What is Nexito Forte?
Nexito Forte is a branded medicine available in the form of film coated tablets, which is generally prescribed for the treatment and management of indications such as seizures, depression and other neurological disorders. It is manufactured and marketed by Sun Pharma Laboratories Limited and is available in the packaging of 10 tablets per strip which are administered orally.
- What is the generic name(s)?
- How does it work ?
- What are it’s uses ?
- How effective is this medicine ?
- What are the Side Effects ?
- Is this medicine addictive?
- What if I miss the dose of this medicine ?
- Can I drive after taking this medicine ?
- Can this medicine be taken on an empty stomach ?
- Can I take this medicine with alcohol ?
- What is the Dosage ?
- What are the precautions I need to take ?
- Is it safe to take if I am pregnant ?
- Is it safe to take if I am breast feeding ?
- Can this medicine be given to children and infants ?
- Is Nexito Forte available as an over the counter (OTC) product?
- Frequently asked questions
What is the generic name (s)?
The active ingredients and generic components and their composition in eacth tablet of Netxito forte is listed below:
- Clonazepam — 0.5 mg
- Escitalopram — 10 mg
How does it work ?
Clonazepam belongs to ‘Benzodiazepines’ group of medicines. It works by activating gamma amino butyric acid which calms the nerve activity responsible for seizure and panic disorders.
Escitalopram is an antidepressant. It belongs to ‘Selective serotonine reuptake inhibitors’ groups of medicines. It works by affecting the serotonin levels in brain.
What are it’s uses ?
This tablets can be administered in management of following diseases and conditions:
- Memory loss
- Obsesive compulsive disorder
- Mental disorder
- Major depressive episodes
- Anxiety disorder
- Panic disorder
- Absence infantile spasms
How effective is this medicine ?
Nexito Forte tablets are very effective in the treatment of all the diseases listed above, when taken in dosage and frequency as suggested by the Doctor.
What are the Side Effects ?
Below are the common side effects that can occur from Nexito Forte medication. Please consult a doctor if you observe any of these side effects:
- Muscle pain
- Blurred, cloudy vision
- Frequent urination
- Joint pain
- Drowsiness including lassitude, dizziness and in-coordination
- Gastro-intestinal disturbances such as vomiting, nausea, diarrhea or constipation.
- Anorexia or increased appetite
- Dysuria, dryness of the mouth
- Tightness of the chest
- Hypo-tension, muscular weakness, tinnitus, euphoria and headache
- Insomnia, nervousness, tachycardia, tremors and convulsions
This list is not a comprehensive list of all the possible side effects of this drug.
Consult your doctor immediately if you develop any other medical conditions while using this medicine.
Is Nexito Forte addictive?
Habit forming tendencies for this medicine has not been reported. Most medicines don’t come with a potential for addiction. Government also categorizes medicines that can be addictive as controlled substances. Finally, do not self-medicate and increase your body’s dependence to medicines without taking the advice of a doctor.
What if I miss the dose of Nexito Forte?
Can I drive after taking Nexito Forte?
It is not safe to drive after taking this medicine if you experience dizziness or headache as side effects. One should not drive a vehicle if using the medicine makes drowsy, dizzy or reduces your blood-pressure. Please check for these conditions on your body while using this medicine.
Can Nexito Forte be taken on an empty stomach ?
According to many reports, this medicine has to be taken after food. Please follow your doctor’s advice on how you to use this medicine.
Can I take Nexito Forte with alcohol ?
Intake of this medicine with alcohol is not recommended. Alcohol intake with medicine may intensify drowsiness.It is better to consult your doctor before consumption of this medicine. Pharmacists also suggest not to take alcohol while using this medicine.
What is the Dosage ?
The dosage of Nerito Forte tablet varies with the patient’s age and the problem for which it is being administered. For example, the typical dosage for adults is 1 tablet, twice a day.
Please consult with a doctor to know about the correct dosage for the speedy recovery of the patient.
What are the precautions I need to take ?
- If you are Pregnant or planning to get pregnant
- If you are breast feeding an infant or planning to start breast feeding
- Take this medicine only if prescribed by the doctor
- Do not take this tablet if you are on any other prescribed or non-prescribed medication
- Take full course of treatment
- Do not take this medicine if you are allergic to any of the ingredients of this medicine or any of their excipient
- If you have any Liver disease, gastrointestinal disease and sinus congestion
- Do not take this medicinal product after the expiry date stated on the carton package
- Tell your doctor if you are taking any medicine
- Tell your doctor if you are suffering from any disease
- Keep this medicine out of the reach of children
- Drink plenty of liquids during medication
Is it safe to take if I am pregnant ?
No, it is not safe to use Nexito Forte if you are pregnant or planning to get pregnant.
This medicine is classified by FDA as pregnancy category ‘C’ Risk not ruled out: Animal reproduction studies have shown an adverse effect on the fetus and there are no adequate and well-controlled studies in humans, but potential benefits may warrant use of the drug in pregnant women despite potential risks.
This medicine should not be used without consulting with your doctor if you are pregnant or are planning to be pregnant. Please share the actual status of your pregnancy with your doctor for the correct prescription of this medicine.
Is it safe to take if I am breast feeding ?
No, it is not safe to take Nexito Forte if you are breast feeding or planning to start breast feeding. Consult with your doctor thoroughly if being prescribed for this medicine, as while breastfeeding this can get mixed with the blood and get transferred to the baby. This can result into bad or harmful effects.
Can this medicine be given to children and infants ?
Nexito Forte should not be given to infants.
This medicine should not be given to children, unless advised by the doctor.
Is Nexito Forte available as an over the counter (OTC) product?
No, Nexito Forte is not available as an over the counter (OTC) product. It is a prescription medicine, which is to be prescribed by a qualified doctor only. Please consult with the doctor regarding correct dosage, timing and duration of use of this medicine. Please do not self-medicate yourself with this medicine.
Frequently asked questions
Immediately rush to your doctor or nearest health care center for advice.
Symptoms of overdose include mild to severe vomiting, nausea, cramps and diarrhea.
What to do if I missed a dose of this tablet ?
You can take the missed dose as soon as you remember it. If it is close to the time for your next dose, skip the missed dose. After that you can continue your normal time. Do not take 2 doses at the same time or extra doses.