What is Relent Syrup ?
Relent Syrup under class of mucolytic and mucokinetic agent of drug used for treatment of cough, chronic obstructive pulmonary disorder, asthma etc which is manufactured by Dr.reddy’s laboratories Ltd and available in 100ml bottle amber colored bottle..
- What is the generic name(s)?
- How does it work ?
- What are it’s uses ?
- How effective is this medicine ?
- What are the Side Effects ?
- Is this medicine addictive?
- What if I miss the dose of this medicine ?
- Can I drive after taking this medicine ?
- Can this medicine be taken on an empty stomach?
- Can I take this medicine with alcohol ?
- What is the Dosage ?
- What are the precautions I need to take ?
- Is it safe to take if I am pregnant ?
- Is it safe to take if I am breast feeding ?
- Can this medicine be given to children and infants ?
- Is Ascoril Ls available as an over the counter (OTC) product?
- Frequently asked questions
What is the generic name (s)?
Relent Syrup contain following three substituent’s
- Ambroxol (15 mg)
- Cetirizine (2.5 MG)
How does it work ?
Ambroxol belong to mucolytic agent. This acts by breaking down of sputum’s mucopolysaccharide fibers which are thick viscous in form into thinner and less viscous form as such can move easily and can be removed through coughing. This use to treat acute and chronic respiratory disease having increase mucus production conditions.
Cetirizine is an anti-allergic medication. It is from antihistamine class of medicines, is useful in combating allergic conditions. To fight the symptoms of allergy it inhibits the actions of a naturally occurring substance in the body called histamine.
What are it’s uses ?
There are many uses of Relent Syrup as
- Treatment of cough,
- Easing of breath
- Chest congestion,
- Thickened mucus cough
- Lungs inflammation
- Respiratory tract diseases
- Respiratory tract diseases
- Running Nose
How effective is this medicine ?
This medicine is a very powerful and effective medicine in treating in specified above mentioned diseases and against health indications discussed above.
What are the Side Effects ?
Relent syrup can cause following side-effects
- Excessive doses may lead to toxicity
- increased heart beat
- Urge to vomit
- Sore Throat
- Blurred Vision
- Feeling Of Discomfort
Is Relent Syrup addictive?
Habit forming tendencies for this medicine has not been reported. Most medicines don’t come with a potential for addiction. Government also categorizes medicines that can be addictive as controlled substances. Finally, do not self-medicate and increase your body’s dependence to medicines without taking the advice of a doctor.
What if I miss the dose of Relent Syrup?
Can I drive after taking Relent Syrup?
It is not safe to drive after taking this medicine if you experience dizziness or headache as side effects. One should not drive a vehicle if using the medicine makes drowsy, dizzy or reduces your blood-pressure. Please check for these conditions on your body while using this medicine.
Can Relent Syrup be taken on an empty stomach ?
This medicine has to be taken on empty stomach. Please follow your doctor’s advice on how you to use this medicine.
Can I take Relent Syrup with alcohol ?
Intake of this medicine with alcohol is not reported. How ever alcohol intake with medicine may intensifies drowsiness.It is better to consult your doctor before consumption of this medicine. Pharmacists also suggest not to take alcohol while using this medicine.
What is the Dosage of Relent Syrup?
The usual dose of this drug is 5ml dosage may vary on condition of the patient or Take as directed by your doctor.
What are the precautions I need to take ?
You should take following precautions while administering this medicine:
- Any allergies, pre-existing diseases tell to doctor.
- Hypersensitivity of any substituents in drug
- Vitamin and mineral supplements can interact with certain other medications tell the doctor if using any of drugs
- If you also on other medication like antibiotics,antacids,NSAIDs,diuertics etc.,
- The expiry date printed on the pack has passed.
- The packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering.
- Tell your doctor if you are taking any medicine
- Tell your doctor if you are suffering from any disease
- Keep this medicine out of the reach of children
Is it safe to take if I am pregnant ?
Yes, it is safe to take in the recommended dosage if one is pregnant and you stop the medicine immediately after your cough subsides.& there are no reports of any problems occurring
Though no studies have been conducted on humans and animals to find out any problems which might occur on having this capsule during pregnancy.
Consult a doctor before administering this medicine to a pregnant woman.
Is it safe to take if I am breast feeding ?
Yes, it is safe to take in the recommended dosage if one is breast feeding & there are no reports of any problems occurring but Please consult with your doctor before starting this capsule.
If your breast feeding or planning to start breast feeding, consult a doctor before using this medicine.
Can this medicine be given to children and infants ?
Yes it is safe to give to children but only on prescription or advice by a doctor.
Consult with a doctor regarding the frequency and the dosage of the drug.
Is Relent Syrup available as an over the counter (OTC) product?
Ascoril ls is available as an over the counter or an OTC product. Consult the doctor before taking the medicine.
Frequently asked questions
What is difference between Relent Syrup and Relent Syrup plus ?
Relent syrup contains -Cetirizine (2.5 MG)
Relent Syrup plus- Cetirizine (5 MG) percentage of mg of cetirizine varies in both
what frequency do I need to use Relent Syrup?
The usual dose 5ml per dose or as prescribed by doctor.
Can i take this daily?
No the medication should be stopped once the cough subsidies.
What to do if took in case I took an overdose of this medicine ?
Do not take overdose of this drug taking more than prescribed dose may lead to adverse effects than quick healing.
Immediately rush to your doctor or nearest health care center for advice.
Symptoms of overdose include mild to severe vomiting, nausea or Tremulousness etc., .
What are the storage precautions for this medicine?
- Keep the bottle in cool and dry place , Avoid direct sunlight and Shake well before use.
- Do not store medicine in the bathroom or near a sink.
- Avoid direct contact with sunlight.
- Keep it away from the reach of children and pets.
- If the expiry date on the pack is passed, ask a pharmacist about ways of discarding it.