What is Nucoxia MR?
Nucoxia Mr is the brand name a film coated medicinal tablet, prescribed for the treatment of joint pain, muscle and muscular stiffness. This tablets are manufactured and marketed by Zudius Cadila limited. It is available in the packaging of 10 tablets per strip.
- What is the generic name(s)?
- How does it work ?
- What are it’s uses ?
- How effective is this medicine ?
- What are the Side Effects ?
- What is the Dosage ?
- What are the precautions I need to take ?
- Is it safe to take if I am pregnant ?
- Is it safe to take if I am breast feeding ?
- Can this medicine be given to children and infants ?
- Is Nucoxia MR available as an over the counter (OTC) product?
- Frequently asked questions
What is the generic name (s)?
The active ingredient and generic salts present in this tablets are listed below:
- Etoricoxib —- 60 Mg per Tablet
- Thiocolchicoside —- 8 mg per Tablet
How does it work ?
Etoricoxib is a non steroidal anti inflammatory medicine. It works by reducing the production of a chemical called prostaglandins and cyclo-oxygenase 2 (cox2). This chemical causes swelling and pain in body. The drug blocks the production and action of prostaglandins and relives the body pain and swelling.
Thiocolchicoside is a muscle relaxant drug. It works against a chemical known as GABA (gama amino-butyric acis). Thiocolchicoside is a synthetic derivative of colchicoside, which is naturally produced in the body to reduce inflammation and swelling of the muscles. It relaxes the muscle from pain and swelling.
What are it’s uses ?
Nucoxia MR tablet is administered in the prevention, control and treatment of following diseases and conditions:
- Muscles pain
- Joint pain
- Ankylosing Spondylitis
- Muscles swelling
- Joint swelling
- Back Pain
- Muscles stiffness in muscle diseases
- Mild to moderate pain during dental operations
- Muscles stiffness in nerve diseases
- Muscles stiffness in the joint diseases
- Muscles stiffness in spinal
How effective is this medicine ?
This tablet is very effective in the management of all the pain, fever and inflammatory disorders as mentioned above. One should use it after discussing the condition and other symptoms with a qualified doctor.
What are the Side Effects ?
The following list is a comprehensive list of all the possible side effects of this drug. Some of the side effects may occur very rarely. If you experience any of these side effects, inform your doctor immediately.
- Allergic reactions, papilations
- Diarrhea, Vomiting and nausea
- Abnormality in blood cells and blood count
- Weight gain or weight loss
- Acute renal tubular necrosis
- Breathlessness, shortened breath, and Anxiety
- Muscular weakness, Dizziness
- Platelet deficiency in blood
- Rashes, Blister or bullae on skin
- Irritation and itching
- Abdominal pain, Constipation, gas and other GI disorders
- Headache, heartburn and acidity
- High blood pressure and hypersensitivity
- Liver toxicity, Liver damage and increased level of liver enzymes
- Swelling of ears and eyes, rashes and itching on face
Consult your doctor if you develop any other medical conditions while using this medicine.
What is the Dosage ?
The dosage of This tablet should be as prescribed by the doctor. This also varies with patient’s age and the medical condition being managed. Please consult with the doctor regarding the course and duration of administration of this medicine.
Generally, an adults may be prescribed with 2 tablets per day. The medicine is not advised for minors and elderly patients.
What are the precautions I need to take ?
One should take following precaution before start taking this medicine:
- Should not take these medicine unless prescribed by a qualified doctor.
- If reduction in dosage is possible, reduction should be gradual.
- Do not take Nucoxia MR if you have Kidney or liver disease.
- Do not take this tablet if you have any gastrointestinal ulcers
- Do not take if you are allergic to Etoricoxib or any any other component of this medicine.
- This medicine is not suitable for infants and children
- Should not use this medicine for prolonged time.
- Keep the medicine in room temperature and avoid contact with direct sunlight.
- Tell your doctor if you are on any other prescribed or non-prescribed medication
- Do not take this medicine If you are breast feeding or planning to start breast feeding
- Do not take this medicine If you are Pregnant or planning to get pregnant
- Do not take this medicine if you are suffering from any cardiac ailments
- Drink at least 4 liters of water everyday during Nucoxia MR medication
This medicine may impair ability to drive or operate machinery, so avoid doing tasks which require your focused attention.
Is it safe to take if I am pregnant ?
No, Nucoxia MR is not safe to take if you are pregnant or planing to get pregnant.
This drug is classified by FDA as pregnancy category ‘X’ Contraindicated in pregnancy: Studies in animals or humans have demonstrated fetal abnormalities and/or there is positive evidence of human fetal risk based on adverse reaction data from investigational or marketing experience, and the risks involved in use of the drug in pregnant women clearly outweigh potential benefits.
Consult a doctor before administering this medicine to a pregnant woman.
Is it safe to take if I am breast feeding ?
Nucoxia MR may affect the quality and quantity of the breast milk, So, it is not advised to administer this drug to lactating mothers, unless advised by the doctor otherwise.
Can this medicine be given to children and infants ?
This drug should be kept out of sight and reach of children and infants.
This medicine should not be given to children and infants. This medicine is contraindicated from use in adolescents and children below 16 years of age. If a child accidentally takes this tablet, rush him immediately to your doctor.
Is Nucoxia MR available as an over the counter (OTC) product?
No, Nucoxia MR is not available as an over the counter product and requires a prescription from a doctor.
Frequently asked questions
What if i happen to miss a dose of Nucoxia MR tablet?
You can take it if the time is not close for the next dose. Don’t take double dose in any case. Its always better to consult your doctor in such cases in order to avoid any bad or harmful effects.
Is this drug FDA approved or banned from use?
Yes, this drug is FDA approved, but it is banned from use in Canada. In India this drug is sold in the market but only when prescribed by a qualified doctor.