biotin taken the lower blood sugar levels are seen.
Benfotiamine is like thiamine which is B1 vitamin helps in pain reduction and treatment of diabetic complications, neuropathies ,nephropathies through oral administration
What are it’s uses ?
There are many uses of Meganeuron od plus as vitamin mineral nutrient complex.
Used in treatment Diabetic and for Hypertensive patients
- Cardiac system – cardiac contractability is improved. Blood circulation is improved to end organs countering atherosclerosis.
- Nervous system- nervous conduction and velocity is improved with methylcobalamine. It decreases the nervous pain and improves neuropathy.
- Blood cells- increases red blood cell count along with white blood cells- improves immunity.
- Improves sleep cycles and decreases the incidence of insomnia. There are so many beneficial affects on Neuro and hormonal system
Other uses some help in improvement of blood circulation and oxygen saturation,central nervous system improvement,increase in calcium absorption,metabolizing of proteins ,fats etc. depression treatment, production of blood cells and blood platelets, supplements sufficiency of mg in body ,helps in production of antibodies,activating enzymes and carbohydrate metabolism etc,maturing of RBC cells in body and improvement in conditions diabetes mellitus etc
How effective is this medicine ?
This medicine is a very powerful and effective medicine in treating in deficiency of vitamins mineral and helps in treatment certain diseases and against health indications discussed above.
What are the Side Effects ?
Meganeuron od plus can cause following side-effects:
Common side effects are:
- upset stomach Loss of appetite
- Allergic rejection
- Stomach ache
Is Meganeuron od plus addictive?
Habit forming tendencies for this medicine has not been reported. Most medicines don’t come with a potential for addiction. Government also categorizes medicines that can be addictive as controlled substances. Finally, do not self-medicate and increase your body’s dependence to medicines without taking the advice of a doctor.
What if I miss the dose of Meganeuron od plus?
Can I drive after taking Meganeuron od plus?
It is not safe to drive after taking this medicine if you experience dizziness or headache as side effects. One should not drive a vehicle if using the medicine makes drowsy, dizzy or reduces your blood-pressure. Please check for these conditions on your body while using this medicine.
Can Meganeuron od plus be taken on an empty stomach ?
Most of the reports states that this medicine has to be taken after food. Please follow your doctor’s advice on how you to use this medicine.
Can I take Meganeuron od plus with alcohol ?
Intake of this medicine with alcohol is not reported. How ever alcohol intake with medicine may intensifies drowsiness.It is better to consult your doctor before consumption of this medicine. Pharmacists also suggest not to take alcohol while using this medicine.
What is the Dosage of Meganeuron od plus?
Take as directed by your doctor.
The usual dose of this drug is one tablet per day.As mentioned on OD on tablet means once daily Or as directed by doctor.
What are the precautions I need to take ?
You should take following precautions while administering this medicine:
- Vitamin and mineral supplements can interact with certain other medications tell the doctor if you also on other medication like antibiotics,antacids,NSAIDs,diuretics etc.,
- Do not crush or chew the capsule/tablet
- The expiry date printed on the pack has passed.
- The packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering.
- Tell your doctor if you are taking any medicine
- Tell your doctor if you are suffering from any disease
- Keep this medicine out of the reach of children
Is it safe to take if I am pregnant ?
Yes, it is safe to take in the recommended dosage if one is pregnant & there are no reports of any problems occurring. Though no studies have been conducted on humans and animals to find out any problems which might occur on having this capsule during pregnancy.
An overdose of vitamins can cause serious or life-threatening side effects if taken in large doses.
Is it safe to take if I am breast feeding ?
Yes, it is safe to take in the recommended dosage if one is breast feeding & there are no reports of any problems occurring. Please consult with your doctor before starting this capsule.
There is not any well established study or proof that if Meganeuron od plus passes through the breast milk and affects the quality of milk; or if it could be harmful for the nursing infant.
If your breastfeeding or planning to start breast feeding, consult a doctor before using this medicine.
Can this medicine be given to children and infants ?
As this is capsule it may difficult for children to swallow so should for alternative of liquid form of multivitamin which will be easy for children and infants .Consult with a doctor regarding the frequency and the dosage of the drug.
Is Meganeuron od plus available as an over the counter (OTC) product?
Meganeuron od plus is available as an over the counter or an OTC product.consult the doctor before taking the medicine.
Frequently asked questions
what frequency do I need to use Meganeuron od plus Tablet?
The usual dose of this tablet is one per day or as prescribed by doctor.
Is this taken on empty stomach or before/after taking food?
should be taken with breakfast or as prescribed by doctor
What to do if took in case I took an overdose of this medicine ?
Do not take overdose of this drug taking more than prescribed dose may lead to adverse effects than quick healing.
Immediately rush to your doctor or nearest health care center for advice.
Symptoms of overdose include mild to severe vomiting, nausea, cramps and diarrhea.
What are the storage precautions for this medicine?
You should take following precautions for storing this tablets:
- Keep the tablets in the original pack until it is time to take them.
- Keep the pack in a cool dry place.
- Do not store medicine in the bathroom or near a sink.
- Avoid direct contact with sunlight.
- Keep it away from the reach of children and pets.
- If the expiry date on the pack is passed, ask a pharmacist about ways of discarding it.