What is Radyance serum ?
Radyance Serum is a proprietary serum manufactured by Radyance Skincare, which claims to be all-in-one skin brightening and lightening solution.
- What are the Generic Name(s)
- How does it work ?
- What are it’s uses ?
- How effective is this serum ?
- What are the Side Effects ?
- Is this medicine addictive?
- What happens if it over-applied and how to manage? ?
- What to do in case there is an allergic reaction with it? ?
- What is the Dosage ?
- What are the precautions I need to take ?
- Is it safe to use If I am pregnant ?
- Is it safe to use if I am breast feeding ?
- Can this medicine used for Children and Infants ?
- Is Radyance serum available as over the counter (OTC) product?
What are the Generic Name(s)
As Radyance cream is a proprietary product, it’s exact ingredients and formulation is not known, but the list of claimed ingredients include
- Melissa Officinalis Leaf Extract
- Primula Veris Extract
- Jojoba Seed (Simmondsia Chinensis) oil
- Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Extract
- Alchemilla Vulgaris Extract
- Achillea Millefolium Extract
- Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Leaf Extract
- Veronica Officinalis Extract
- Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract
How does it work ?
The mechanism of action of the claimed individual ingredients of Radyance cream is listed below:
- Arbutin is a glycoside; a glycosylated hydroquinone extracted from the bearberry plant in the genus. It prevents the formation of melanin by inhibiting tyrosinase and is therefore used as a skin-lightening agent.
- Melissa Officinalis known as lemon balm is reported to have antibacterial properties and the extract of lemon balm was also found to have exceptionally high antioxidant activity.
- Primula Veris is also known as common cowslip or cowslip and contain different glycosides of 5-methoxysalicylic methyl ester
- Jojoba Oil is the liquid produced from the seed of jojoba plant, it is a common ingredient in various cosmetic products, especially ones that claim to have all natural ingredients.Jojoba oil is an Emollient and it soothes skin and unclogs hair follicles, so it is used for the treatment of acne, psoriasis, sunburn, and chapped skin.
- Malva Sylvestris is also called as common mallow and has been used medicinally since ancient times and is used as a Emollient , that moisturises and soothes skin
- Alchemilla Vulgaris is also called as and is used on skin to stop bleeding; improve wound healing; or treat ulcers, eczema, or skin rashes.
- Achillea Millefolium is also known as yarrow and is used in traditional medicine, because of its astringent effects and the essential oil extracted from the plants’ flowers are claimed to possess anti-inflammatory properties.
- Resveratrol is a stilbenoid, a type of natural phenol found in the skin of red grapes, peanuts and berries. It is a member of a group of plant compounds called polyphenols and is thought to have anti-oxidant properties
- Mentha Piperita, commonly called as peppermint and has high menthol content, the menthol in peppermint activates cold-sensitive receptors in the skin and mucosal tissues, and is the primary source of the cooling sensation that follows the topical application of peppermint oil.
- Veronica Officinalis is also called as speedwell or gypsyweed and is used sometimes to stop foot perspiration, heal wounds, and treat ongoing skin problems including itching.
- Camellia Sinensis is widely used as Green tea and possess astringent properties , it is also thought to possess high amounts of polyphenols, which has protective effects against free radicals and toxins. Camellia Sinensis reportedly also acts against sun damage and inflammation, thus preventing signs of aging.
What are it’s uses ?
Though the claimed benefits are not verified by any studies, some of the claimed benefits of Radyance serum are :
- Fades age spots
- Lightens dark eye circles
- Brightens complexion
- Improves Melasma
- Repairs acne scars
- Treats sun spots
Caution : These benefits are claimed by the company and have not been verified by any studies or research
How effective is Radyance serum ?
This is a relatively new product and there is no sufficient information on studies done on the effectiveness and efficacy of the product.
Consult a dermatologist to know if this medicine is right for you.
What are the Side Effects ?
There are no studies done to report the side effects of the combined side effects of the interactions of the claimed individual ingredients.
The side effects of the claimed individual ingredients of Radyance cream are:
- Alpha- Arbutin : The amount of arbutin used in alpha-arbutin is not known, but arbutin may cause skin rash as a side effect and it is not clear yet due to lack of studies, if arbutin , akin to Hydroquinone, poses any risk of ochronosis . Anything that has Hydroquinone can only be used for short duration, for not more than 2 months and alpha-arbutin possibly is safe for short duration.
- Melissa Officinalis : This is relatively safe when used for topical application for short term
- Primula Veris : This is possibly safe for most people to use when applied on skin
- Jojoba Oil : Using jojoba oil is relatively safe for most people when applied to the skin, even women who are pregnant or breast feeding. Side effects may include a rash and allergic reaction
- Malva Sylvestris : There are no reported side effcts of Mallow and is relatively safe to use when applied on skin
- Alchemilla Vulgaris : There are no reported side effects of alchemilla vulgaris when applied on skin
- Achillea Millefolium : This is relatively safe, the side effect of achillea millefolium when applied to skin is skin irritation
- Resveratrol : There are no reported adverse side effects
- Mentha Piperita : This is possibly safe when applied to skin
- Veronica Officinalis : There are no reported adverse side effects
- Camellia Sinensis : This is possibly safe when used on skin for short term
The side effects may vary with your skin type and condition, consult a dermatologist to learn if you can use this serum.
Is Radyance serum addictive?
Habit forming tendencies for this serum has not been reported. The most serum doesn’t come with a potential for addiction. Finally, do not over apply and increase your body’s dependence on chemicals without taking the advice of a doctor.
What happens if Radyance serum over-applied and how to manage?
It is not recommended to use more than the prescribed dose. Taking more than the prescribed dose will not improve your symptoms, it may cause serious side-effects. If you suspect that you or anyone else who may have overdosed, please go to the emergency department of the closest hospital. Do not give your used creams to others. Please consult your physician or pharmacist or product package for more information.
What to do in case there is an allergic reaction with Radyance serum ?
Some of the side effects of this medicine are skin irritation and rashes. If you observe any of the above side effects, gently clean the affected area with cold water and have a cold compress on the affected area. Consult your doctor as soon as possible and take necessary remedies.
What is the Dosage ?
The Directions of usage reads nightly application along with aloe vera oil
What are the precautions I need to take ?
- Consult a dermatologist to learn if it is safe for you
- Tell the doctor if you are suffering from any skin diseases or skin conditions
Is it safe to use If I am pregnant ?
This is a topical cream,so it is possibly safe for most people while you are pregnant, apart from the side effects that you may experience from using the cream.
Is it safe to use if I am breast feeding ?
This is a topical cream, so it is possibly safe for most people to use while you are breast feeding, apart from the side effects that you may experience from using the cream.
Don’t apply the cream near the breast and avoid any contact of the cream with the new born.
Can this cream be used for Children and Infants ?
Not enough studies is done to conclude if this serum is safe for children or infants, consult a dermatologist before applying it to children.
As a general rule avoid using any topical over the counter products on infants, unless advised by the doctor.
Is Radyance serum available as over the counter (OTC) product?
Yes, Radyance Serum is available as over the counter product, but it is only available through the company’s website.
You might find this article interesting
Colospa retard , is it safe? Uses, side-effects, dosage