What is Rablet D?
Rablet D is a branded gelatin coated capsule which is mainly prescribed for the treatment of gastro-esophageal reflux disease (GERD) and acid refluxes. This capsule is manufactured and marketed by Lupin limitet and is available in the packaging of 10 capsule per strip.
- What is the generic name(s)?
- How does it work ?
- What are it’s uses ?
- How effective is this medicine ?
- What are the Side Effects ?
- Is this medicine addictive?
- What if I miss the dose of this medicine ?
- Can I drive after taking this medicine ?
- Can this medicine be taken on an empty stomach?
- Can I take this medicine with alcohol ?
- What is the Dosage ?
- What are the precautions I need to take ?
- Is it safe to take if I am pregnant ?
- Is it safe to take if I am breast feeding ?
- Can this medicine be given to children and infants ?
- Is Rablet D available as an over the counter (OTC) product?
- Frequently asked questions
What is the generic name (s)?
Active ingredients and generics for this capsule and their composition in each capsule is listed below:
- Domperidone —– 30 mg
- Rabeprazole Sodium —– 20 mg
How does it work ?
Domperidone is an ‘anti-emetic’ medicine. This medicine works by inhibiting the effects of serotonin in the small intestine walls. It also stimulates the particular part of brain which is responsible for nausea and vomiting.
Rabeprazole Sodium is a Proton-pump inhibitor drug. It works by inhibiting the action of proton pump and decreases the amount acid produce in the stomach, thus it normalize the acidity of stomach and maintains the digestion and flora in stomach.
What are it’s uses ?
- Ulcer in the small intestine
- Gastric ulcers
- Nausea caused due to Indigestion
- Heart burn
- Heavy bloating
- Fullness of stomach
- Esophageal mucosal injury
- Gastrin-secreting tumor
- Belching and heavy bloating
How effective is this medicine ?
Rablet D is a very effective medicine for all gastro-intestinal conditions mentioned above, if it is taken in the correct dosage frequency for the prescribed period of time by the doctor.
What are the Side Effects ?
Some of the commonly reported side effects from Rablet D medication are being listed below:
- Elevated liver enzymes
- Breast tenderness and pain in breasts
- Decreased libido
- Loss of appetite
- Gross bleeding/perforation
- Cold and flu like symptoms
- Frequent urination
- Drug dependency
- Skin rash
- Ringing in the ear
- Abnormal kidney function
- Cardiac arrest
- Abnormal heart rhythm
- Blurred and cloudy vision
- Abdominal pain
- Anemia and increased bleeding time.
Consult your doctor if you develop any other medical conditions while using this medicine.
This list is not a comprehensive list of all possible side-effects. Report to your doctor if you develop any other symptoms or discomfort.
Is Rablet D addictive?
Habit forming tendencies for this medicine has not been reported. Most medicines don’t come with a potential for addiction. Government also categorizes medicines that can be addictive as controlled substances. Finally, do not self-medicate and increase your body’s dependence to medicines without taking the advice of a doctor.
What if I miss the dose of Rablet D?
Can I drive after taking Rablet D?
It is not safe to drive after taking this medicine if you experience dizziness or headache as side effects. One should not drive a vehicle if using the medicine makes drowsy, dizzy or reduces your blood-pressure. Please check for these conditions on your body while using this medicine.
Can Rablet D be taken on an empty stomach ?
Yes, this medicine can be taken before food. Please follow your doctor’s advice on how you to use this medicine.
Can I take Rablet D with alcohol ?
This medicine should not be taken while having alcohol. It may further cause damage to your stomach. It is better to consult your doctor before consumption of this medicine. Pharmacists also suggest not to take alcohol while using this medicine.
What is the Dosage ?
The dosage of this capsule varies with the patient’s age, medical history and the problem for which it is being administered. Generally prescribed typical dosage for adults is 1 capsule, twice a day.
Please consult with a doctor to know about the correct dosage & frequency of medication for the speedy recovery of the patient.
What are the precautions I need to take ?
- Take this medicine only if prescribed by the doctor
- Take full course of treatment
- Do not take this medicine if you are allergic to any of the ingredients of this medicine or any of their excipient
- Do not take this medicinal product after the expiry date stated on the carton package
- Tell your doctor if you are taking any medicine
Before using Rablet D capsule, one should take precautions for all the below mentioned medical conditions:
- Renal or hepatic impairments
- High blood pressureStomach ulcers
- Crohn’s disease
- Blockage if the intestines
- Heart problems
- Moderate to severe Liver disease
- Fungal infections
- In taking in antibiotic
- Risk of cardiac arrhythmia
- High Cholesterol
- Hematological abnormalities
- History of heart failure
- Alcohol dependent patients
- mild cardiac impairment
- Elders (Age 60+ years)
- Pregnant women
- Breast feeding women
This medicine may impair ability to drive or operate machinery, so avoid doing tasks which require your focused attention.
Is it safe to take if I am pregnant ?
This drug is classified by FDA as pregnancy category ‘B’ No risk in other studies: Animal reproduction studies have failed to demonstrate a risk to the fetus and there are no adequate and well-controlled studies in pregnant women OR Animal studies have shown an adverse effect, but adequate and well-controlled studies in pregnant women have failed to demonstrate a risk to the fetus in any trimester.
Consult your gynecologist before administering Rablet D capsule. Please, do not self medicate.
Is it safe to take if I am breast feeding ?
There is not any well established study or proof that if Domperidone or Rabeprazole passes through the breast milk and affects the quality of milk; or if it could be harmful for the nursing infant.
If your breast feeding or planning to start breast feeding, consult a doctor before using this medicine.
Can this medicine be given to children and infants ?
No, Rablet D capsules are contraindicated to be given to children below 12 years of age.
This medicine is not intended to used for infants. This medicine can not only be harmful but also dangerous for them. Please consult your doctor to understand more about the use of this medicine.
Is Rablet D available as an over the counter (OTC) product?
No, Rablet D capsule is not available as an over the counter or OTC product. It is a prescription medicine. When being prescribed, please consult with the doctor regarding correct dosage, timing and duration of use of this medicine.
Frequently asked questions
Antacids on the other hand, doesn’t affect the production of acids but they do neutralize the acids present in stomach.