What is Nadoxin Cream?
Nadoxin cream is a branded medicated cream, usually prescribed for the treatment of acne and bacterial infections of skin. This cream is manufactured and marketed by Wockhardt Limited. This cream is available in the packaging of 10 gm per tube.
- What is the generic name(s)?
- How does it work ?
- What are it’s uses ?
- How effective is this medicine ?
- What are the Side Effects ?
- Is this medicine addictive?
- What happens if it over-applied and how to manage? ?
- What to do in case there is an allergic reaction with it? ?
- What is the Dosage ?
- What are the precautions I need to take ?
- Is it safe to take if I am pregnant ?
- Is it safe to take if I am breast feeding ?
- Can this medicine be given to children and infants ?
- Is Nadoxin Cream available as an over the counter (OTC) product?
- Frequently asked questions
What is the generic name (s)?
The generic component of nadoxin cream is Nadifloxacin Topical. It belongs to the second generation of fluoroquinolone antibacterial. It is present in the strength of 1% w/w in each tube. It has antibacterial properties.
How does it work ?
Fluoroquinolone antibacterials work by breaking the double-stranded DNA, and by preventing the production DNA gyrase enzyme. DNA gyrase enzyme is necessary for pathogens and bacterias to replicate and grow. Nadifloxacin topical stops the synthesis of DNA gyrase and hence prevent the bacteria from growing and spreading the infection.
What are it’s uses ?
This cream is used in the prevention, control and treatment of Acne vulgaris, Topical Acne, Folliculitis and pimples.
How effective is this medicine ?
Nadoxin Cream is a very effective topical cream for all the conditions mentioned above. It is used in the correct way for the suggested period and frequency as advised by an expert. For best results make sure to follow the instructions on how to use the product provided on the product.
What are the Side Effects ?
Some commonly reported side-effects of generic components of Nadoxin cream are being described below:
- Tenderness in the skin
- Scaling and mild burning
- Skin redness due to allergic reaction
- Mild skin irritation
- Inflammation, burning
- Erythema & stinging
- Changes in color of skin
- Dryness in the skin
- Facial swelling
- Blisters at the cream applied area
- Darkening of the color of the skin
- Thickening of the skin
- Reaction at the cream applied area
Is Nadoxin Cream addictive?
Habit forming tendencies for this medicine has not been reported. Most medicines don’t come with a potential for addiction. Government also categorizes medicines that can be addictive as controlled substances. Finally, do not self-medicate and increase your body’s dependence to medicines without taking the advice of a doctor.
What happens if Nadoxin Cream over-applied and how to manage?
It is not recommended to use more than the prescribed dose. Taking more than the prescribed dose will not improve your symptoms, it may cause serious side-effects. If you suspect that you or anyone else who may have overdose, please go to the emergency department of the closest hospital. Do not give your used medicines to others. Please consult your physician or pharmacist or product package for more information.
What to do in case there is an allergic reaction with Nadoxin Cream?
Some of the side effects of this medicine are skin irritation, rashes, and Inflammation.If you observe any of the above side effects, gently clean the affected area with cold water and have a cold compress on the affected area. Consult your doctor as soon as possible and take necessary remedies.
What is the Dosage ?
The quantity of Nadoxin cream to be applied for the particular skin condition and also the frequency of application per day has to be as per Dermatologist’s prescription. Also, one must not exceed the duration (in terms of number of days) of the use of this cream.
What are the precautions I need to take ?
- Take this medicine only if prescribed by the doctor
- Take full course of treatment
- Avoid exposure to sunlight
- Avoid exposure to UV rays
- Apply suncreen on the treated area
- Do not take this medicine if you are allergic to any of the ingredients of this medicine or any of their excipients
- This cream is for external use only
- Avoid swallowing this cream
- Use carefully around eyes, avoid direct contact with eyes
- Do not take this medicinal product after the expiry date stated on the carton package
- Tell your doctor if you are taking any medicine
- Tell your doctor if you are suffering from any disease
- Keep this medicine out of the reach of children
- If you are on any other prescribed or non-prescribed medication
- Pregnant or breastfeeding
- Has a history of seizures and blood vessel issues.
Is it safe to take if I am pregnant ?
No, this medicine is not safe to take if you are pregnant or planning to get pregnant.
Nadoxin cream belongs to pregnancy category ‘N’, FDA has not yet classified the drug into a specified pregnancy category.
Please consult your gynecologists or a qualified doctor before administering this drug to a pregnant woman.
Is it safe to take if I am breast feeding ?
This medicine is relatively safe to use while breast feeding. But it should not be applied any where near breast. Make sure the baby doesn’t come in to contact with the cream. Please use this medicine only when clearly needed.
Consult a doctor to know if this cream is safe for you.
Can this medicine be given to children and infants ?
Since Nadoxin cream is prescribed in acne treatment, usually it is not needed for children. However, if needed this cream can be prescribed to children under strict supervision. This medicine is not suitable for infants.
Is Nadoxin Cream available as an over the counter (OTC) product?
No, this cream is not available as an over the counter product. It is prescription medicine and has to be prescribed by a qualified dermatologist. Please consult a dermatologist regarding of the cream cream is suitable for you and correct dosage.
Frequently asked questions
Can I use this cream on my open wounds ?
No, you should not apply this medicinal cream on open wounds. This cream is only for external use. Applying this cream on open wounds can worsen the wound and generate infections.
Can I apply it as many times I want in a day?
No, that will be harmful for the skin. Generally it is advised to be used twice or thrice in a day. Please follow your dermatologist’s instructions on this.
How long this cream can be used continuously?
This cream should not be used for more than 6 weeks straight in a row. Please follow your dermatologist’s instruction on this.
How one should store Nadoxin cream ?
This cream should be stored in an air-tight container at room temperature, protected from heat. Please keep it away from the reach of children and pets. Also, discard the remaining medicine after its expiry date has passed.