What is Renerve Plus?
Renerve Plus is the brand name for a soft gelatin coated vitamin B-complex capsule, used in the treatment of adjuvant therapy for cancer, HIV and diabetes. This capsule is also used as an nutritional supplement. This capsule is manufactured and marketed by Strides Arcolab Ltd. This capsule is to administered orally and it is available in the packaging of 15 capsules per strip.
- What is the generic name(s)?
- How does it work ?
- What are it’s uses ?
- How effective is this medicine ?
- What are the Side Effects ?
- Is this medicine addictive?
- What if I miss the dose of this medicine ?
- Can I drive after taking this medicine ?
- Can this medicine be taken on an empty stomach ?
- Can I take this medicine with alcohol ?
- What is the Dosage ?
- What are the precautions I need to take ?
- Is it safe to take if I am pregnant ?
- Is it safe to take if I am breast feeding ?
- Can this medicine be given to children and infants ?
- Is Renerve Plus available as an over the counter (OTC) product?
- Frequently asked questions
What is the generic name (s)?
The main ingredients of Renerve plus capsule are:
- Methylcobalamine (Mecobalamine) ———- 1500 mcg
- Alpha Lipoic acid ———- 200 mg
- Inositol ———- 100 mg
- Folic acid ———- 1.5 mg
- Chromium Polynicotinate ———- 200 mcg
- Seleno Methionine ———– 55 mcg
- Zinc monomethionine ———– 25 mg
How does it work ?
Methylcobalamin or Mecobalamin: It is an active type of vitamin B 12. It helps the nerve cells to function properly and even helps the damaged nerve cells to recover.It helps in the conversion of proteins and fats into energy. It is involved in the production of haemoglobin. It helps in the reduction of the level of homocysteine. It also contributes in the development and production of red blood cells.
Alpha Lipoic acid in an antioxidant. It prevents the damage to certain kind of cell in body and restore the levels of vitamin E & C. It also improves the neuron function in Diabetes.
Inositol is a vitamin B like chemical, it works by maintaining chemical balance in body.
Folic acid works to have good health for cells like red blood cells. It is needed to to manage and prevent low levels of folate in the body. It is vitamin B9 and it is used as a supplement and in treatment of diseases cause by Folate deficiency. Folic acid in absorbed by the small intestine and then it binds with plasma proteins.
Chromium (Chromium Polynicotinate) is an essential substance required to process insulin metabolism. It helps in manipulation of lipid, protein actions, and breaking carbohydrates.
Selenium (Seleno Methionine) protects the tissues from oxidation damages and ageing. It helps in maintaining optimum tissue growth.
Zinc (Zinc monomethionine) also play a vital role in synthesis of the nucleic acids and nucleoproteins. Zinc also affects the growth of tissues and damage repair in tissues.
What are it’s uses ?
Renerve plus capsule can be used in the prevention and treatment of following diseases :
- Liver disorders
- AIDS and HIV
- Multiple kinds of Cancer
- Nerve damage
- High cholesterol
- Poor diet and Poor absorption of food
- Anemia due to folic acid deficiency
- Increased requirement of folate in the body during pregnancy
- OCD (Obsessive-compulsive disorder)
- Panic disorder
- Acute respiratory distress syndrome
- Neurological disorders and related pain
- Selenium deficiency
- Polycystic ovary syndrome
- Aging related loss of vision
How effective is this medicine ?
This medicine is very effective for all the conditions mentioned above. It has to be taken in the correct dosage, frequency and for the right period/ duration of time. Please consult with a doctor or a qualified health expert for the correct diagnosis of the problem.
What are the Side Effects ?
Below are the common side effects that can occur from Renerve Plus medication. Please consult a doctor if you observe any of these side effects:
- Bronchospasm, Difficult breathing
- Bitterness of mouth
- Gastrointestinal problems, Flatulence
- Loss of appetite
- Allergic rejection
- Bloating, stomach pain
- Nausea, Anxiety
- Persistent itchy rashes on skin
- Cold like symptoms, shivering
- Insomnia, Sleeping disturbancies
- Dark or green stool
Is Renerve plus addictive?
Habit forming tendencies for this medicine has not been reported. Most medicines don’t come with a potential for addiction. The government also categorizes medicines that can be addictive as controlled substances. Finally, do not self-medicate and increase your body’s dependence on medicines without taking the advice of a doctor.
What if I miss the dose of Renerve plus?
Can I drive after taking Renerve plus?
It is not safe to drive after taking this medicine if you experience dizziness or a headache as side effects. One should not drive a vehicle if using the medicine makes drowsy, dizzy or reduces your blood pressure. Please check for these conditions on your body while using this medicine.
Can Renerve plus be taken on an empty stomach?
This medicine has to be taken after food. Please follow your doctor’s advice on how you to use this medicine.
Can I take Renerve plus with alcohol?
Intake of this medicine with alcohol is not recommended. Alcohol intake with this medicine may intensify drowsiness. It is better to consult your doctor before consumption of this medicine. Pharmacists also suggest not to take alcohol while using this medicine.
What is the Dosage ?
Despite this oral capsule being an over the counter product, regarding the dosage of Renerve Plus, please consult with a doctor as it will depend on the condition for which it has to be administered.For best results take it for the duration suggested by the doctor.
What are the precautions I need to take ?
- Do not take this capsule if you are on any other prescribed or non-prescribed medication.
- If you have any Liver disease, gastrointestinal disease and sinus congestion.
- If you are Pregnant or planning to get pregnant
- If you are breast feeding an infant or planning to start breast feeding.
- Take this medicine only if prescribed by the doctor
- Take full course of treatment
- Do not take this medicine if you are allergic to any of the ingredients of this medicine or any of their excipient
- Do not take this medicinal product after the expiry date stated on the carton package
- Tell your doctor if you are taking any medicine
- Tell your doctor if you are suffering from any disease
- Keep this medicine out of the reach of children
- Drink plenty of liquids during medication
Is it safe to take if I am pregnant ?
This drug is classified by FDA as pregnancy category ‘B’ No risk in other studies: Animal reproduction studies have failed to demonstrate a risk to the fetus and there are no adequate and well-controlled studies in pregnant women OR Animal studies have shown an adverse effect, but adequate and well-controlled studies in pregnant women have failed to demonstrate a risk to the fetus in any trimester.
It can be taken if you are pregnant or are planning to be pregnant. Please share the actual status of your pregnancy with your doctor for the correct prescription of this medicine.
Is it safe to take if I am breast feeding ?
No, it is not safe to take Renerve plus during breastfeeding. The effect of this medicine on quality of milk and infants health not is unknown.
Please share your breastfeeding plans with your doctor if being prescribed by this medicine
Can this medicine be given to children and infants ?
This medicine can be given to children and infants. Consult a doctor for the information on correct dosage therapeutic requirements of the patient child.
Is Renerve Plus available as an over the counter (OTC) product?
Yes, Renerve Plus capsule is available as an over the counter or OTC product. But it is advised to consult with the doctor for the particular case related information and regarding its correct dosage, timing and duration of use.
Frequently asked questions
Can I take this capsule for pain relief ?
No, this capsule is a vitamin B complex capsule. It will not work immediately and will not relieve your from pain. Consult to doctor and take a prescription for analgesic medication.