What is Signoflam tablet?
Signoflam is the brand name for a film coated tablet which is mainly prescribed for the treatment of headache, and muscle pain. This tablets are manufactured and marketed by Lupin limited. Medicine is available in market in the packaging of 10 tablets per strip.
- What is the generic name(s)?
- How does it work ?
- What are it’s uses ?
- How effective is this medicine ?
- What are the Side Effects ?
- What is the Dosage ?
- What are the precautions I need to take ?
- Is it safe to take if I am pregnant ?
- Is it safe to take if I am breast feeding ?
- Can this medicine be given to children and infants ?
- Is Signoflam tablet available as an over the counter (OTC) product?
- Frequently asked questions
What is the generic name (s)?
- Aceclofenac ———- 100 mg
- Serratiopeptidase ——– 15 mg
- Paracetamol ———- 500 mg
How does it work ?
Aceclofenac belongs to a class of medicines called non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAID’s). It reduces the production of a chemical called prostaglandins. This chemical causes swelling and pain in body. The drug blocks the production and action of prostaglandins and relives the body pain and swelling.
Serratiopeptidase is an inhibitor enzyme. It works by stopping the pain and inflammation generator system by disrupting the mediator chemicals, thereby it reduces the inflammation and pain.
Paracetamol has both anti-pyretic and painkilling properties. It works by stimulating the brain’s temperature-regulating region and increasing the pain threshold. Paracetamol increases the blood flow across the skin. It results in sweating, heat loss and helps in lowering the fever.
What are it’s uses ?
- Ear ache and ear infections
- Tooth and jaw pain
- Headache and migraine
- Muscular pain
- Menstrual pain and cramps
- Cold, flu and fever
- Bones and joints pain
- Ankylosing spondylitis
- Pain in air cavities around nose
- Swelling and inflammation
- Sore throat
- Blood clots
- Rheumatoid arthritis, Osteoarthritis
How effective is this medicine ?
Signoflam tablet is a very effective combination drug against all the diseases and conditions listed above.
What are the Side Effects ?
Below is a comprehensive list of all the possible side effects of this drug. Some of the side effects may occur very rarely. If you experience any of these side effects, Inform your doctor immediately.
- Irritation on skin, rashes, inflammation and reddening of skin
- Abdominal pain, intestinal bleeding
- Gastrointestinal discomfort, acidity, heartburn, gas, flatulence
- Indigestion, constipation, vomiting, diarrhea
- High blood pressure, irregular blood flow
- Abnormal blood count
- Damaged liver, liver toxicity
- Mouth ulcers, intestinal and stomach ulcers
- Dizziness, nausea, anxiety
- Loss of appetite, mood swings,
- Sickness, shortened breath
- Blurred and cloudy vision
- Nose bleed
Seek emergency medical help or consult a doctor immediately if you observe any serious or persistent side effects.
What is the Dosage ?
The dosage of this tablet varies with the patient’s age and the problem for which it is being administered. For example, the typical dosage for adults is 1 tablet , twice a day.
Please consult with doctor to know about the correct dosage for the speedy recovery of the patient.
What are the precautions I need to take ?
- Take this medicine only if prescribed by the doctor
- Do not consume alcohol while taking this medicine
- Refrain from consuming alcohol for at least 3 days after the last dosage of this medicine
- Take full course of treatment
- Do not take this medicine if you are allergic to any of the ingredients of this medicine or any of their excipient
- Do not take this medicinal product after the expiry date stated on the carton package
- Tell your doctor if you are taking any medicine
- Tell your doctor if you are suffering from any disease
- Keep this medicine out of the reach of children.
Caution should be implied if the patient is :
- On any other prescribed or non-prescribed medication.
- Has any Liver disease, gastrointestinal disease and blood clotting issues.
- Suffering from Crohn’s disease, cardiac problems and bruising.
- Pregnant or breastfeeding.
Is it safe to take if I am pregnant ?
No, this medicine is not safe to take if you are pregnant or planning to get pregnant.
Signoflam tablet belongs to pregnancy category ‘N’, FDA has not yet classified the drug into a specified pregnancy category.
Please consult your gynecologists or a qualified doctor before administering this drug to a pregnant woman.
Is it safe to take if I am breast feeding ?
No, signoflam tablet is not safe to take if you are breast feeding or planning to start breast feeding. This drug may be secret through breast milk. It can harm the infant an affect the production and quality of breast milk.
Please consult your doctor before using this medicine if your nursing a baby.
Can this medicine be given to children and infants ?
This medicine should not be given to infants.
This medicine should not be given to children, unless advised by the doctor.
Is Signoflam available as an over the counter (OTC) product?
No, Signoflam tablet is not available as an over the counter (OTC) product. It is a prescription drug. It has to be prescribed by a qualified specialist only.
Frequently asked questions
How long should I take this medicine?
For duration of taking Signoflam tablets, it is better to get it prescribed from your doctor , as it varies from case to case.
What if i happen to miss a dose of Signoflam?
You can take it if the time is not close for the next dose. Don’t take double dose in any case. Its always better to consult your doctor in such cases in order to avoid any bad or harmful effects.
How to store this medicine?
This medicine has to be stored in a cool and dry place ( 15 to 35 degree Celsius), protected from light, away from the reach of children and pets. It is advised to use an air-tight container for the storage of this medicine. Also, discard the medicine post its expiry date.