What is Nurokind Plus ?
Nurokind Plus is the brand name for a soft gelatin coated vitamin B-complex capsule, used in the treatment of anemia and as an nutritional supplement. This capsule is manufactured and marketed by Mankind Pharma Ltd. This capsule is to administered orally and it is available in the packaging of 10 capsules per strip.
- What is the generic name(s)?
- How does it work ?
- What are it’s uses ?
- How effective is this medicine ?
- What are the Side Effects ?
- What is the Dosage ?
- What are the precautions I need to take ?
- Is it safe to take if I am pregnant ?
- Is it safe to take if I am breast feeding ?
- Can this medicine be given to children and infants ?
- Is Nurokind Plus available as an over the counter (OTC) product?
- Frequently asked questions
What is the generic name (s)?
This medicine contains a mix of minerals and supplements composed in following quantities per capsule:
- Mecobalamin ———— 1500 mcg
- Pyridoxine ———— 3 mg
- Folic acid (Vitamin B9) ———— 1.5 mg
- Alpha Lipoic acid ———— 100 mg
How does it work ?
Mecobalamin is vitamin B12 in a neurologically active form. It works by increasing the production of erythrocytes in blood. Mecoblamin also stimulates the bone marrow to produce more nucleic acids required for maturation and division of erythrocytes.
Pyridoxine is a coenzyme which helps in reduction-oxidation (Redox) reactions in the tissues respiration system.
Folic acid works to have good health for cells like red blood cells. It is needed to to manage and prevent low levels of folate in the body. It is vitamin B9 and it is used as a supplement and in treatment of diseases cause by Folate deficiency. Folic acid in absorbed by the small intestine and then it binds with plasma proteins.
Alpha Lipoic acid in an antioxidant. It prevents the damage to certain kind of cell in body and restore the levels of vitamin E & C. It also improves the neuron function in Diabetes.
What are it’s uses ?
This capsule is used in the prevention, control and treatment of following disease and conditions:
- Folate deficiency
- Anemia due to folic acid deficiency
- Poor absorption of food
- Loss of sensation
- Diabetic Neuropathy
- Poor Diet
- Low number of red blood cells
- Stomach and intestine problems
- Permanent nerve damage
- Iron deficiency anemia
- Severe muscle tightness in Adjunct therapy
- Liver disorders
- Cancer and HIV
How effective is this medicine ?
Nurokind plus is a very effective capsule for all the conditions mentioned above. It is very well suited for neurological problems and nerve damages, etc. For best results it should be taken under medical supervision in terms of dosage and duration of intake after due consultation with a doctor.
What are the Side Effects ?
Below are the common side effects that can occur from Nurokind Plus medication. Please consult a doctor if you observe any of these side effects:
- Loss of appetite
- Allergic rejection
- Bloating, stomach pain
- Bronchospasm, Difficult breathing
- Bitterness of mouth
- Gastrointestinal problems, Flatulence
- Nausea, Anxiety
- Persistent itchy rashes on skin
- Cold like symptoms, shivering
- Insomnia, Sleeping disturbances
- Dark or green stool
What is the Dosage ?
Despite this oral capsule being an over the counter product, regarding the dosage of Nurokind Plus, please consult with a doctor as it will depend on the condition for which it has to be administered.For best results take it for the duration suggested by the doctor.
What are the precautions I need to take ?
While taking Nurokind plus capsules, following precautions should be taken :
- Tell your doctor if you are suffering from any Liver disease and Thyroid disorders
- Ask a doctor about the required dosage and frequency for this medicine
- Take full course of treatment
- Do not take this medicine if you are allergic to any of the ingredients of this medicine or any of their excipients
- Do not take this medicinal product after the expiry date stated on the carton package
- Tell your doctor if you are taking any medicine
- Discuss your pregnancy and breastfeeding plan with a doctor before using the capsule
- Do not consume alcohol during medication
Is it safe to take if I am pregnant ?
This drug is classified by FDA as pregnancy category ‘C’ Risk not ruled out: Animal reproduction studies have shown an adverse effect on the fetus and there are no adequate and well-controlled studies in humans, but potential benefits may warrant use of the drug in pregnant women despite potential risks.
It should not be taken if you are pregnant or are planning to be pregnant. Please share the actual status of your pregnancy with your doctor for the correct prescription of this medicine.
Is it safe to take if I am breast feeding ?
No, it is not safe to take Nurokind Plus during breastfeeding. Please share your breastfeeding plans with your doctor if being prescribed by this medicine. The drug belongs to ‘L5′ category in lactation category of medicines and it has a high risk of causing significant damage to an infant.
Can this medicine be given to children and infants ?
This medicine should not be given to infants.
This medicine should not be given to children, unless advised by the doctor.
Is Nurokind Plus available as an over the counter (OTC) product?
Yes, Nurokind Plus capsule is available as an over the counter or OTC product. But it is advised to consult with the doctor for the particular case related information and regarding its correct dosage, timing and duration of use.
Frequently asked questions
Can I take this capsule for pain relief ?
No, Nurokind plus is a vitamin B complex capsule. It will not work immediately and will not relieve your from pain. Consult to doctor and take a prescription for analgesic medication.
Can this be taken for iron deficiency?
No, it is not known to be used to manage iron deficiency. Also , iron is not an ingredient of this capsule.